Low cost airlines in Europe

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

CTBke

Low cost airlines in Europe

Post by CTBke »

this week a poll about low cost airlines
Last edited by CTBke on 17 Oct 2004, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Not on your list and not flying in Europe, but my favorite LCC is Southwest Airlines.

Reliable and cheap flights in the US for over 30 years. Treating staff with respect and allowing them to work in a casual clothing (you feel good = you work good).

WWW.SOUTHWEST.COM

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Honestly, I have no idea. I did not fly with any of these, and I do not know if I will.
You give me no alternative in your suggestions.
Therefor your question should have been:
Which is the best of these three low cost airlines?
Ryanair
Easyjet
Basiq Air
Never flown them

PS:
For me AirAsia is the best.

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I have never flown any of the airlines listed*, but I voted for Easyjet.
This because I heard a lot more bad things about Ryanair than over Easyjet. Also, Easyjet flies to more central airports then Ryanair does. Easyjet maybe slightly more expensive, but then you don't have to travel (and pay for transportation) a bigger distance to your destination.
And the main reason why I didn't vote for Basiq Air is because I never heard anything of them (but I knew the brand), in the meaning of passenger experience, they are a lot more unknown then the other two.

* I will be flying Easyjet next Saturday! :D

JetB

Post by JetB »

Isn't Basiq Air as a brand going to disappear soon, Believe its going to be relaunched as Transavia ?

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

BobClaes wrote:Isn't Basiq Air as a brand going to disappear soon, Believe its going to be relaunched as Transavia ?

You're right Bob: Transavia is to discard "BasiqAir" and keep its original brand name.

As far as low cost are concerned, I've just flown Virgin Express once (BRU-LAR-BRA in 2001) and Ryanair 12 times (BGY (2x), CIA (1x), DUB (2xi), PIS (1xi), STAN (6xi)).

VEX was late on both the out- in inbound flights...
RARE has always been on time (even earlier than expected) but one of my flights was cancelled and I was rebooked on the evening-flight...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

what´s about all the other´s flying round Europe ?
ok some of them are LCC with high fare (ex. meanwhile germanwings most times LH claims only half of the tkt price then 4U does when you come short time in advance)
or full frill with low fare (ex. dba you get a snack and a drink and every-time an very reasonable ticket price !) :wink:

others to be mention
Air Berlin
Helvetic

many, many others .....

8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

CTBke,

your topic is becoming a total mess:

- you open a voting with only 3 low-cost carriers, then decide to remove the poll 3 hours later,
- your message-body still contains "this week a poll about low cost airlines", it's not a poll anymore,
- you open a topic without giving your own opinion, that's rather strange to me :?

:? :?

I hereby declare this topic totally irrelevant thus closed.