Turkish A333 in Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Turkish A333 in Brussels

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I saw on Airliners.net that over the past few months Turkish Airlines is sending the A330-300 to Brussels quite often. This is a lot of (extra) capacity. I have some questions about this:

1. Why not increasing frequency instead of using the A333 on relatively short routes?
2. Why not cooperating with Brussels Airlines and have them run e.g. one frequency?
3. Why in general no codeshare between Brussels Airlines and Turkish Airlines, both member of Star Alliance? Is anything in the pipeline?

Thanks for having your thoughts ...

Cheers,
Danny

cnc

Re: Turkish A333 in Brussels

Post by cnc »

they send a widebody when the capacity is needed, its not scheduled far in advance.
other airlines do it too like MS, RAM, ...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

They did increase frequency this summer from 21/week to 24/week, but even with these extra flights there is demand for more (see all the recent upgrades), sometimes even 2 upgrades on 1 day. The routes to/from Turkey (and Marocco) are just VERY bussy, especially around the holiday periods.

About SN/Star. TK just doesn't need SN for the IST-BRU route, I doubt they would have many seats left (at a normal price) wich could be occupied by SN as codeshare partner. SN could fly to IST themself (I think a daily A319 flight would be good for SN, but they need to have an A319 to do it of course), but the question is if TK wants to share this route (wich is, I assume, VERY profitable) with SN. Of course SN can start this route without the support of TK, but together it would be easier for SN.

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

MR_Boeing wrote:They did increase frequency this summer from 21/week to 24/week, but even with these extra flights there is demand for more (see all the recent upgrades), sometimes even 2 upgrades on 1 day. The routes to/from Turkey (and Marocco) are just VERY bussy, especially around the holiday periods.

About SN/Star. TK just doesn't need SN for the IST-BRU route, I doubt they would have many seats left (at a normal price) wich could be occupied by SN as codeshare partner. SN could fly to IST themself (I think a daily A319 flight would be good for SN, but they need to have an A319 to do it of course), but the question is if TK wants to share this route (wich is, I assume, VERY profitable) with SN. Of course SN can start this route without the support of TK, but together it would be easier for SN.
I have flown this route about 3weeks ago, it was an afternoon flight, no upgrade but a full 100% load...!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

MR_Boeing wrote:About SN/Star. TK just doesn't need SN for the IST-BRU route, I doubt they would have many seats left (at a normal price) wich could be occupied by SN as codeshare partner. SN could fly to IST themself (I think a daily A319 flight would be good for SN, but they need to have an A319 to do it of course), but the question is if TK wants to share this route (wich is, I assume, VERY profitable) with SN. Of course SN can start this route without the support of TK, but together it would be easier for SN.
SN did fly BRU-IST a few years ago, but had to abandon because they could not compete with the prices offered by TK.
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote: SN did fly BRU-IST a few years ago, but had to abandon because they could not compete with the prices offered by TK.
Yes, and that's what I ment with saying that it would be easier for SN to work together with TK. At least if TK wants to make an agreement with SN. But I doubt TK wants to do that (isn't that the reason why SN is not flying IST and CMN, too hard competition from RAM and TK and the lack of wanting to share the market with SN).

MIVB-reiziger

Post by MIVB-reiziger »

cnc wrote:they send a widebody when the capacity is needed, its not scheduled far in advance.
other airlines do it too like MS, RAM, ...
Talking about that, have we already seen RAM's 747 this summer? Will it still come?

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Summer 2008 was the last summer of frequent visits of CN-RGA, only 1 visit in 2010 ! :(

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Airbus A330 wrote:Summer 2008 was the last summer of frequent visits of CN-RGA, only 1 visit in 2010 ! :(
There were at least 2 visits of CN-RGA to Brussels last year... check A.net...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

So, only 2 visits of CN-RGA in 2010... ;) :cry:

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Airbus A330 wrote:So, only 2 visits of CN-RGA in 2010... ;) :cry:
No, at least 3, I've pictures of CN-RGA in BRU at 5 July 2010. And I tought the B747 came a few times more, but not sure.