Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2016

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:Several diversions in BRU? I only see Ryanair FR2905 from Malta (B738 EI-DWW) diverted to Charleroi.
Looks more a rerouting then a diversion:
luchtzak 29 dec 2016 FR2905.jpg
luchtzak 29 dec 2016 FR2905.jpg (177.66 KiB) Viewed 3752 times

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Passenger wrote:more a rerouting then a diversion
Have you recently been hired by MOL by any chance?
"Nope, we didn't have any diversion this year, only re-routings" :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

DIBO wrote:
"Nope, we didn't have any diversion this year, only re-routings"
A "diversion" for me is: "we'll try to land at BRU, and if it's not possible, we'll divert to CRL".
A "rerouting" for me is: "we won't attempt to land at BRU and well go to CRL immediately. That saves us fuel".

Hue

Post by Hue »

sn26567 wrote:Several diversions in BRU? I only see Ryanair FR2905 from Malta (B738 EI-DWW) diverted to Charleroi.
Several diversions came to BRU, due to weather in ANT & OST

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
DIBO wrote:
"Nope, we didn't have any diversion this year, only re-routings"
A "diversion" for me is: "we'll try to land at BRU, and if it's not possible, we'll divert to CRL".
A "rerouting" for me is: "we won't attempt to land at BRU and well go to CRL immediately. That saves us fuel".
Yeah sure, cause landing in another airport is cheap :D reason for not attempting an approach is probably cause the aircraft might not be LEGAL to start the approach. A deferred item can bring the aircraft to CAT I minima only.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:A "diversion" for me is: "we'll try to land at BRU, and if it's not possible, we'll divert to CRL".
Yeah sure, cause landing in another airport is cheap reason for not attempting an approach is probably cause the aircraft might not be LEGAL to start the approach. A deferred item can bring the aircraft to CAT I minima only.
All flights between 17h and 24h landed at BRU, except two: the above Ryanair FR2905 that went straight to Charleroi and, a few hours earlier, an Air Europa ERJ-195ER that aborted its final approach into BRU, then went into a holding near BRU for 30 minutes, then flew to ANR and then diverted to MGL Münchengladbach.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:A "diversion" for me is: "we'll try to land at BRU, and if it's not possible, we'll divert to CRL".
Yeah sure, cause landing in another airport is cheap reason for not attempting an approach is probably cause the aircraft might not be LEGAL to start the approach. A deferred item can bring the aircraft to CAT I minima only.
All flights between 17h and 24h landed at BRU, except two: the above Ryanair FR2905 that went straight to Charleroi and, a few hours earlier, an Air Europa ERJ-195ER that aborted its final approach into BRU, then went into a holding near BRU for 30 minutes, then flew to ANR and then diverted to MGL Münchengladbach.
So? ALL those aircraft were probably CAT II/III when that FR one wasnt on the day because of a deferred item. At least they didnt fly back to Malta :)

Storm

Post by Storm »

Passenger wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
Air Europa ERJ-195 diverted to MST iso MGL ( source: website Maastricht Aachen Airport )

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

DIBO wrote:EBAW: vis 100 m./ rvr 400 m./ cloud broken 100ft / freezing fog -> so more arrivals today (the scheduled ones diverted anyway)
similar thick (freezing) pea soup for the moment, so bad news for the few incoming flights (JAF from Murcia is on it's way in half an hour, so they won't make it probably)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

"Up here" in the east its very sunny
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

After holding over ANR for half an hour, the Murcia flight diverted to BRU and the subsequent Malaga flight will depart from BRU i.o. ANR
JAF14Y.JPG
JAF14Y.JPG (83.36 KiB) Viewed 3318 times