PHX-MSP-GRB on Northwest

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nwa757

PHX-MSP-GRB on Northwest

Post by nwa757 »

This is the second segment of my trip. The first segment can be found here

Introduction
I was sad to be going home but happy to be flying. I had a great time in Arizona. We went to the Pima air museuem and we saw lots of neat planes. My favorite was the YC-14. We also went to the Titan missile site and I saw what the U.S. army used to use to defend its self.

July 7th, 2003
Phoenix, AZ to Minneapolis, MN
Northwest Airlines flight# 100
Boeing 757-200 N502US
First Class seat 4-A

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/213217/L/

We got up around 4:00am and went to the airport and checked in. Check in was fast because we wern't checking any bags. Then we went to the gate and found out that we were flying on a 757. I was excited because I hadn't flown on a 757 in a long time. Then we started boarding. We boarded through the second door on the left. After we boarded I went up front to talk to the pilots. I found out that this aircraft was the second 757 delivered to Northwest and that the aircraft was named "City of Minneapolis". After that we took off. the take off was my favorite kind, fast. onnce we reached our cruising altitude we were served Corn Flakes with a bannana and a choice between a bagel or a muffin. I chose the bagel. It was very good. The flight went very fast. Me and my Dad played Hangman the whole time. Twords the end of the flight it got very turbulent and we had a bumpy landing.

July 7th, 2003
Minneapolis, MN to Green Bay, WI
Northwest Airlines flight# 1278
McDonnell Douglas DC-9-31 N926NW
First Class seat 3-A

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/121103/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/370797/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/070499/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/223661/L/

It was around noon and I was hungry so I got a pizza at Pizza Hut and a soda :drink:. Then we boarded the DC-9. I always hit my head on the overhead bin in DC-9s and this time is no different :dammit:. we pushed back from the gate and we were behind a big line of planes. That was ok with me I didn't want to go home :wink:. Then we took off. We wern't served a meal because it was a half hour flight. It was really bumpy throught the flight But we had a smooth landing.

We didn't hane to wait around because we didn't check any bags. Then we got in the GMC Yukon and went home. I was happy to see my cat and my dog.

Overall another great experience with Northwest. Please post your comments on this trip report
Last edited by nwa757 on 14 Aug 2003, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Onward and Upward...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Those are two great reports nwa757 :wink:
I always hit my head on the overhead bin in DC-9s and this time is no different :dammit:
I guess you're too big :lol:

Ciao
Chris
8)

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Thanks. Glad to hear you like 'em
Onward and Upward...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It must be the experience of a lifetime for a guy nicknamed nwa757 to fly a NWA 757 :) Thanks for the reports :!:

How did you manage to fly 1st class for a vacation :?: Because you can afford it (and that's not my business) or because you were upgraded?

I have frequently travelled to MSP (the home airport of 3M Company, which I used to visit quite often in the past) and I have sometimes been upgraded to F (which in the US can be compared to C in Europe, although a little better). NWA was not exactly my favourite because many of its planes were quite old, as the DC9 you've flown. But I enjoyed that time a lot.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

sn26567 wrote:How did you manage to fly 1st class for a vacation :?: Because you can afford it (and that's not my business) or because you were upgraded?
My parents paid for the trip and they can afford to fly first class.
Last edited by nwa757 on 14 Aug 2003, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Onward and Upward...

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

sn26567 wrote:It must be the experience of a lifetime for a guy nicknamed nwa757 to fly a NWA 757 Thanks for the reports
I did enjoy flying on the 757 very much.
Onward and Upward...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

nwa757,

glad that I finally found your excellent trip-report ;-)

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

Comet

Post by Comet »

A friend of mine once flew on Northwest - he said they were the worst airline he's ever flown with, and he hated their DC10s, said the service was crap and the in-flight entertainment wasn't working properly. He said he'd never fly with them again.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:A friend of mine once flew on Northwest - he said they were the worst airline he's ever flown with, and he hated their DC10s, said the service was crap and the in-flight entertainment wasn't working properly. He said he'd never fly with them again.
He should probably try their new A330s
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
He should probably try their new A330s
It's no good being on a nice, new aircraft if the onboard service is absolutely dreadful!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

killerwhale65

Re: PHX-MSP-GRB on Northwest

Post by killerwhale65 »

nwa757 wrote:After we boarded I went up front to talk to the pilots.
How did ya manage to get there? I thought security, especially in the US, prevented this?
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

killerwhale65 wrote:How did ya manage to get there? I thought security, especially in the US, prevented this?
I just asked the flight attendant and she said yes. In fact it is not very often that they don't let my check out the cockpit. I forgot to add that the first officer let me sit in the captain's seat.
Onward and Upward...