New Belgian Charter Airline ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

vueling

New Belgian Charter Airline ?

Post by vueling »

According to Tourmag.com a new Belgian charter airline is in creation.
The web magazine say that there is a lack of charter airline when the two major operator (FQ and TUB) need extra capacity. When they need such capacity, they are obliged to ask foreign carrier wich upset some passengers.

More info can be found here : http://tourmag.com/Belgique-une-nouvell ... 11755.html

stevie

Post by stevie »

what pity that the next is not in dutch/english :?

but it would be very nice an new airline in belgium :)

flying greetzz

steven

brieky

Post by brieky »

maybe also to replace the martinair flights?
It would be nice to have a great chartercompany! Maybe something like Martinair :wink: :D :

Greetz Brieky

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Is the Belgium market big enough for 4 charter airlines ?
For the moment we have TUI Belgium , Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium and TNT. In summer season there's enough demand but during the winter ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

UltraSonic

Post by UltraSonic »

airbuske wrote:Is the Belgium market big enough for 4 charter airlines ?
For the moment we have TUI Belgium , Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium and TNT. In summer season there's enough demand but during the winter ?
There is if they can get an exclusivity agreement with booking firms. City Bird for example had an agreement with "VIP" bookings, all flights to certain City Bird destinations booked thruw "VIP" where operated by them. City Bird didn't go bankruft because of a lack of passengers and/or flights, they had the pax, the flights and the agreements.

In my humble opinion there is enough market for a charter company in EBBR, if they get the right aircraft types, agreements, personel and management.

brieky

Post by brieky »

in the winter you have the charters to the balearic islands, Spain,... there is also in winter a market for +65!
its the main public for charters in winter.

Greetz Brieky

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

stevie wrote:what pity that the next is not in dutch/english :?
Why don't you learn French, my friend? But Luchtzak is always there to help you:

https://www.aviation24.be/article11215.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The article says that the current Belgian charters are not sufficient to cover destinations like Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, hence the need to chater planes from the destination countries. And, indeed, why use Martinair if a Belgian company can do the job.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Ok I'm convinced ;)

Martinair is flying for FQ because FQ has no money for a B767 , right ?
So If a Belgium company could do it , yeah nice.

I don't know how fare they are with the company but we will know this soon , no ?
One of them could announce at the beginning of March that he will create a new charter airline on the model of Sobelair.
Does someone know for how long Martinair and Thomas Cook signed the contract ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

brieky

Post by brieky »

something like 2 B767 would b great! to replace the martinair flights!

greetz Brieky

BMO

Post by BMO »

sn26567 wrote:
The article says that the current Belgian charters are not sufficient to cover destinations like Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, hence the need to chater planes from the destination countries. And, indeed, why use Martinair if a Belgian company can do the job.
Hi folks,

The reason why Belgian charters not flying themselve on Turkey is because MNG/ONUR/PEGASUS are less expensive then if they would fly themselve, If a new charter would be less cheaper then the turkish charters, would it have a chance to survive :?:

PS MNG airlines normally will stop their charter flights...

grtz
BMO

stevie

Post by stevie »

sn26567 wrote:
stevie wrote:what pity that the next is not in dutch/english :?
Why don't you learn French, my friend? But Luchtzak is always there to help you:

https://www.aviation24.be/article11215.html
I' m 'learning' I' m already 15 years :d

but thanks :wink:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

airbuske wrote:Ok I'm convinced ;)

Martinair is flying for FQ because FQ has no money for a B767 , right ?
So If a Belgium company could do it , yeah nice.

I don't know how fare they are with the company but we will know this soon , no ?
One of them could announce at the beginning of March that he will create a new charter airline on the model of Sobelair.
Does someone know for how long Martinair and Thomas Cook signed the contract ?
FQ signed a three year contract with MP.

I'm pro a new charter airline if they have a very good businessplan. What will they do: flying on European destinations (with a lot of competition), flying on exotic destinations (Colombo, Phuket, Male, Miami, etc), or both?

The flights I mentioned above are very succesfull, so why don't start to Miami, Vietnam, etc. People are asking for such a flights and are now going via FRA.

I'm very curious and I hope they will take the right decision.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Thank you Atlantis.
I'm very curious if the new project will take off.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

airbuske wrote:Thank you Atlantis.
I'm very curious if the new project will take off.
My curiosity goes to the owner of the company too :D

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

It will be Eray Serimozu, the director of TO Mediterra. The company will start with 1 leased AC and seasonal flights to Turkey. I don't know the type of aircraft: Airbus or Boeing. Can we call this a "new Belgian charter company"?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I'm still concerned about those flights. Like member BMO already said there are quite a lot Turkish airlines who flying to Belgium. With the beginning of the next summer season, Inter Airlines will add BRU because Jetair asked them to operate for them.

I was also looking at the figures of the lowest months of the year, winter months, for charters. January was more then 34% lower then last year. TQ changed some charter flights to scheduled flights but that are some %'s. Look also at the Olympic Winter Games. TQ gave one aircraft to fly between AMS and Turin.

This means in these months you get some problems if you don't add totaly new destinations. I say it one again, they have to fly over the border of the European Union.

That's my opinion.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

PS MNG airlines normally will stop their charter flights...
I don't know that for sure, but the flights to Turkey will be operated by "Inter Airlines", an other turkish company.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

That's true, MNG will stop with pax flights. They are going to do only cargo flights.

So, something news under the sun? It was today or at least next thursday that they are going to announce a "possible" new charter airline.

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

Atlantis wrote:That's true, MNG will stop with pax flights. They are going to do only cargo flights.
indeed, they lost at least 4 or 5 flights during the summer season from their biggest clients: Jetair and Thomas Cook

Inter airlines will operate for Jetair, Pegasus and Sunexpress will for Thomas cook this summer...

very sad for MNG... but buisiness is really hard!
anyway, I wish them all the best for the future!
What will happen to their planes? Maybe those A300's (tc-mnz and tc-mny) will be converted to Cargo aircraft?