2 x Brussels-Bucharest

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
liebensd

2 x Brussels-Bucharest

Post by liebensd »

For the company, which I work for, I needed to travel two time to Romania.
The First flight was RO372 on the 28th of November. After check inn and paying for some overweight I went trough security to the B pier. Security check went very fast.
At the gate YR-BRR B737-700 waiting for its return flight. The occupation in economy class was 100 or almost 100 %.
We took at 25R of after a MD9 of Iberia.
A lunch was offered, some meat with mashed potatoes and salad. The dessert was a peace of chocolate cake. Landing at Bucharest OTP went smooth and the pilot used the entire runway. While taxiing to the gate the Romanian B707 was visible and they were preparing the aircraft for a new flight. Also visible were some Bac11’s and Tarom’s A310’s.
At the gate were an Alitalia DC9, KLM 737 and a Swiss A319. I was surprised that the aircraft didn’t went to the gat but to a remote stand, a little bit strange I thought for a non low-cost home carrier. While deplaning a TNT BAe 146 was also visible on the apron.

At the 12 of December I flew back to Brussels with the new A318 from Tarom YR-ASB. It was the morning flight RO371. I was surprised to see the brand new A318 at the gate. Un fortunately it was dark and not allowed to take photographs inside the terminal of Bucharest Otapeni Airport. At the arrival in Brussels I was also not able to take photographs. We boarded trough the air stares this time. There was al lot of fog at the airport, but we departed on time ther was an occupation of 80% in economy class. The aircraft has a 14 bussines and 99 economy seats as I can remind. The interiour was normal for A320 family aircraft. The A318 passing the CarpatenThe Breakfast was served: Lunch of scrambled eggs with sausage and spinag, a croissant and sandwich and yoghurt. The taste of the food was not bad. On arrival to Brussels the weather was great and you could see the different cities very well, I was very surprised to have a great view of Tongeren.
After a short time in Belgium I flew back to Romania on Fryday the 15th of December. This time was it Boeing 737-300 YR-BGE. Occupation was almost 90%. Also this time a lunch was offered: Chicken with some pasta, some paprika salad and a peace of cake. The landing and deboarding were the same a the first flight.
On the 22th of November I took my last Tarom RO373 flight back home on B737-800 YR-BGI. The occupation in economy was 100%, there were a lot of members on board of the Wallon Orchestra. They made a live performance on the Romanian television. We departed almost 25 minutes late. While taxing some passengers were still not seated. We were already on the runway when the crew was seated. The dinner was served: Chicken with rice and vegetables, sandwich with butter and a cake. Flight went well. At the passport control at Brussels airport a lot of people were waiting, it took some time to get trough. The baggage claim was a little bit problematic, my luggage was verry fast on the conveyor but for the luggage of my college we needed to wait a log time. Possibly it was due to the situation, there was an RAM flight on the same conveyor and most of all the Hewa Bora flight. A lot of boxes showed up most of them with a smell. Some even went open, the conveyor was at some places green of the spinag of something.

The general impression on the Tarom flights was good. I can recommend them on the Brussels Bucharest route. My next flight will possibly be to Shanghai in January.

Greetz,

Dave
Last edited by liebensd on 31 Dec 2006, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for your nice illustrated report, Dave.

What type was your last return aircraft?

Hope to read your Shanghai report soon :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

eurofighter

Smoke

Post by eurofighter »

Thank you Dave for your report. I have travelled to OTP several times this year and I have a question. Me, as a non-smoker, I can smell and recognise cigarette smoke instantly. I had the idea that after a while in the air the TAROM pilots started smoking on a number of the flights as the airconditioning started spreading cigarette smoke fumes. Or could it be that this smell is still present in the airconditioning system from before the moment that smoking was banned on planes?

I agree TAROM is a very pleasant and reliable airline, except for the fact that I had smoke smell on a few of the flight to/from OTP.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

eurofighter wrote:Thank you Dave for your report. I have travelled to OTP several times this year and I have a question. Me, as a non-smoker, I can smell and recognise cigarette smoke instantly. I had the idea that after a while in the air the TAROM pilots started smoking on a number of the flights as the airconditioning started spreading cigarette smoke fumes. Or could it be that this smell is still present in the airconditioning system from before the moment that smoking was banned on planes?

I agree TAROM is a very pleasant and reliable airline, except for the fact that I had smoke smell on a few of the flight to/from OTP.
I didn't smell any smoke on the Tarom flights, is it maybe possible that on Tarom domestic flights or so smoking is allowed.

André, my last flight was on a B737-700

Greetz,

Dave