When VEX in Brussels Airlines colours?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

babolat-blast

When VEX in Brussels Airlines colours?

Post by babolat-blast »

Does someone know when the first Virgin Express 737 will be painted in Brussels Airlines colours? I'm curious to see how this one will look like...

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I've been told that during coming winter, the 737's will be painted white. The real livery will appear somewhere around march, when Brussels Airlines will offcially start to operate.

I hope they start this operation soon enough that all aircraft will heve the new livery at the first 'official' day of Brussels Airlines.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

do you really think they will paint them two times in just a few weeks? Does not sound very cost sensitive ...
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

BelgianBoy

Virgin BN livery

Post by BelgianBoy »

Bearing in mind, that the new Brussels Airlines colour scheme is mainly white, they can spray them in two phases

Duke

Re: Virgin BN livery

Post by Duke »

BelgianBoy wrote:Bearing in mind, that the new Brussels Airlines colour scheme is mainly white, they can spray them in two phases
The white in the new colorscheme is not so predominant (only the upper half of the fuselage).
This is a pity, as the aircraft would have looked much more attractive with a completely blue-grey upper fuselage.
Just my opinion, though...

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

The first VEX B737-400 in the new colours will arrive this saturday in BRU.
A/c is OO-VEK and is at this moment being painted in Bournemouth.

Avro

Post by Avro »

B-tail wrote:The first VEX B737-400 in the new colours will arrive this saturday in BRU.
Thanks for the info B-Tail. Do you know why they don't paint it in the QAPS hangar as the other planes ?

Chris

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

Because Virgin Ops is at this time still working seperatly from SN Ops (will change in 2007) and Bournemouth was in the past one of the places where VEX airplanes used to be painted...

Avro

Post by Avro »

B-tail wrote:Because Virgin Ops is at this time still working seperatly from SN Ops (will change in 2007) and Bournemouth was in the past one of the places where VEX airplanes used to be painted...
OK thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated!! By the way welcome to the forums :)

Chris

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Very curious to see how it looks like ... :D

Danny

glabbi

Post by glabbi »

Hello spotters,

Would be nice if somebody has an arrival hour.
It seems that saturday is a nice day to spot in Bru because the B707 is also leaving.
Hope the weather will be a bit bettar than today :lol:

Avro

Post by Avro »

DannyVDB wrote:Very curious to see how it looks like ... :D

Danny
Similar to this one ;) http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairl ... d=00000402

Established02

Post by Established02 »

B-tail wrote:The first VEX B737-400 in the new colours will arrive this saturday in BRU.
Sorry, I haven't read all the recent comments on Brussels Airlines.
Will the new call sign now be "B-tail" instead of "S-tail"?

Thanks.

Konus

Post by Konus »

When has OO-VEK left Brussels for being repainted ?

Cash

Post by Cash »

Established02 wrote:

Thanks.
I think thats still unknown at the moment?

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

OO-VEK left for painting last saturday and will return to BRU this saturday.
Arrival is estimated around noon time if there are no delays. a/c is first doing a test flight in Bournemouth...

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

Cash wrote:
Established02 wrote:

Thanks.
I think thats still unknown at the moment?
This is indeed not decided yet. For the time being call sign still remain S-tail.

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

Second VEX a/c (OO-VEN) is also leaving this saturday for repainting in Bournemouth.... :D

BrightCedars

Looks like the red skirts aren't gonna last much longer

Post by BrightCedars »

Thanks for the details B-tail.

By the looks of it, it seems that there is a will behind in sending the red birds to the paint shop. One during this week, one during next week...

Do you know if there's a plan to send them all to the paintshop every week until the entire fleet (10?) is done. Including the latest painted ones (I believe OO-VEX was painted recently after fitting the winglets)?

This could mean that in about 2 months, the whole red birds will have been repainted. I'm feeling they have started a marathon to have the brand (at least similarity) on the whole fleet by March 25, 2007.

I think I read people are not finding the B737-400s in the future timetable, any info on that?

B-tail

Post by B-tail »

When OO-VEN returns from painting next week, it will be OO-VEG's turn to be painted. At the moment it looks like that every week there is a VEX a/c in the paint hangar. Little detail : OO-VEG is also VEX second a/c that is being fitted with winglets (a/c in D-check at this time where the winglets will be installed).
Regarding your question of B737-400 in the future timetables : I'm not quite sure what you just mean with that question, but the 737's are not disappearing in the near future....