Air Belgium in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 11:49 breaking !
Fuel stop in LGG ! :lol:
And I also don't understand where that LGG-CRL leg is coming from. You have to be stupid to do such thing
mea maxima culpa ;)
the best jokes are the one people believe :-)
I'm still laughing my ass off :lol:
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:01
Airbus330lover wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:56
lucas wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:53 I do understand their choice for CRL. People here on this forum forget that CRL announced to build a railway station directly under the airport. Moving to Brussels will be much easier than from LGG.
And I also don't understand where that LGG-CRL leg is coming from. You have to be stupid to do such thing.
I understand it too. No interline with other airlines, but a lot of connections possible....
For the railway, see other topic, it will be in Fleurus not under the airport
There will be no train station under CRL, the train station will be the one of Fleurus with a direct connection to CRL
Indeed: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/bruss ... the-train/

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Acid-drop wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:15
Acid-drop wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 11:49 breaking !
Fuel stop in LGG ! :lol:
And I also don't understand where that LGG-CRL leg is coming from. You have to be stupid to do such thing
mea maxima culpa ;)
the best jokes are the one people believe :-)
I'm still laughing my ass off :lol:
You should be banned from this site for the full minute! :mrgreen:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I still don't understand why they don't do a stop in another city wich is not in the same catchment area than CRL. They could than go without restriction to Hong Kong. What about Geneva there is still no flight from Geneva to Hong Kong.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:01 There will be no train station under CRL, the train station will be the one of Fleurus with a direct connection to CRL
Connection with TEC Hainaut ??? :roll:

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

I give them max 12 months before they go bankrupt.

lucas

Post by lucas »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:36 I still don't understand why they don't do a stop in another city wich is not in the same catchment area than CRL. They could than go without restriction to Hong Kong. What about Geneva there is still no flight from Geneva to Hong Kong.
They will maybe be able to fill their planes with pax. But the most of them will be pax that are flying HKG-GVA or GVA-CRL, and not people that have booked HKG-CRL. The flight of Cathay will be shorter, and +/- at the same price, as CX doesn't have to buy slots and refueling,... in GVA. But otherwise, a good idea. The will get their planes filled.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

nordikcam wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:50
crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:01 There will be no train station under CRL, the train station will be the one of Fleurus with a direct connection to CRL
Connection with TEC Hainaut ??? :roll:
Yes I guess so
ttubbie wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:56 I give them max 12 months before they go bankrupt.
This is what was being said about brussels airlines at the beginning, look where they are now.

Auka

Post by Auka »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:01
Airbus330lover wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:56
lucas wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:53 I do understand their choice for CRL. People here on this forum forget that CRL announced to build a railway station directly under the airport. Moving to Brussels will be much easier than from LGG.
And I also don't understand where that LGG-CRL leg is coming from. You have to be stupid to do such thing.
I understand it too. No interline with other airlines, but a lot of connections possible....
For the railway, see other topic, it will be in Fleurus not under the airport
There will be no train station under CRL, the train station will be the one of Fleurus with a direct connection to CRL
The solution was the project from Luttre to CRL but again a politic story...

but it'll be not only from Fleurus
Also a direct Bus from Luttre to CRL
I think it's easier to take the Bus in Luttre than in Fleurus. Actually, there are a direct IC train from Brussels to Luttre, not to Fleurus

There are also a Brussels airport express from Luttre to BRU ;)

http://pont-a-celles.blogs.sudinfo.be/a ... 44388.html

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

ttubbie wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 17:56 I give them max 12 months before they go bankrupt.
You're optimistic :mrgreen: , I still don't see them start, especially after the stunt they pulled of yesterday to put the Belgian CAA under pressure, knowing how things work it can backfire.

IMHO the stupidest thing they could do.

But we'll see, if they lift of they'll probably keep flying until the Chinese owners had enough money burned and then it will be shut down. Remember, a wise man once said, the quickest way to become a millionaire in aviation is to start an airline as a billionaire :mrgreen:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Flights from LGG are a success, filled 100pc with chineese people.
It could work just the same here
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Auka wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 19:17 The solution was the project from Luttre to CRL but again a politic story...

but it'll be not only from Fleurus
Also a direct Bus from Luttre to CRL
I think it's easier to take the Bus in Luttre than in Fleurus. Actually, there are a direct IC train from Brussels to Luttre, not to Fleurus

There are also a Brussels airport express from Luttre to BRU ;)

http://pont-a-celles.blogs.sudinfo.be/a ... 44388.html
There will actually be a bus between Fleurus and Luttre passing by CRL so indeed both train station will be linked with CRL. However Fleurus is to become the official train station of CRL.

There are for the moment 41 train connection between Fleurus and Brussels, one per hour, a bit more during the pick hours. They are planning to increase the train offer with a train every 30 minutes with earlier arrival and later departure to meet the time table of the flights.
https://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/hainau ... id=9739584

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Fleurus is to become the official train station of CRL.
What does "official" mean in this context? What difference will it make to travellers?
a bit more during the pick hours
Hm. Meaning "peak hours", perhaps? :)

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Acid-drop wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 19:37 Flights from LGG are a success, filled 100pc with chineese people.
Success ? So why did they stop ?
It could have been if they managed to find a reliable airline !

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 20:24
What does "official" mean in this context? What difference will it make to travellers?
It looks like all the investment will be done in Fleurus, more train, new shops, etc. So far, for Luttre, a part from the bus there will be nothing. Someone have more info?

Maybe they could give those name to the train stations:

Fleurus: Brussels South Airport Charleroi Station
Luttre: Luttre Brussels South Charleroi Station West :roll:

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

:) !!!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

SR20 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 20:30
Acid-drop wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 19:37 Flights from LGG are a success, filled 100pc with chineese people.
Success ? So why did they stop ?
It could have been if they managed to find a reliable airline !
VIM Airlines flights operating for U-Tour were seasonal, but indeed they ended after mismanagement.

https://www.aviation24.be/category/airli ... -airlines/

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 20:44
Maybe they could give those name to the train stations:

Fleurus: Brussels South Airport Charleroi Station
Luttre: Luttre Brussels South Charleroi Station West :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

crew1990 wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 15:23
Didymus wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 15:09
Not Real wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 14:19Where Flanders wins in aviation? The 2 biggest airport in a whole country are french speaking meanwhile french speaking people is only 35% - 40% of the population in Belgium!
BRU is on Flemish territory where the official language is Dutch only. The use of other languages in for instance signs at the airport is an exception on the language legislation. The majority of the BRU staff speaking French doesn't make it a French speaking airport...
BRU is a case very special as this is the national airport of Belgium, I'm not really convince that the worker are more french speaking or Dutch speaking, it's really depending where you go in the airport, most of the people working in duty-free shop are more dutch speaking. The one of helixir, certain other shop and restaurant, the hairdresser are french speaking. Tuifly is more Dutch speaking, At Brussels Airlines it's more Dutch speaking for the cabin crew and check in community, but it's half and half in te office. I actually think there is job for everyone.
Half/half in the office ?!? Let me laugh. The HR payroll at SN is clearly 80% Flemish - 20% french speaking. Taking the whole community into account. I don't want to start any polemic here, but truth needs to be said and honestly said. Zaventem is clearly a Flemish airport where French speaking staff is tolerated. And don't tell me it's about bilingualism. There is a real let-down amongst youngest flemish staff as far as french and english skills are concerned.

In fact people like Gustin and Feist are just firewalls to make things prettier for the Brussels and Walloon media.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Niky Terzakis was interviewed on BelRTL radio this morning.

Q : In the airline industry there are licenses to get, you already have them?
NT : The license is in the making, is being completed.
Contrary to what has been said in the press, it did not last two years. The actual, real, definitive work began in November.
It is purely technical work, one is compliant or not.

Q : So you will have these licenses?
NT : Oh of course, without that we do not fly.

So whether this "only started in November" is the full truth or a not, he is smartly avoiding any pressure of the CAA in public.

He also confirmed staring with HGK followed by six (6) other destinations in continental China with future plans in US and Latin America but that will be disclosed later.

H.A.