Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2013

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sultanils

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2013

Post by sultanils »

GVA is quite notorious for delays, most of all in wintertime. Not only because of the single runway operation but also because of weather conditions (mist and snow).

kimdaenen

Post by kimdaenen »

sean1982 wrote:Does anyone know why the SN2720 GVA-BRU is cancelled? It doesn't even show on brussels airport or brussels airline website?? And to top it all off, there is no one representing Bru.Air at GVA for rebooking?
Dear Sean,

We are very sorry about the cancellation of your flight.
The cancellation was indeed a repercussion of the incident with the aircraft that was hit by a catering truck in MAD, affecting our flight schedule yesterday. The decision to cancel the Geneva flight and rebook our passengers to the later Geneva flight was unfortunately a necessary consequence. We have spare aircraft for such situations, but this was not the case yesterday.

We can assure you that an airline does not cancel flights voluntarily, for example because of low load, since a cancellation brings a lot of costs as well.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards,
Kim
Kim Daenen
Social Media Manager
Brussels Airlines
Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

On the 21st of March most of the morning flights (ex-FRA, ex-MUC) will be cancelled due to the strike of LH-members.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

convair

Post by convair »

SN 371 to Douala-Yaoundé was cancelled today; there seems to have been several AFI flights cancelled these last few days; technical problems?
And, btw, does anyone know when the well-needed latest acquisition A332 will join the SN fleet?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

convair wrote:SN 371 to Douala-Yaoundé was cancelled today; there seems to have been several AFI flights cancelled these last few days; technical problems?
And, btw, does anyone know when the well-needed latest acquisition A332 will join the SN fleet?
OO-SFY had a bird strike , flight will be postponed with 24 hours.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

OO-TUC departed 07R, made some circles above Limburg at low altitude and flew to the sea at the same low altitude (about 10000 feet)... It is now circling around OST at 5000 feet to dump fuel I guess. What's happening?

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

OO-TUC landed 07L around midnight. New ETD of the flight 01:45LT.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Squawk 7700 - PGT802 - Brussels (Belgium)-Istanbul (Turkey) (Emergency - Technical/Medical) - Boeing 737-82R - Pegasus Airlines - TC-AAZ

See http://www.radarbox24.com/PGT802
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

SN flights to JFK and Kigali-Nairobi are cancelled today. Technical again?!

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Sunday 7th of April the noon flight of BMI performing MAN-ANR-MAN experienced problems.
Plane is a EMB-RJ135 G-RJXK.
On approach of it's afternoon flight into Antwerp it made a go-around on RWY 11 initially, followed by a couple of circles above the airport at low alltitude, followed by a holding pattern for a while.
Later it declared a 'pan-pan-pan' with indication of a possible brake system failure.
airport fire services where on the standby near the runway and aircraft landed with about a 30 minutes of delay on RWY 11 without difficulties.

Brakes seemed to be allright as it landed it seemingly applied full brakes because it was brought to a complete stop about halfway the runway (and that without thrust reversers). Do suspect they hammered on the brakes a bit hard because after arrival on the stand the fire department was requested to be standby and perform a brake inspection, later it was determined that apparantly the brakes where damaged or worn beyond limits as they requested tech assistance, without succes on a sunday afternoon.

Passengers outbound Antwerp where put on the bus to Brussels airport where they would take another flight to Manchester (don't know if it was an extra flight into Brussels or just the regular scheduled one).
Aircraft is now on stand 112 at Antwerp airport apron awaiting technicians who will probably arrive monday so I expect the plane will be there for still quite some time tomorrow. My guess is it will only leave somewhere in the (early) afternoon.

Greets, Yannick

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Remarkable view today: SQ7979 to BRU (ATA12h43) was flying downwind heading for Heist-op-den-Berg “in formation” with a 738/320. There was a clear vertical separation (the 738/320 on top, the 744 below), but (seemingly) a much smaller horizontal separation and both aircraft were flying at the same speed.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I may remember this incorrectly, but I seem to recall they can be literally on top of each other laterally, as long as there is 1000 ft. separation?
Thomas

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

BEL231 (OO-SFO) from ABJ to BRU squawked 7700, and made a precautionary or emergency landing in TLS. Somebody with more details?

EDIT: Seems to be medical (so a precautionary landing), she's back on her way.
Thomas

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Given the low FL at which it is returning to BRU, I suspect a pressurization problem rather than a medical emergency.
Tot hier en verder

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I did not follow long enough to see the climb, but watching the replay on FR24, I'd say you're probably right.
Thomas

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

was a pressurization problem ...
Citybird
The flying dream

Atco EBBR

Post by Atco EBBR »

KriVa wrote:I may remember this incorrectly, but I seem to recall they can be literally on top of each other laterally, as long as there is 1000 ft. separation?
Correct, although it's not convenient to have them on top of each other...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

KriVa wrote:I may remember this incorrectly, but I seem to recall they can be literally on top of each other laterally, as long as there is 1000 ft. separation?
As ATCO EBBR said, 1000ft is enough and most probably the 747 got 25R and the other traffic 25L so lateral separation is less important.
Tot hier en verder

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Today (april 20th) around noon I was driving near Kampenhout-Sas and was surprised to see a small plane, a C172 I think, circling at rather low altitude. It cannot have been higher than 1000', though it is hard to estimate from the ground. But this place is well inside Brussels CTR, and I thought it unlikely such flights (apparently "looking at aunt Juliet's house from above") are not lightly authorised in Brussels CTR - and understandably, too, especially as I seemed to observe take-offs from 07 and/or 02.
Was there a special reason this sight-seeing was allowed? Is there in fact a procedure for requesting such permission before the flight?

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

It might have been the Police. they have a small cessna, blue and white I think.