Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Re: Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Post by Atlantis »

Two permissions are filled for the new Brucargo West zone. One is about the next stage: the construction of the two distribution buildings with direct appron entrance (building 4 and 5 in the plans) + parking space.

The second permission is about the Ringway from/to Brucargo to/from the airport. This will be moved away in favor the new cargo appron.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Atlantis wrote:Cargo B will go start again cargo flights to Africa as from 17 May. They will use their 2nd brand new B744F OO-CBD to Johannesburg, N'Djemena, Kinshasa and Nairobi.
Update:

Nairobi: 3x/week
Libreville: 3x/week

Johannesburg: 2x/week

Kinshasa: 1x/week
N'Djemena: 1x/week

Their brand new B744F will arrive at Brussels Airport on 12 May.

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

Hello,

Last night i heard that Saudi Arabian Cargo is to end the contract with Aviapartner,
this could result in a big job los and close 50% of avias operations at Bru ....

no idea if this is true .... only a rumour .. i hope this isnt true ...

mavke

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Mavke, would that mean SV are leaving BRU? Or would they only appoint another handler? In the last case, people laid off here would easily find a job there - though not for the same pay, likely. But the first case would be far worse news.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

There is no drop in demand, following this article in the Arabian Supply Chain: http://arabiansupplychain.com/article-2 ... _division/ But this doesn't mean they won't shift the hubs ...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Mavke wrote:Hello,

Last night i heard that Saudi Arabian Cargo is to end the contract with Aviapartner,
this could result in a big job los and close 50% of avias operations at Bru ....

no idea if this is true .... only a rumour .. i hope this isnt true ...

mavke
Hey Mavke,

I know that above is a rumour but two things are important: is the current contract at the end? In that case SV is able to negociate a new contract. Or is SV going to end the contract on their own? In that case they have to pay Aviapartner.
jan_olieslagers wrote:Mavke, would that mean SV are leaving BRU? Or would they only appoint another handler? In the last case, people laid off here would easily find a job there - though not for the same pay, likely. But the first case would be far worse news.

SV has his European hub at Brussels Airport. Daily trucking from all major European cities to/from Brussels Airport.
SV is flying cargo flights to the Middle East and the USA and one African destination via Brussels Airport. Recently they added one extra destination to their network.
They upgraded year after year their presence at Brussels Airport and is using more bigger metal (B744F).
SV is the biggest client of Brucargo.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

If I believe wikipedia, they are in BRU since the 80's, It would be strange to move now, wouldn't it ?
Are they using Pax flight for their cargo ? The important slowdown would then affect them a lot ?

Or it's only a way to negociate a better contract at the worst time of the crisis (ryanair like ...)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Acid-drop wrote:Are they using Pax flight for their cargo ? The important slowdown would then affect them a lot ?
They are using their full freighter fleet (MD11F and B747F) to Brussels Airport/Brucargo. There are at this moment no SV pax flights to Bru airp.

LJ

Post by LJ »

sdbelgium wrote:There is no drop in demand, following this article in the Arabian Supply Chain: http://arabiansupplychain.com/article-2 ... _division/ But this doesn't mean they won't shift the hubs ...
No drop in demand??? And why does the BRU website show two cancelled SV flights????

BTW has SQC shifted its focus for cargo ops from BRU to AMS? I see many SQC flights cancelled on the BRU website whereas the AMS website show 3 SQC flights for tomorrow. Furthermore the routing of the cancelled SQC 7967 is almost identical to SQC 7360 which is going to AMS.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

If this rumor about SV is true, I can only say the management is to blame.

Lately the service towards AP customers is spiraling down due to lack of planned worckforce and lack of maintenance on service material.

That's the biggest thread to AP wright now. If customers get fed up with it and leave AP then the end is near.

Let's hope the management comes to senses before it's too late.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

LJ wrote:No drop in demand??? And why does the BRU website show two cancelled SV flights????
Two flights on one specific day do not represent an entire trend. The article clearly states "Our strategy includes expanding our network regionally and globally" and "We are confident that Saudi Airlines Cargo will continue to increase its freight volumes". I guess that means there is no drop in freight air transport demand.

However, as I stated earlier, they could be planning to shift/shifting the capacity to an other airport, such as AMS.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

I read in a publication of Brussels Airport:

Cargo B has announced its intention to move operations from BRU to the regional airport of Liege as from July. Meanwhile the 2nd B747-400 in the fleet will operate its new 3 weekly operations to Africa from Brussels. The Cargo B move will create more opportunities at BRU for the incumbent carriers.

How will the move of Cargo B to LGG create opportunities for other carriers at BRU?

Who will benefit from BB leaving BRU? SQ? ALX?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Established02 wrote:I read in a publication of Brussels Airport:

Cargo B has announced its intention to move operations from BRU to the regional airport of Liege as from July. Meanwhile the 2nd B747-400 in the fleet will operate its new 3 weekly operations to Africa from Brussels. The Cargo B move will create more opportunities at BRU for the incumbent carriers.

How will the move of Cargo B to LGG create opportunities for other carriers at BRU?

Who will benefit from BB leaving BRU? SQ? ALX?
As far as I know: SQ. No competition any more on this route. I would not be surprised if they set some pressure.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

KAL, Korean Air Cargo, will connect the new developed airport Navoi in Uzbekistan to Europe, Brussels Airport. It will be a connection between the Far East and Europe.

The Navoi-project is a cooperation between KAL Cargo, the Uzbekistan government and the South Korean Hanjin Group.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Royal Air Maroc Cargo is back. They resume cargo flights as from 6 sep with their B737-300F
They will fly 4 times a week.

Also in the next winter season they are back with also 4 cargo flights a week.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Cathay Pacific Cargo is going to increase their flights to BRU with one weekly cargo flight from Hong Kong and Manchester. Starting on 6 October and the extra flight will take place on Tuesday.
Total 4 weekly cargo flights

Eva Air cargo is going to increase their flights to BRU with one weekly cargo flight from Taipei. Starting 1 October and the extra flight will take place on Saturday.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Hewa Bora is apparently no longer using Cargolux for its weekly cargo flight to FIH.

Also the schedule has changed.

A 742 will position to BRU from MSE in the evening and then depart to FIH the next morning at 07h00.
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (25.24 KiB) Viewed 2991 times

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Established02 wrote:Hewa Bora is apparently no longer using Cargolux for its weekly cargo flight to FIH.

Also the schedule has changed.

A 742 will position to BRU from MSE in the evening and then depart to FIH the next morning at 07h00.

Operated by MK Airlines?

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

Hi,

British Global ( BGB ) ops by MK Airlines ( MKA ) indeed .... ( both the same company, to make it difficult ;-) )

ken

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I don't know what's happening with Singapore Cargo but this week only early landings from the US and depart again in the morning to Singapore. During the day no SQ cargo flights. Have they moved a lot of their flights to AMS????