Polish airports: news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Polish airports: news

Post by Atlantis »

The CEO of the new to build mega airport, CPK, between Warsaw and Lodz, was fired during the weekend.

The new government requested for an audit how it was possible that so much millions of Zloty were spend during a few years.

Also the demand, economical situation, Polish financial status to fund such a project and the necessity of such an airport will be investigated.

While the focus was on CPK for the last few years, a lot of other airports didn't received the needed funds for maintenance or to develop like Warsaw Chopin airport. This last one will receive funds to develop further.

The question also raised that people wants to take a flight near home instead of taking public transport for 2 to 3 hours to reach CPK.

The last thought who raised is if CPK will be ever build.
A lot of people lost their homes while nothing is build yet.

TLspotting

Re: Polish airports: news

Post by TLspotting »

The improvement of railway lines is needed af.

However the CPK, I've already said it, no. Pure propaganda from the old government. The answer of this airport being needed is not "yes" everywhere and Av24, I'm sorry to say it loud again, but you're part of the old propaganda, but the system is now falling with all the radical political changes in Poland. Radom is a complete disaster too! I mean CPK is not needed AT ALL. There are alternatives which are clearly cheaper. Poland is not the center of the world and as I said to some of you here : the airports of Istanbul and Beijing were needed because there were airlines to feed it. BER is half used due to the bankruptcy of Air Berlin. And now, LOT could arrive at the CPK? You have to be realistic, it is a project for a century and the airport won't be even half used when it opens. If WAW is nothing else than LOT's hub, there are reasons and it's not only a matter of slots.

However, I have also said it many times but Modlin has the space to develop further North!
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Atlantis

Re: Polish airports: news

Post by Atlantis »

The commission around the investigation of the CPK project, requested where the results are after the internal audit. On the 7th of March the audit announced that within 3 weeks the results would made public. Since then, silence.

The commission was informed that the audit was finished and the results where handed over, but no one knows what's the outcome. Also it was not clear who appointed the internal auditors.

One of the most interesting parts in this are the tenders. The four public made tenders were all invalidated.

Probably, own words of some experts in this case, is silence to avoid further public shame

Source: money.pl