KLM AMS-CGK-AMS

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Flying_Dutchman

KLM AMS-CGK-AMS

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

My first trip report, enjoy it.
One of my 4 flights to Indonesia:

Airline: KLM
Flight: KL837
Route: AMS-SIN-CGK
A/C: Boeing 747-406M
Class: Econemy class
Flight Time: around the 15:30h

Airport:
Arrived at AMS, at 6:00pm. We moved with all the baggage to the KLM check in desk, where it very busy was. So after 30 minutes waiting, it was our turn to check in. A friendly lady asked our tickets and pasports, I putted my baggage at the belt, and yes, no overweight. I was happy, because I'd took many souenirs for my family in Indonesia. She gave us our boarding pass, and I've noticed, every time when I've checked in at Schiphol, every Check-in lady/men circles with her/his pen the seat number, Gate and boarding time. So, my seat was 42K, gate F04 and boarding time 7:45pm.
After the check-in we'd eated what with a familly-friend who brought us to the airport. Finally we were through the passport control and security, and we walked, with some stops by some shops to the gate. There we boarded our plane, what verry fast and simple was done.

Onboard
I went on board and we were greeted by a friendly-looks blond stewardess, who indicated our seats. I went to my seat, and first thing what I did, was examined my seat. It were light blue seats with a adjustable headrest and they were fine. I sat and waited until we departed. Finally, we departed 4 minutes to late, with a excuse from the captain and the purser! While we were taxiing to the runway, The safety-instructions were shown. After all we took off, bound for Singapore. In flight I watched the movie and some small programs. During the watching, we were served drinks, snacks and our meal. The meal was good (for airplane food). The rest of the flight went normal, with some turbelence, But I've slept. We got yet something to eat and some drinks.
Finally we landed at Singapore, where, I think 70% of the passengers left the plane. We waited there for, 1h, and than we took off, 10 min. to late, for Jakarta. It was rather empty. During the flight we were served drinks and something to eat. i watched the flight program, what was, according to the magazine, mix tv.

Jakarta
After some 15 hours, we landed safe and well at Jakarta. We left the plane and we walked into the beautifull-looking-building from outside. Inside it had a 70 years look and it was busy and many people by the passport control. The security and Passport control went verry slow.

Amsterdam Airport
Terminal concept: 9
Terminal interior: 10 (very clean)
Airport staff: 8,5
Security: 8
Walking distances: 8
Shopping Facilities: 10
Parking: 5 (too expensive)

KLM
Check-in staff: 9
Cabin crew: 9
Seating: 8 (not much room for your feets)
Cleanliness: 8
Catering: 8
On-time performance: 7,5
Inflight entertainment: Music: 8
video: 6
Magazine: 8,5

Jakarta
Terminal Concept: 8
Terminal interior: 7
Airport staff: 8
Security: 6 (very slow and serious)
Walking Distance: 8
Shopping Facilities: 7
Parking: -

I hope you've enjoy it. :)

Later I will put the return flight :) :)
Last edited by Flying_Dutchman on 09 Jan 2004, 16:37, edited 3 times in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's a nice report. I like your ratings :)
departed 4 minutes to late.....................and than we took off, 10 min. to late
That's quite good for such long flights ;)

Regards
Chris
8)

Flying_Dutchman

Thanks! :)
Quote:
departed 4 minutes to late.....................and than we took off, 10 min. to late
That's quite good for such long flights
That 4 minutes too late was, I think, because one passenger was offloaded from the flight, from what I've heard from the purser, when my father asked why we had a small delay. And the 10 minutes at Singapore, I don't know why. :)
Last edited by Flying_Dutchman on 01 Jan 2004, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

bae146be

good points for KLM!

Post by bae146be »

so more people have to try this beautiful blue bird!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report and rating concept.

I would say that 30 min waiting for check in is too long. There is still room for improvement there.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flying_Dutchman

sn26567 wrote:Thanks for excellent report and rating concept.
Thank you :D :D
I would say that 30 min waiting for check in is too long. There is still room for improvement there.
It was very bussy because it was summertime, and around that time there were 4 or 5 intercontinenal flights of KLM. But you've right, sometimes, especially when it is busy, you must wait long. :)

Flying_Dutchman

Here's my return flight report:

Airline: KLM
Flight: KL838
Route: CGK-SIN-AMS
A/C: Boeing 747-406M
Class: Econemy class
Flight Time: around the 15:30h with 1 stop.

Jakarta Soekarno Hatta International Airport
We arrived at the airport around 4:30pm, after a long journey from the other side of Jakarta. We stopped for Terminal 2 where the check-in desk was located for the return flight with KLM. We walked, into the from- outside-beautiful-looking building, to the check-in desks, where it rather empty was. Maybe because we were almost the first ones and maybe because the most of the passengers came on board in Singapore. We were checked in by a small men. We had also this time no overweight. We received our boardingpasses. My seat was 37B. The check-in spent us only 20 minutes (inclusive waiting), so we were able to go relax through the slowly security. After the passport and security control, we walked into the restricted area. There were also shops and a lot of restaurants. I ate and drank something and then we continued our walk to the gate. Finally arrived at the gate, I noticed something on the name of the plane. Yes...funny enough, the plane called ''Jakarta''. After a few minutes, we boarded the plane.

Onboard
We went on board and in the entrance of the plane, I was friendly greeted by the purser. I walked to my seat, where I changed with my mother, So I could sit on the window side. But onfortunaly it was a seat next to the wing. But outside was it already dark, so I couldn't see something, anyway. Finally, we departed. According to my watch, 6 minutes to earlier.
I watched the flight safety demonstrations, before we took off to Singapore. During this short flight, I listened to the music, because the mix tv, what was shown at the monitor, was boring. After 1,5 hours we landed in Singapore, where the most of the passengers came on board.
After an hour we left Singapore on time, to Amsterdam.
During the flight there were served drinks, snacks (I took a Kit Kat) and the meal. This meal was less tastfuller than the one on the way from Amsterdam. The rest of the flight I tried to sleep, and I did. I woke up, so 6 or 7 hours later. I was happy to see that! I did never slept so long in a plane. Further I tried the ''in-flight excersises''. Some of then were difficult to do, because you hadn't enough space. I watched to the t.v. and listened to some music, what was getting bored. Finally I decided to take a walk to the toilet. I opened the door from one of them, and a ***smell, was smashed into my face. I closed the door and took the other toilet, where it better was. I walked back to my seat and started to watch the pictures what I've made during my vacation there. Finally, we approached Amsterdam. I fastened my seatbelt and closed my table tray and watched how the wing began to swing. We landed on the ''Kaagbaan'', what has been said by the caiptain. During the taxiing, we've been told that we must remain seated untill the fasten-your-seatbelt sign had been turned off.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
We arived somewhere at the F-pier. We tried to get out of the plane before it was getting bussy. but we had no luck, because we were not the only one who just landed. After 1,5 hour we were out of the arrivalls hall, were we'd picked up by our friend.
After all it was a wonderfull journey! :) :)

For the ratings see first report.

I hope you've enjoyd it! :D :D
Last edited by Flying_Dutchman on 02 Jan 2004, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

One and a half hour to get out of Schiphol after landing? I had expected better from the Dutch efficiency!

Very nice second report, Flying_Dutchman.
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

Schiphol is ofcourse no Zaventem and is a "little" bigger.
Walking can take a long time especially with a lot people in front of you, only part that really slows down is the douane (emigration) they always take their time. By the time you are arriving at the lugage area your bag is already making it's rounds on the belt.
It never takes me longer then 30 minutes to get outside, average time is around 20 minutes.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Flying_Dutchman

One and a half hour to get out of Schiphol after landing?
Yes, and we were not the only one! The period when we arrived was during vacation time and around that time arrive a lot of flights from intercontinental destinations, so you can expect many people.
Very nice second report, Flying_Dutchman.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice report indeed :!:
Schiphol is ofcourse no Zaventem and is a "little" bigger.
You're right, but just a little ;)

Chris
8)

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Very nice report Flying_Dutchman! It must be cool to sit on an B747!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

What a wonderful report! More people should give that kind of reports!

Hope to read more of this!

Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Flying_Dutchman

It must be cool to sit on an B747!
It doesn't feel special or so, but it was nice. :)
Later I will put the other flight reports to Indonesia, with Garuda Indonesia and Singapore airlines.

Thanks... :)