Brussels Airlines Avro farewell flights

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Yuqu12

Brussels Airlines Avro farewell flights

Post by Yuqu12 »

Wasn't Brussels Airlines going to do something for the aviation fans of the RJ100 (e.g. goodbye flight like Swiss)?

Airbus330lover

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Airbus330lover »

hope so

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

I tried and asked but seems they won't do such flight for enthousiast as they can't make money out of it, no crew available, too much hassle I suppose...
There will be farewell flights but only for press ( guess some luchtzakmoderators will be there :) ) and own personel ( which have to pay ) and a lucky winner of something ,...
So not this time !
Very Sad for us enthousiasts .... Would have been nice free publicity ,.. But guess those pressguys will manage some of this ,...

CXB

After this I'm booked on one of the last KLM F70' flights which will retire the same day,...
Have enough normal Avro and GVA rotations already, really hoped on these farewell flights !
New types flown 2022.. A339

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

There will be a total 4 farewell flights on Sunday 29th. Each will last around 30 min. Tickets are available to employees and press members. Your best chance to be on board is to become a luchtzak.be journalist ;)

mad_fab

Post by mad_fab »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:07 ...4 farewell flights... employees and press members...
Let's call it a PR stunt then, not "farewell flights"... ;)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

It will be 3,5 flights for employees and 0,5 for press. It will be the end of an era, so yes there will be some PR coverage, but not a "stunt" (like the flying icons, TML partyflights, etc...)

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Well that's pretty sad to be honest. Why wouldn't SN be able to make money out of it? They can sell these flights to aviation enthousiasts. I'm sure that those flights would be sold out.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I am 100% sure they would be sold out. Look at the farewell flights KLM did for the MD-11. I tried to book a ticket for one of those flights about half an hour after bookings were opened, and did not manage to get a ticket.
Thomas

HQ_BRU_Lover

Re: Brussels Airlines Avro farewell flights

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

It's not because an airplane is 'sold out' that it is making money (or not losing too much money, in this case). I guess operations wise it's just too difficult to find a good solution.

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Sad to hear that they won't be organising farewell flights for the general public. I was really hoping to get tickets for me and my son, as he would love to fly once more.

Earlier this year we managed to get tickets for the AF B787 Welcome Flights. Ticket's weren't cheap in premium economy (350 EUR IIRC) (and even 787 EUR in business) so AF must have done their math very well as all flights were sold out. It was a great experience and we enjoyed every single second: free drinks, food, a lot of comments during the flight, a certificate, goodie bag with a very big scale model, etc etc...

I was hoping the Avro Farewell flights would be similar, but it appears now this won't be the case :(

Best regards,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

If SN won't organise this kind of flight, wouldn't it be possible to do this ourselves? Or would that really be too expensive?
Just thinking out loud here...

spagiola

Post by spagiola »

In the case of Swiss, the enthusiast flight was organized by BuchAIR-Shop.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Treeper wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 13:09 If SN won't organise this kind of flight, wouldn't it be possible to do this ourselves? Or would that really be too expensive?
Just thinking out loud here...
You can always try to contact them to charter the plane but it has to be done in October (as they'll leave in November) and crew + plane must be available
Citybird
The flying dream