OO-TUC 767-300ER delayed

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Ologord

TUI 767

Post by Ologord »

B767 from tui left bru with eng IDG inop . during flight APU inop and a/c had to land asap . diverted to goosebay , CA . idg will be replaced there .
following certain info , pax still on board as goosebay is a military airport and so no accomodation could be given to pax .

bad luck for pax

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

OO-TUC is on his way back home:

www.biac.be/arrivals (select 24 hours):

arr 19/09 18:47 Puerto Plata TUB8602 19:06 763
arr 19/09 18:47 Punta Cana TUB8602 19:06 763

killerwhale65

Re: TUI 767

Post by killerwhale65 »

Ologord wrote:B767 from tui left bru with eng IDG inop . during flight APU inop and a/c had to land asap . diverted to goosebay , CA . idg will be replaced there .
following certain info , pax still on board as goosebay is a military airport and so no accomodation could be given to pax .

bad luck for pax
and now in plane English please?
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

janhuub

Post by janhuub »

IDG : Integrated drive generator.
APU: Auxiliary Power Unit
AC: Alternate Current
IDG is an electrical device which provides power for the aircraft AC system, a 767 has three of them. Every single one is able to provide enough electrical power to have all the systems up and running.
Each engine has an IDG and the APU has one.
A/C is dispatchable with one IDG inop. (In this case I guess one of the engine IDG's was inop).
Don't know if an IDG inop affects the ETOPS state of the aircraft.
If this was the case and in flight the crew noticed the APU is inop, they had only one servicable electrical generator, forcing them to make a precautionary landing.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

thanks!
Matthias Thoen

Airbus320redcap

Post by Airbus320redcap »

OO-STUK

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

VRTnieuws.net reports the tourists are on there way to RD now and the plane is fixed.
Matthias Thoen

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Somebody from Jetair told me the plane is already coming back, and will do a Cuba/Mexico tonight. New arrival time from Dominican is 20h10, TUB8602.

new departure time TUB8103 to Montega Bay via Punta Cana is 22h30 tonight (scheduled dep was 08h00 this morning).

Airbus320redcap

Post by Airbus320redcap »

19u06 Zulu estimated....

Not yet canac

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

According to the latest I heard on television is that Jetair found a back up aircraft but that they can't used it because TUB don't have a crew for it.
This is really unbelievable how they act. They search an aircraft and after that they realise that they don't have a crew to fly it.

I really think that they are going way to fast. They had to act like Thomas Cook. Long haul with a reliable carrier; Martinair.

When you read some articles on the net about this problem you can read behind the lines that they will looking for a solution for this wrack of an aircraft.

Time will tell, but passengers are asking now if this aircraft is safe.

TC-MNE

Re: TUI 767

Post by TC-MNE »

Ologord wrote:B767 from tui left bru with eng IDG inop . during flight APU inop and a/c had to land asap . diverted to goosebay , CA . idg will be replaced there .

bad luck for pax
don't understand a word of it... how do you know all this... do you work in the Sabena-technics hall, or just a freak?

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

20h46 : the eagle has landed

EDDL

Post by EDDL »

Hello everyone.

New here :) I am Operations Agent at the airport of Duesseldorf, also running a forum for Duesseldorf EDDL/DUS (http://www.dusforum.de).

For why I am writing.
I once flew with this aircraft to Cuba in May 2005.
About this not beeing the newest aircraft, there is no doubt. The interior is average and a bit shanty, but acceptable.
For the music not working, this was for the most of our flight also a problem when I was on that plane. Most of the time, all the middle seats in the rear cabin didnt have the audio working. A minor fault, but it seems common on that plane and never really been fixed.

Also when we did that flight, one reverser went inop (ENG2) upon landing in Cancun for a stop coming from Varadero.
The mechanics in CUN locked it and our journey continued.

For some reason I kinda like that aircraft and would be happy to hear, how things are developing. The user mentoning, that it is in the need for a deep D check, I can only say yes.

Goodbye everyone!

Jan

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

thanks for the info jan, and welcome on luchtzak

Varig is unreliable, and every information in the logbook may wel be wrong. The only way to avoid future problems is a D-check.

Is OO-TUC still on lease from Wilmington?
http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Wi ... st_Company

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

Why does TUB don`t have contracts with other operators incase off this kind of problems?

@ the time when i was an trainee with Martinair ( 6 years ago ) Martinair had an contract with KLM and Transavia for probs like this.

1 time a 767 was grounded due an Birdstrike, an KLM 767 operate the scheduled Martinair flight.

second time ( some months after the bird strike ) Martinair had some crew probs ( due holidays and illness ) and an Martinair 757 was flown with Transavia crew, only the copilot was an employee of Martinair )

I know some people would say that Martinair had this contracts because all 3 above mentioned airlines are with the KLM group

But...TUI is at the moment the biggest touroperator in Europe, with several own airlines in Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Sweden, United Kingdom and Italy ( Tui airlines Belgium, ArkeFly, HapagFly -former Hapag lloyd - Corsair, Thomsonfly, Britannia and Nero air ). Can`t any airline ( all belonging to the TUI airlines group , even with an own airline management office for all TUI airlines based at Hanover ) help tui belgium ( jetair ) with problems like this. Its crazy they didn't find a crew to fly it!

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@EDDL

Welcome at Luchtzak.be

Enjoy this site :wink:

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

TUB8207, Tuesday's flight to Cancun via Varadero will make an additional stop in Lisbon. Normal departure, 10h10, is already delayed to 14h00. Plane is a 763.

Will this be another one ? It's now 22h33 on Monday evening, and OO-TUC has just left for Montego Bay via Punta Cana. This OO-TUC will never be back in BRU by 14h00.

(source : www.biac.be/departures )

Avro

Post by Avro »

Maybe a charter from EuroAtlantic ? They are based in Lisbon.

Chris

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Could well be chris, and the stopover will be needed to change crews: they need a first crew for LIS-BRU (empty) and BRU-LIS (with pax), then second crew for LIS-VRA (same pax).

sidestick

Post by sidestick »

This operation of OO-TUC looks more like a third world ops. If it was not to carry pax, I would smile, but this become very serious........ :?
There is room for more LH planes in Belgium, just lease some in good shape.

Happy landings