BRU 11/01/07: Japanese 747

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Well, I was also at the airport to see the 20-1101 depart... but I was hesitating to where it was best to take some pix. Since I had never been to the spot near Abelag for 25R departures, I didn't take any risk and I decided to go to the small cargo hill. Hoping that it would take off and continue some time straight on, so I would have been able to take a sideshot. And guess what, it didn't :cry: So, I got some "nice" bellyshots :roll:

But, afterwards I was thinking about this. It took off and turned immediatly to the right... But isn't this to the North? I thought it was going to Paris?

Luckily the Cathay Silverbullet did what I was expecting so I wasn't there for nothing either :wink:

Damn, I'm really hoping the sun will soon be back :wink:

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

B737229 wrote:
Vonsmalhausen wrote: it's only the first Dutch Hercules that i see outside Holland :P
actually a dutch C130 was based for more then 1 year at melsbroek, during end of the 90s
yep, but back then i was not spotting like i do now :wink:
i only started taking pictures when i got my first "digital compact", second half of 2002 :roll: i misted a lot from before that time :cry:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Devon Rex wrote:But, afterwards I was thinking about this. It took off and turned immediatly to the right... But isn't this to the North? I thought it was going to Paris?
And you don't know why?? Ever heard about the BRUSSELS noise restrictions? That's why a lot of the flights turn right to avoid Brussels and then go back to the south or east if their destination is in that direction.

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Atlantis wrote:
Devon Rex wrote:But, afterwards I was thinking about this. It took off and turned immediatly to the right... But isn't this to the North? I thought it was going to Paris?
And you don't know why?? Ever heard about the BRUSSELS noise restrictions? That's why a lot of the flights turn right to avoid Brussels and then go back to the south or east if their destination is in that direction.
So the Japanese has to go around and the Cathay can go straight over it? Viva the noise restrictions :?

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Devon Rex wrote:So the Japanese has to go around and the Cathay can go straight over it? Viva the noise restrictions :?
Quite right...almost all the CIV departures make a right turn a little north of the heading to AFI (Affligem) before going to CIV (Chievres).

Other departures like some of the LNO (Olno), SPI (Sprimont) etc. departures go straight direction Brussels and then turn to the left...so quite possible.

I hope your question has become clear now...

To Atlantis...please keep in mind that some people don't know as much about IFR as some others do...and those who are willing to learn...we may thank them! Aviation is very exciting...please let it be seen like this!

Kind regards,
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Tommypilot wrote:
Devon Rex wrote:So the Japanese has to go around and the Cathay can go straight over it? Viva the noise restrictions :?
Quite right...almost all the CIV departures make a right turn a little north of the heading to AFI (Affligem) before going to CIV (Chievres).

Other departures like some of the LNO (Olno), SPI (Sprimont) etc. departures go straight direction Brussels and then turn to the left...so quite possible.

To Atlantis...please keep in mind that some people don't know as much about IFR as some others do...and those who are willing to learn...we may thank them! Aviation is very exciting...please let it be seen like this!

Kind regards,
Gracias amigo :wink:

AF036

Post by AF036 »

Devon Rex wrote:
Tommypilot wrote:

Kind regards,
Gracias amigo :wink:
All the SID's that go straight over Brussels with a right turn to the East afterward [LNO 2D, PITES 3D, ROUSY 3D, SOPOK 3D, SPI 2D]
are reserved to 4-engined a/c. Other a/c turns earlier avoiding Brussels as much as possible.

The SID's going straight to CIV overflying Brussels [CIV 1E] is only available during weekend at daytime. But the [CIV 7D & 2Q] can be used any day but during night-time only.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Has someone the reg of the DC10 of Gemini Air Cargo flying for DHL this week?

Kind regards
Bavo