Repositioning of BRU operations to other airports after attacks

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Repositioning of BRU operations to other airports after attacks

Post by sn26567 »

Thomas Cook will operate three flights from BRU next weekend: Marrakech, Agadir and Heraklion. From 12 April, 65% of their flights will operate from BRU, and 35% from LGG
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It seems today is the last day of SN in LGG.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote:It seems today is the last day of SN in LGG.
Indeed, but other airlines are still diverting to LGG.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Liege Airport: 140,000 passengers and 1,300 aeroplanes diverted from Brussels Airport in two weeks.

Well done!
André
ex Sabena #26567

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

sn26567 wrote:Liege Airport: 140,000 passengers and 1,300 aeroplanes diverted from Brussels Airport in two weeks.

Well done!
Indeed, now let's hope that airlines will remember this achievement and will consider some feeder flights from LGG

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Iberia likes to use LGG for a little longer, flying to both airports at the same time.
Quite a nice idea actually.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

Acid-drop wrote:Iberia likes to use LGG for a little longer, flying to both airports at the same time.
Quite a nice idea actually.
So does Scandinavian Airlines with a morning rotation from Copenhagen.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Vueling continues to partially operate its Brussels flights from Lille Airport until April 30

Vueling informs that, as the restrictions at Brussels Airport are maintained, the airline will extend its activities at Lille Airport until April 30 included. The Vueling aircraft based in Brussels will continue to operate from Brussels Airport.

Vueling flights have been operated from the nearby Lille Lesquin Airport (France) since March 24.

From April 7, the Spanish premium low-cost carrier partially resumed its activities at Brussels Airport. Due to the limited capacity of Brussels Airport, Vueling will continue to operate a number of flights from Lille Airport until April 30 included. Clients are kindly requested to refer to vuelingnews.com for the most recent information on their connections. Please also visit the website for more information about the bus transfer from Lille Airport to Brussels South Train Station.

Clients who have booked a Vueling flight with scheduled departure at Brussels Airport, can contact Vueling to change their flight free of charge for travel during the next two months or refund the ticket. Booking modifications can be made online on Vueling.com or by contacting the customer service helpline +34 93 122 00 55 from Belgium or +33 184 884 814 from France.

Vueling is in a continuous effort to reach out to the passengers who are affected by the disruptions at Brussels Airport, via different channels, such as SMS, e-mail directly to customers and constantly updates information on the website vuelingnews.com, on Twitter @vuelingclients and on Facebook. Vueling also keeps travel agents informed via e-mail.

Vueling liaises with the Belgian authorities and strictly follows their guidelines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BRU & SN aren't publishing traffic figures for March, and I can understand why. But regional airports do. Together ANR, CRL, LGG & OST have transported 738,539 passengers in March, 42% more than one year ago. For obvious reasons I need not to explain.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

One month of Jetairfly flights rerouted through OST

André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

I've seen the JAF folk in action in Ostend. They did a great job, together with the airport and indeed the town of Ostend as well.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Some further impressions from the repositioning of Brussels airport destined flights after 22/3:

Antwerp

Ostend

Liege

Zurich

Last edited by sn26567 on 23 Apr 2016, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links re-formatted in youtube format

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Vueling flights were operated from Lille Lesquin airport in France since March 24, because of its proximity to Brussels.

As of 7 April, the airline was again able to bring some flights back to Brussels Airport, which has enabled it to partially resume operations in Belgium. Due to the limited capacity of Brussels Airport, Vueling will continue to operate a number of flights from the airport of Lille at least until 8 May inclusive.
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

TAP is still flying to OST
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

LGG (#1) and OST (#3) among the small airports with the highest growth during first quarter:

André
ex Sabena #26567