04-05 Aug: long delay for Antalya-pax Corendon

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LX-LGX

04-05 Aug: long delay for Antalya-pax Corendon

Post by LX-LGX »

VRT (Flemish state radio) reports that tour operator Corendon / carrier Corendon Airlines have a long delay for an incoming AYT-BRU and an outgoing BRU-AYT (Corendon is probably Belgium's nr 1 touroperator for Turkey). Brusselsairport.be's tracking system mentions:

AYT-BRU
TTH647 - MD-80
scheduled arrival Sat 21h00
till Sun 09h25, the new arrival was announced for Sun 09h00. At 09h25 only, the new arrival time was amended into delayed till 13h30

BRU-AYT
TTH648 - MD-80
scheduled departure Sun 00h00
till Sun 09h25, the new departure was announced for Sun 09h15. At 09h25 only, the new departure time was amended into delayed till 14h00.

- - -

According to the VRT, pax (actually they had one pax on the phone) are mostly complaining about bad communication from Corendon. The passenger said they didn't get information from Corendon about what was happening, nor about the delayed departure time. Corendon says to the VRT pax are mostly unhappy because they saw their flight code has been changed from CAI into TTH.

Somebody was asking for MD-80's in BRU (think in the AZ-story). If I check airfleets.net, TTH / Tarhan Tower Airlines have just one MD-80 who's active: TC-TTA, first flight 25 years ago.

- - -

source: http://www.vrtnieuws.net/cm/vrtnieuws.n ... n/1.163370

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Must indeed be a horrible day for those people...god that such a long delays still can exist, an airline facing a serious technical problem (or other) should as soon as possible find a replacement plane within its own fleet or with another airline it has contacts with to operate those flights and bring the pax home/to destination, when they know quite sure delays will be very high.

This can spare many a miserable day(s) and it's also better for the appearance for the airline.

At least that's what I think...

btw: anything known about the reason of the huge delay? Technical faillure or other problems?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Bruspotter wrote:God that such a long delays still can exist, an airline facing a serious technical problem (or other) should as soon as possible find a replacement plane within its own fleet or with another airline it has contacts with to operate those flights and bring the pax home/to destination, when they know quite sure delays will be very high.
Have a good look at the calendar. This is probably the most busy weekend for holiday air traffic Europeanwide. Not easy to find a replacement aircraft. Apparently they did try to find one, but the back-up aircraft never showed up in AYT...
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Cartman wrote:
Have a good look at the calendar. This is probably the most busy weekend for holiday air traffic Europeanwide. Not easy to find a replacement aircraft. Apparently they did try to find one, but the back-up aircraft never showed up in AYT...
Seems indeed that a Türkisch "yes" means "perhaps". It's even impossible to see now if the flight is cancelled, delayed or replaced by another Tarhan Tower Airlines flight. The "original" TTH647 is now announced on brusselsairport.be as cancelled, and there's another inbound flight announced for ETA 19h30: TTH1215, also MD-80.

There is also an outgoing TTH1216 at 20h30 (MD-80).

(can somebody confirm TTH indeed has only one MD-80 ?)

- - -

Think we'll only find out from the pax who phone VTM or who phone VRT/RTBf or who send a sms to VTM, Het Laatste Nieuws, RTL, ...

jan_olieslagers

Re: 04-05 Aug: long delay for Antalya-pax Corendon

Post by jan_olieslagers »

LX-LGX wrote:VRT (Flemish state radio)
Completely off-topic of course yet I can't resist to remind you not everybody will be pleased with this qualification... mind you we ought not to discuss politics on this forum ...

jan_olieslagers

Bruspotter wrote:an airline facing a serious technical problem (or other) should as soon as possible find a replacement plane
They have every reason, never a doubt!

LX-LGX

Re: 04-05 Aug: long delay for Antalya-pax Corendon

Post by LX-LGX »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
LX-LGX wrote:VRT (Flemish state radio)
Completely off-topic of course yet I can't resist to remind you not everybody will be pleased with this qualification... mind you we ought not to discuss politics on this forum ...
Sorry Jan, but I've said "Flemish speaking radio", to make clear the report came from a reliable source. And I've said "Flemish" because there is are also a French speaking and a German speaking division (RTBf und BRF).

I've said "state radio", because for people abroad, "VRT" isn't that obvious. But it's a fact that the VRT / RTBf / BRF is the only 100% state owned / government controlled radio and television broadcast center in our beloved Belgium.

Don't forget we recently had a topic here, in which a certain Belgian private colourfull radio station was mentionned as source for a story about a very very bad top airline manager from a well known airline. But then, it came out it was fake. Although, the replies during the short period the topic was online were great...

By mentionning Flemish state radio, I wanted to give the source for this article credibility. Could be the combination of the 3 looks what strange - sorry then.

jan_olieslagers

Very fair, LGX, and I'm not throwing any stones at you. The matter is delicate and most of all off-topic so I'll leave it at that.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

cartman:
Yes indeed, in this period it's more or less 'understandable' but it happens many other times when people get dropped at an airport (often abroad) and are stranded for hours or even day(s).

What Jetair(fly) does is using a replacement plane, wich usaully does only arrives a day later, BUT it's better than nothing. And I think it must be possible to find a back-up plane the same day sometimes.

Best regards: Yan
nick ;)

jan_olieslagers

Bruspotter wrote:And I think it must be possible to find a back-up plane the same day sometimes.

Best regards: Yan
nick ;)
So if I read you correctly, Yan
nick, you consider yourself able to do better than the present/current operations officers? If you manage to prove your ground, many charter operators and perhaps even some airlines will be glad to offer you a career! Go for it! And please keep us posted! Wishing you every luck,

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

Bruspotter wrote: What Jetair(fly) does is using a replacement plane, wich usaully does only arrives a day later, BUT it's better than nothing.

Please say that again when OO-TUC will have a technical problem. :P

hakan

Post by hakan »

Back in 3.August TAY859 Brussels-Malaga flight faced similar problems but not to this extend, if I am not wrong.
It will be horrible for the passengers stranded at the airport and not knowing when they are exactly leaving. Especially in the middle of the high season. :(