Helicopter formation flight

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Helicopter formation flight

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Yesterday, June 16th, I spotted a formation of (at least) 5 helicopters flying over Brugge. Unfortunately, I could not see any registration or even any colour scheme, as I was driving at the time and could barely see them. Does anybody know what that was all about?

arthurv

Re: Helicopter formation flight

Post by arthurv »

Ozzie1969 wrote:Yesterday, June 16th, I spotted a formation of (at least) 5 helicopters flying over Brugge. Unfortunately, I could not see any registration or even any colour scheme, as I was driving at the time and could barely see them. Does anybody know what that was all about?
Maybe it has something to do with the Open Luchtmacht Dagen of the Dutch Airforce, which take place friday 17 and saturdaty 18 of June 2005 :
http://www.luchtmacht.nl/opendagen2005/

fightertown

Post by fightertown »

You probably saw the Blue Eagles team, they refueled at Koksijde AFB around 16-17h :wink:

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

fightertown wrote:You probably saw the Blue Eagles team, they refueled at Koksijde AFB around 16-17h :wink:
Blue Eagles? That's 4 Gazelles and 1 Lynx. That's the right number of helicopters, indeed. And I saw them above my home town around 1600 hours. I guess they were the ones, then. Thanks, fightertown.