airliners.net

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
icr5

airliners.net

Post by icr5 »

Guys,

What is your acceptance/rejection rate at airliners.net? Do you wanna share some experience? BTW I have never tried to make a picture of airplane(if we don't count a few pictures made 20 years ago when I was kid).

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Well y dont u share those pictures u made 20 years ago with us.........

And yes welcome to the world of Luchtzak and yes on behalf of my friend MD-11 and our most respectable sketch artist, i invite you to share with your work with us.
Aum Sweet Aum.

icr5

Post by icr5 »

Let me put it in this way. How much time, money and efforts do you put in a shot to be published at airliners.net? (We won't discuss the need of talent). I'm going to buy some photo gear next week and I would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks!
PS I'll scan those BW prints from the early '80 and put them on the web

Avro

Post by Avro »

icr5 wrote: How much time, money and efforts do you put in a shot to be published at airliners.net? (We won't discuss the need of talent).
That's the wrong spirit !!! Try to take pictures for yourself and if they are good well then you may try to post them on airliners.net. That's how I do it. It's not good to go out at the airport willing to take picture FOR A.net.

One should take them for himself in the first place.

What's your budget for your camera purchase ?

Chris

cessna152pilot

Post by cessna152pilot »

I would reccomend JetPhotos.net as well. The screeners are a bit more tolerant.

I agree with Avro about who you take your shots for.

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Post deleted cause too boring! ;)
Last edited by Stoney on 22 May 2006, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

icr5

Post by icr5 »

I hate long posts. They are boring and nobody reads them, but seems I have no choice. Airplanes, rockets, flying, space exploration is my childhood passion and it’s still in me. As I posted before, my first “spotting” at BRU was a few weeks ago together with my daughter. I was quite surprised, that the most of the spotters were there to make pictures with expensive photo gear. I realized that I’m years behind the modern “spotting”.
I guess my question should be something like this: Do you guys take pictures to be published at airliners.net or you just enjoy the airplanes and “shoot” them for fun.

icr5

Post by icr5 »

I’m writing this at BRU gate B and they just announced that my flight to LHR is delayed with 15 minutes( G-EUOG), which will make catching the connection to BOS very tricky. Damn BA!

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

icr5 wrote:I hate long posts. They are boring and nobody reads them, but seems I have no choice. Airplanes, rockets, flying, space exploration is my childhood passion and it’s still in me. As I posted before, my first “spotting” at BRU was a few weeks ago together with my daughter. I was quite surprised, that the most of the spotters were there to make pictures with expensive photo gear. I realized that I’m years behind the modern “spotting”.
I guess my question should be something like this: Do you guys take pictures to be published at airliners.net or you just enjoy the airplanes and “shoot” them for fun.
Well, sorry to have bored you then, and sorry to have wasted your time... Djeez...
A short answer to your question then : I shoot them for fun, with expensive gear yes, but honestly it's none of your business what I pay for my gear...
Again, sorry for my boring post, guess I won't reply anymore in the future then...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Calm down guys !!!
Do you guys take pictures to be published at airliners.net or you just enjoy the airplanes and “shoot” them for fun
As explained earlier in this topic: I shoot for fun and if the pictures are good enough I upload them on airliners.net

Chris

icr5

Post by icr5 »

Stoney,

You didn't get me right! I like long post, but most people don't. Some even try to shorten the words, like in the text messaging. Do I express myself so unclear?! Geez, I have to work on my writing style! :)

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

icr5 wrote:Stoney,

You didn't get me right! I like long post, but most people don't. Some even try to shorten the words, like in the text messaging. Do I express myself so unclear?! Geez, I have to work on my writing style! :)
Well yeah, just re read your post. Sorry if I jumped the gun, but I felt quite offended... Anyway, no harm done, another day, fresh start :-)