BEAP to start before end Dec 04

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

flyexel

Post by flyexel »

Hi Sn,

Those 5000€ will be splited into monthly payments to BEAP,it'll take aprox. 4-5 years to do this with an average flight attendant salary.

Strange affaires over there don't you think......

SN30952

Strange affaires over there

Post by SN30952 »

flyexel wrote:Hi Sn,
Those 5000€ will be splited into monthly payments to BEAP,it'll take aprox. 4-5 years to do this with an average flight attendant salary.
Strange affaires over there don't you think......
[Look what I saw in Picture changed overthere...]

Het startkapitaal voor de eerste fase, 25 miljoen euro, is nog niet helemaal vergaard. BelgiumExel, de luchtvaartmaatschappij van de Nederlandse zakenman Erik De Vlieger, brengt ,,het grootste deel'' in. Verder is het wachten op een positief antwoord van Afrikaanse ontwikkelingsbanken. Leblicq blijkt daar erg gerust in. De nodige vergunningen worden volgende week verwacht.
Het cabinepersoneel, een dertig mensen, bestaat uit ex-Sabeniens die al aan de slag waren bij BelgiumExel.

I wonder why 30 f/a would accept a reduced salary, when they have a contract with BelgiumExel?
It is a fact that Mali is a big 'client' at the BAD, Banque Africaine de Developpement. Of which Belgium is also a member.)

But I cannot trace any (air) transport projects in the development banks.... Strange affaire.
Last edited by SN30952 on 05 Dec 2004, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Oh boy.
The investment will be paid back by the salary. What if somebody quits the company after three months? Will he/she be refunded? What if BEAP has to close down a route and therefore has to dismiss staff? Will there be enough funds to pay each of them 5.000 euros?
Social Inspection will also not be very happy with this: if the investment is withdraw from the montly salary cheque, it is a salary. The investment therefore will not be 5.000 euros per person, but almost the double. In Belgium, gross salary costs indeed are about double of the nett salary. Or is the 5.000 euros, mentionned in the press articles, indeed gross?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:read on www.Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, sorry in Dutch:
Thanks for the information in Dutch. When posting such a news item, it woud be useful to add a (very) short summary in English. thanks in anticipation.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Advisor wrote:I can only add that yes the forum administrators are doing a good job.

To the people who engage in language feuds, only a humble message to them:
People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.

We all are in aviation. Let our planes not just fly across boundaries and tarmacs but also beyond mere linguistic battles and i always thought that AVIATION is the biggest networker of the world.

Remember, WE ARE THE WORLD. WE ARE THE PEOPLE.
I had to delete a lot of posts or parts of post in this thread. Please read carefully the forum rules. We might ban some readers if they continue posting inappropriate wording like they do. This forum must be based on mutual understanding and respect for others' opinions.

Can you now please refrain from using insults and stick to the topic?

Pity that these wise words had to come from India! This kind of spirit should be naturally in all of us.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: Beap, beaper, beapst?

Post by sn26567 »

SN30952 wrote:every month....??? 5000€ ???
5000€ is a lot for an individual, peanuts for an airline, indeed.
In fact these people pay themselves for flying? They are co-owners, entrepreneurs. What is their status?
I guess BEAP will retain a small portion of their salaries every month, up to 5,000 euros.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Better late than never, I just realized that BelgiumExel operates with aircraft registered in the Netherlands (AOC from there too I believe).
:oops:

AFAIK, BEAP/BelgiumExel does not need a Belgian AOC to operate flights from BRU. Holders of a European AOC can operate from any EU member state they want. But they probably need to add a variation on their AOC to cover the BEAP flights.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I finally found their logo in a decent size:

Image Image Image

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

sn26567 wrote:
Advisor wrote:I can only add that yes the forum administrators are doing a good job.

To the people who engage in language feuds, only a humble message to them:
People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.

We all are in aviation. Let our planes not just fly across boundaries and tarmacs but also beyond mere linguistic battles and i always thought that AVIATION is the biggest networker of the world.

Remember, WE ARE THE WORLD. WE ARE THE PEOPLE.
I had to delete a lot of posts or parts of post in this thread. Please read carefully the forum rules. We might ban some readers if they continue posting inappropriate wording like they do. This forum must be based on mutual understanding and respect for others' opinions.

Can you now please refrain from using insults and stick to the topic?

Pity that these wise words had to come from India! This kind of spirit should be naturally in all of us.
and this is not off-topic?????????????

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

V-Bird wrote:and this is not off-topic?????????????
Sometimes admins need to go offtopic to remind the rules to troublemakers.
André
ex Sabena #26567

AFApresident

BEAP denies rumors on having little chance in surviving.

Post by AFApresident »

Brief english translation:

Co founder Filip Van Rossem denies that the BEAP project would be a soapbell. "The fact that we announced our project last week was just to make public that our first flight will be on december 23rd. The actual operations will only start in March of next year", he said.

Many airline professionals however give this project little chance in succeeding, especially because they still lack a number of documents including those to start the procedure in acauiring the licence to operate flights (AOC) reports Eric Aerden from the federal minsitry of transport. Furthermore no evidence has yet been found that BEAP would fly with a foreign licence which only acknowledges what professionals are thinking. A flight on december 23rd seems highly unrealistic.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

BEAP future very questionable

and in HLN:

BEAP beschikt nog niet over vereiste vlieglicentie

BEAP doesn't have the necessary AOC yet, says Eric Aerden, spokesmen of the Federal Government of Mobility and Transportation. He also told that they don't want a second Van Gaever-incident. Where Van Gaever blamed that the Belgian Government sabotaged his project.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Everything seems OK now:

"The practical arrangement between BEAP and Belgium Exel has only been finalized yesterday. First flight out of BRU will be on Wed 22/12, return from Lomé next day. After that, frequency 2 / week on Monday and Saturday. Belgium Exel will need to use Holland Exel's AOC (using 7th freedom), same way as they have previously already been granted by the Belgian CAA on the other flights for Thomas Cook and on Pukhet. This is not yet a "yes" and the events around Holland Exel do not help. But it should work."

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

The timetable for the flights is online!
You can find it here http://www.beap.be/public/DATA/TT.pdf
All flights have a HLX prefix .
There will be a connection betwee CDG and BRU by bus.

Greetings,

Airbuske :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airbuske wrote:The timetable for the flights is online!
Yes, but not yet on the OAG...

And why connecting to Paris with a bus? Of course, their schedules are not exactly in line with those of the Thalys coming from Paris Nord, but still... Even with a connection at Brussels North, I would prefer the Thalys.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

When will people be able to buy a ticket?
Otherwise they will fly with empty aircrafts to Africa :?

Greetings,

Airbuske :)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Connecting with a bus ??

Beap said that they want to "steal" pasengers from AF on the Lomé route, even business pax. But do they really think that they will be able to get those AF business pax, by offering them a bus ride between Paris and Brussels and than the service of HollandExell in Business class ????

Chris

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi Avro.
Maybe the business pax will go by thalys?
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Breaking news: the commercial department at Air France just read the BEAP website. They're all rolling on the floor laughing...
:smoking:

A bus on BRU-CDG... Why not an Antonov 2 while they're at it ? Okay, the bus is cheaper than an ERJ-145, and if the shuttle is empty you're not losing tens of thousands of euros on each "leg".
8O :roll:

Unless the whole trip is really much much cheaper with BEAP (I can't seriously believe that) or there's a greater allowance for personal luggage, there's no way you can compete with AF in Paris.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I think BEAP will go the Delsey way...