Brussels Airlines in 2024

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Delta Sierra

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2024

Post by Delta Sierra »

I don't know if someone has access to WirtschaftsWoche ?

According to WirtschaftsWoche, Dorothea Von Boxberg, currently CEO of Brussels Airlines, is one of the two candidates to succeed current CEO Carsten Spohr.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Delta Sierra wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 16:40 I don't know if someone has access to WirtschaftsWoche ?

According to WirtschaftsWoche, Dorothea Von Boxberg, currently CEO of Brussels Airlines, is one of the two candidates to succeed current CEO Carsten Spohr.
It was mentioned too yesterday in an article on LinkedIn. In case that she would become the new ever female CEO over the Lufthansa group, it would mean that SN has to search again for a CEO. Number x in x years.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

On a side note, SN contributes around 36,5% of the Brussels airport traffic at this moment.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

Atlantis wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 17:49
Delta Sierra wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 16:40 I don't know if someone has access to WirtschaftsWoche ?

It was mentioned too yesterday in an article on LinkedIn. In case that she would become the new ever female CEO over the Lufthansa group, it would mean that SN has to search again for a CEO. Number x in x years.
SN would not search for a CEO, LH would nominate the right candidate.
It is normal to have succesion plans and likely a new Group CEO is coming from a Pool of candidates being somewhere in their mid 40's today.
The smaller brands in the Group are typically designated for talent, the real candidates would take over at a later stage LH mainline or a Hub or Swiss.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

OO-SFG has finally ended her extended stay in Abidjan.

Flying back as SN9902. Currently abeam Ouaga at FL400.
According to FR24, planned to run SN501 on Friday 05JAN.

H.A.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Should more be done when it arrives in Brussels (mean other checks, testing)?
Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

[Put it in this news item, sorry if wrong ...]

Some news from the SN fleet (based on info from https://sites.google.com/view/europeanairlinefleets/bel:
- OO-SNF which had the Amare color scheme is now in EMA for repaint. Will it get the new SN scheme or will they keep Amare scheme and only adapt the tail. I guess the first since OO-SBB will get a tomorrowland color scheme later if I got it well.
- OO-SFX is now in MAN for maintenance. This leaves SN with 8 long haul planes which should be enough for the 7 to 8 daily long haul flights to Africa and JFK.

Regards,
Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Brussels Airlines decided to cancell TLV flights untill 03/03 included.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

A 24-hour strike of the pilots, starting tomorrow morning 0500

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... 3-january/

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

This is really stupide from the management!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Rather strange we do not read any feedback from the rather successful strike of last saturday. 🤔

I give you one feedback that illustrates SN’s professionalism level: many cases of severe malaria are now reported amongst the crew. You know the crew are overnighting in “tents” in a National Park lodge close to Ndjili. The Tropical Disease Institute considers that this is a “unconscious risk” undergone for the SN personnel.

Don’t be surprised if more cancellations are to be seen in the next weeks on the long-haul sector.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Darjeeling wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 17:54 Rather strange we do not read any feedback from the rather successful strike of last saturday. 🤔

I give you one feedback that illustrates SN’s professionalism level: many cases of severe malaria are now reported amongst the crew. You know the crew are overnighting in “tents” in a National Park lodge close to Ndjili. The Tropical Disease Institute considers that this is a “unconscious risk” undergone for the SN personnel.

Don’t be surprised if more cancellations are to be seen in the next weeks on the long-haul sector.
Yes and by this the slow end of the airline. One of the most important years just started. New planes comes in and new crew is hired. It's now or never. New long haul of the same Alliance will start to code share.

As a group it can be escalated higher than only till the ceo in Belgium. Much better to use this than court or strike.

What is also not helping is each 2 years a new ceo for SN

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Darjeeling wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 17:54 I give you one feedback that illustrates SN’s professionalism level: many cases of severe malaria are now reported amongst the crew. You know the crew are overnighting in “tents” in a National Park lodge close to Ndjili. The Tropical Disease Institute considers that this is a “unconscious risk” undergone for the SN personnel.
The crew will sleep back in the Memling hotel, much sooner than expected.

brabel

Post by brabel »

Brussels airlines presented new uniforms.. No more red, but champagne colored touches on marine blue uniforms.
Also, no more male / female style. Also men can wear make-up and a scarf, women can wear sneakers.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

brabel wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 19:34 Brussels airlines presented new uniforms.. No more red, but champagne colored touches on marine blue uniforms.
Also, no more male / female style. Also men can wear make-up and a scarf, women can wear sneakers.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... the-world/

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

I like it: classy and cool at the same time :D

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

luchtzak wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 19:56
brabel wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 19:34 Brussels airlines presented new uniforms.. No more red, but champagne colored touches on marine blue uniforms.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... the-world/
The way it used to be... uniforms from Sabena to Brussels Airlines (Flemish tv = Dutch spoken only):
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/kijk/2024/ ... arvato-63/

b720

Post by b720 »

DannyVDB wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 20:22 I like it: classy and cool at the same time :D
So do I.. similar to Lufthansa colours though, but I like it. And indeed classy and fresh at the same time:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Sad and boring from my side, way to dark, they could have add some bright element, like a simple white shirt