Air Belgium is a new aviation initiative. Our ambitions are to offer quality and attractively priced intercontinental flights to selected markets. Our newly set-up company Head Office is located in an important business park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. We are looking for an aircraft materials controller (m/f/x).
Purpose of the job
- Control of the aircraft spare parts provisioning by the contracted pool provider and contracted maintenance organisation.
- Control the Air Belgium owned inventory of acquired spare parts, material and equipment.
- Protect best Air Belgium interest in Aircraft material provisioning and storage.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Control respect of agreed interface procedures about material provisioning between Air Belgium and the Contracted providers.
- Control the provisioning of pool and non-pool parts in the best interest of the company, with dedicated attention to the cost of AOG and Critical A orders.
- Monitor parts loan to keep rental cost to the strict minimum necessary.
- Investigate Pool Provider reported imbalance, and ensure that corrective action is taken by contracted parties.
- Monitor the actual consignment stock rented from contracted parties, and control related invoicing.
- Define and monitor the content and location of Fly Away Kits.
- Control that Warranty cases are appropriately processed by the Contracted Maintenance and Pool Providers.
- For all above items, feedback on discrepancies to the involved parties.
- Monitor the adequacy of Contracted Pool Part Numbers positive list, to the effective configuration of Air Belgium fleet.
- Monitor the stock of aircraft parts and tools owned by Air Belgium. Supervise stock counts and liaise with finance department as appropriate.
- Evaluate the used material proposals by brokers and un-contracted providers.
- In coordination with the Maintenance Planner, procure pre-load for Base Maintenance checks, and supervise the preparation and shipment of the material by the Contracted Maintenance Organization.
- Keep a register of the differences in standards between delivered and returned parts, to substantiate commercial discussion with Pool Provider on upgrade cost, and with Aircraft Lessor at aircraft Re-delivery.
- Review the requests originating from the Contracted Pool Provider, to upgrade Pool Parts standard (Customer Approval Sheet) and approve or reject as appropriate.
- Verify the additional cost invoiced by the Contracted Pool Provider for supposed abnormal wear and tear, approve or reject as appropriate.
- Coordinate material transport at optimal cost/service balance.
- Organize sales of eventual surplus material in the best interest of the company.
- Procure the required material for special projects.
- Responsible to keep all documentation that supports the figures, such as invoices and receipts.
Quality Management Responsibilities
- Identify and report any deficiency in order to enable appropriate corrective action.
- Follow the applicable procedure and suggest improvements when necessary to improve the quality.
- Constantly look for ways to increase service quality.
Performance Management Responsibilities
- Ensure that all within your powers is done to achieve the company key performance indicators.
Realising Operational Targets
- Monitor actual performance in terms of cost, quality and service level of all relevant aircraft materials maintenance and provisioning suppliers and, where necessary report any deficiency in order to take corrective actions to ensure the realisation of the operational targets.
- Assist to improve and maintain departmental KPI’s and fleet dispatch reliability.
- Support and participate in technical related projects as assigned.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
- Conscientious and hardworking individual willing to take responsibility for ensuring activities are completed in the required time frame.
- Committed to professional development.
Requirements and qualifications
- Secondary School (or equivalent) with technical orientation.
- Strong interest in aviation.
- Fluent technical and conversational English both written and spoken, conversational French and Dutch.
- Experience in EASA Part145 environment, and components acceptance is an asset.
- Pronounced sense of responsibility and organisation.
- Maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- Strong computer literacy, good administration skills, familiar with MS office and e-mail system.
- Ability to work with detailed information in a structured fashion.
- Good organizational skills, rigorous, precise, well organized to keep overview on projects, set priorities.
- Ability to work independently, sense of urgency, take/prepare decisions.
- Strong teamwork background.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills.
- A permanent contract.
- A package in line with industry standards.
How to apply
Candidates can apply via the following link.