VLM Airlines employs over 70 aviation professionals to perform charter, ACMI and private flights within Europe.
VLM Airlines is currently looking within the Flight Operations Department for (m/f)
AB-INITIO FIRST OFFICERS to operate as FLIGHT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (FOA)
From the heart of our Flight Operations Control Center in Zaventem, the Flight Operations Assistant will take the necessary measures in order to ensure the maximum regularity and punctuality in the daily execution of the flight program.
You will be working for a renewable temporary period of 2 years as a Flight Operations Assistant. After successful completion of at least 2 years of FOA-assignment and complementary testing, you will have the opportunity to start your Type Rating on A32F within our organisation when a training course for ab-initio First-Officer is organized.
As a Flight Operations Assistant you will have following responsibilities :
with regard to Operations :
- Ensure co-ordination between different services in BRU and in outstations
- Gather and prepare the necessary information for the different services
- Monitor the flight follow-up
- Take all necessary measures in case of operational anomalies or incidents
- Co-ordinate the assistance to other companies when granted and required
- Decide on the acceptance or refusal of special flights proposed at short term, taking into account the available staff, qualifications, flight time limitations etc.
- Elaborate flight plans and slot management
with regard to Crewing :
- Control the tasks assumed by the Crew planning Dept.
- Take any action, up to and including flight cancellation or a routing modification, required in case of operational anomalies resulting in a crew shortage
- Settle the duty time problems in BRU and in the outstations
- In absence of the Crew planners, establish the transportation vouchers and make the required reservations
- Update crew schedules
- Holder of an unrestricted EU passport or valid EU work permit
- Languages: ICAO English (at least Level 5), conversational level of Dutch and French in writing and speaking
- For A320 type rated candidates only: minimum 500 hours experience on type
- Have finished the basic flight school training and respond to following requirements:
- Valid JAR-FCL (frozen) ATPL or EASA Part FCL (frozen) ATPL
- Valid IR-ME
- High standard of flying skills and CRM
- MCC performed on jet airliner type simulator (if not, additional Jet Familiarisation course required)
- Flawless safety record
- Academic background: at least university entrance level diploma (emphasis on mathematics and sciences); additional academic curriculum is appreciated
- Have high standard of flying skills and CRM
- Have a flawless safety record
- Be a dynamic team player, stress resistant, flexible, discrete in handling confidential information and have good communication skills
- Have good knowledge of MS Office and be willing to learn the usage of company own programs
The Flight Operations Control Centre works in a 3-shift system (24/7).
VLM Airlines Brussels at Brussels National Airport – 1930 Zaventem
Are you an interested candidate that meets all of the above-required skills and experience, please send your motivation letter and your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other job openings ? Visit: http://www.aviation24.be/aviation-jobs-werken-in-de-luchtvaart-offres-demploi/