VLM Airlines news 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

carllegein

Re: VLM Airlines news 2016

Post by carllegein »

Vizion Air / Aviation Factory will now also be able to sell the trade fair flights via the VLM site and via all major GDS! That is why you wee these destinations appear, only for specific dates.
Have a good day
Carl Legein

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

Are there any news about the two Sukhois? Shouldn't they get it in autumn this year?

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

I will answer my question by myself :p VLM Airlines scrapped the Superjet order, see link below:

http://atwonline.com/airframes/vlm-airl ... rjet-order

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Xavi wrote:I will answer my question by myself :p VLM Airlines scrapped the Superjet order, see link below:

http://atwonline.com/airframes/vlm-airl ... rjet-order
Superb news, thanks for sharing!

To paraphrase another luchtzak-member: my confidence in VLM's future is re-established.

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

There are not that many replacement possibilits for the Fokker 50? At the moment I just can imagine the ATR 42 and the Dash 8Q-300 or are there any other turboprops with about 50 seats?
Jetstream would lease both, ATR and Bombardier.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

With VLM's loads what they are, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually took this opportunity to add some smaller planes. A 32-seater (or thereabouts) might give them some more flexibility on the thinner routes, with even Waterford-Luton now often having a load factor of 45 to 50 procent. If they keep targeting under- or unserved regional airports, that might be the perfect size plane to start up new routes, with the possibility to add either more flights or increase capacity if the route turns out to do well.

That being said, It's not obvious from the Jetstream website what types they actually have on offer. Just judging by the logos on the site, they might as well go for the Q200 or the Saab 340.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Nothing but bad news after bad news coming from VLM since the "management buy out"... This cancellation is just the prelude to the bankruptcy.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Boavida wrote:Nothing but bad news after bad news coming from VLM since the "management buy out"... This cancellation is just the prelude to the bankruptcy.
I'm not saying they're doing great - not at all - but cancelling this deal doesn't automatically bring them any closer to bankruptcy. Quite the contrary: easy does it for now and there's no reason to be overly ambitious.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

To cancel the Sukhoi order is extremely good news. A small carrier without a network shouldn’t take the risk to become the launch carrier for a new aircraft from a new manufacturer (new in Western Europe, that is). Too much can go wrong. Sure, there will be someone from Sukhoi in Antwerp and/or Brussels, and perhaps also at a busy VLM destination airport. But what if a flight has to divert? How long will it take before there is a mechanic there, allowed to work on a SSJ? How long will it take before the spare parts arrive there? And meanwhile, VLM has to pay hotel costs for all stranded passengers on that flight and on fortcoming flights.

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

Before operating new airplanes with more seats they should improve their load factors on all routes (especially in ANR and RTM). Can't imagine that it makes sense to operate with big planes like Sukhoi on the current routes.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

It depends what the deal was on these SSJ's.
In fact, VG has the structure to do wetleases. Operating them themselves was a bit of a suicide move but they could have tried placing them as wetleases with SN (or other major carriers), as a test for all parties: VG gets to test a partnership with SN, SN gets to test the SSJ, Sukhoi increases its penetration potential.
Cityjet is doing exactly this with wetleases planned for AF.

It doesn't harm to be pioneers in the market, especially considering the ultra-cheap Rubble, a program that needs a serious boost, and perhaps also the political ramification that they can bring. In fact, Belgium can put pressure on Russia about both Syria and Ukraine in exchange for a significant aircraft order.

AZ has been flirting with Sukhoi for a very long time. However in 2010, when the SSJ didn't yet have a solid reputation nor a EASA certificate, they had chosen to cancel an order for 20 and get E175/E190 to replace their CR9's. I think that AZ is getting growingly anxious to replace the Ejets now that they are confronted with its economic realities and the SSJ looks very attractive. I see them placing an order very soon.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Xavi wrote:There are not that many replacement possibilits for the Fokker 50? At the moment I just can imagine the ATR 42 and the Dash 8Q-300 or are there any other turboprops with about 50 seats?
Antonov AN-140 (52seats)

Xian MA-60

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Xavi wrote:
There are not that many replacement possibilits for the Fokker 50? At the moment I just can imagine the ATR 42 and the Dash 8Q-300 or are there any other turboprops with about 50 seats?

Antonov AN-140 (52seats)

Xian MA-60
Don't forget the Fokker-50NEO .... 8-)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

No Fokker F50 Neo !
We like to say Rekkof F50 Neo :)

An ATP ? Still 4 in service LOL ...

Guess before they order new material the curator sold the remaining ones...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

VLM will start operating for Flybe again this year
http://flybe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/963

They might actually make money this year... FDH looking good so far and some wetleases.... what a different picture with 6 months ago

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Thats big news ! Guess they kicked out Stobart Air, thats my first idea....
Great news, next SN flights?
Flying for their own they can't, they found hopefully what they can :)
Guess an aircraft renewal can be on the shelf then,... ATR42 ?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Don't think they kicked out Stobart Air. VLM looks to be operating mainly the MAN to RTM schedule.

BTW huge pilot shortage at Flybe, so guess that is the main reason for this wetlease.

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

In this case the 11 F50 are operated/ based as follows (summer):
- 2 operated for Vizion Air
- 1 operated for CityJet (only route ANR - LCY; RTM - LCY will be stopped end of March)
- 1 operated for flyBe from 14/03 till 31/08 on MAN - RTM (11x weekly) and MAN - NTE (5x weekly)
- 1 based in WAT (15 flights per week: routes to LTN and BHX)
- 1 based in RTM (10 flights per week: route to HAM)
- 2 based in ANR (13 flights per week: routes to HAM and SOU)
- 3 based in FDH (32 flights per week: routes to TXL, DUS and HAM)

I guess one F50 of FDH will additionally operated the weekly summer charter flights Altenrhein - Pula, the sunday flight for Peoples Viennaline Altenrhein - Vienna and the weekly charter flights Friedrichshafen - Heviz)

Is something missing (except the further charter flights from DUS, SXF and HAM to Heviz)?

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

VLM offers a new price category with "VLM Corporate". Probably for special corporate customers.

Konus

Post by Konus »

Xavi wrote:In this case the 11 F50 are operated/ based as follows (summer):
- 2 operated for Vizion Air
- 1 operated for CityJet (only route ANR - LCY; RTM - LCY will be stopped end of March)
- 1 operated for flyBe from 14/03 till 31/08 on MAN - RTM (11x weekly) and MAN - NTE (5x weekly)
- 1 based in WAT (15 flights per week: routes to LTN and BHX)
- 1 based in RTM (10 flights per week: route to HAM)
- 2 based in ANR (13 flights per week: routes to HAM and SOU)
- 3 based in FDH (32 flights per week: routes to TXL, DUS and HAM)

I guess one F50 of FDH will additionally operated the weekly summer charter flights Altenrhein - Pula, the sunday flight for Peoples Viennaline Altenrhein - Vienna and the weekly charter flights Friedrichshafen - Heviz)

Is something missing (except the further charter flights from DUS, SXF and HAM to Heviz)?
Not a single spare aircraft in case of technical failure ?

Or can OO-VLO be used again (in storage since Oct 2015 in ANR) ?
Last edited by sn26567 on 15 Mar 2016, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Re-enable BBCode