New Belgian Charter Airline ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The smaller aircrafts are going back to their lessors. I have no news about the long haul aircrafts.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

This evening in the VRT news the story about the bankrupt of Sobelair, they closed with the rumour that some of the ex-sobelairs want to go back flying under the name Sobelair.

A320joske

Post by A320joske »

It will be Eray Serimozu, the director of TO Mediterra
Wasn't that the same investor/owner of Constellation that went bankrupt some years ago??

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A320joske wrote:
Wasn't that the same investor/owner of Constellation that went bankrupt some years ago??
Correct!
André
ex Sabena #26567

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

sn26567 wrote:
A320joske wrote:
Correct!
Again rumours and more rumours ...... Could be Serimozu, yes, although I would be very surprised (unless not under his name / ownership).

Heard several other names like Guttelman (and also his brother), Vastapane, Mellaerts, .....

1-thing for sure, keep the rumours down until correct facts are given.

Stay realistic ....

Kind regards,

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

...and also the kidnapped businessman in Brussels last year ( http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_131720.html ) . Thanks to this very nice gentleman Constellation went bankrupt because he used the money of the airline to let his touroperator survive... Mediterra never paid the invoices to the charter company.

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

FlyA330 wrote:...and also the kidnapped businessman in Brussels last year ( http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_131720.html ) . Thanks to this very nice gentleman Constellation went bankrupt because he used the money of the airline to let his touroperator survive... Mediterra never paid the invoices to the charter company.
Fly A330 ... I agree ... but disagree on facts, articles, ..... until it is proven (read published) otherwise, although again I do agree, bot nothing has been ever published correctly and justly.

I can only say that I am more than quit sure, Constellation could have had a nice futher ahead of it ...... more than ....

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

It's Christian heinzeman ex sobelair, constellation, challengair, luxair, sncb,...

News from tourmag

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

The kidnapping was a fact..it was Serimozu. And about the unpaid invoices, that was told to me by the accountant of Constellation at the time of the bankruptcy.
On 16 december 1999 his TO Mediterra went also bankrupt but restarted soon after...

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

Gate-A1 wrote:It's Christian heinzeman ex sobelair, constellation, challengair, luxair, sncb,...

News from tourmag

I was already wondering what was happening with Christian ..... didn't hear any news from him since his last TV appearance re SNCB and his return (?) to Luxair.

Really wondering .....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

He was fired by Luxair last year. He has some spare time to think of a new airline!
André
ex Sabena #26567

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

RYR8023

Serimozu didn't create Constellation. CIN was founded in 1995 and started flying with 727's. It was only during 1997 that Serimozu and his Turkish Mafia came into the picture.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

No news about this story? The last two weeks nothing heard or read about this.

TUI was the first this week to announce in public that during the summer period there is a lack of capacity.

TUB023

Post by TUB023 »

any more news about this here...?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

This rumour was, as far as I know, announced by one single site, Tourmag. So, this is why I think we don't receive further news on this.

Imagine that SNBA will be that "new charter company" LOL :lol: :roll:
Just a joke.

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

or maybe VEX as they're more of a leisure airline?

PAA

Post by PAA »

A figure like Christian Heinzmann is definitely in the loop on this, so watch the news in the coming months I believe there is more to come. The man was on the books for SNBA's top job, he might not have succeeded but has definitely enough know-how and quality networking to launch a new operation.
I am pretty much convinced that a Sobelair-like scenario is likely to re-born anytime soon, increasing competition with lower unit costs to African destinations. Not low cost stricto senso but at least more flexible/lower pricing.
Wait and see!

TUB023

Post by TUB023 »

well i hope for a new company with 767 that can replace the martinair flights ^^