DHL expands its infrastructure in BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

DHL expands its infrastructure in BRU

Post by Inquirer »

Not immediately linked to more flights it seems, but DHL will invest in larger new infrastructure for its operations in BRU as they are running at near 100% capacity and expect significant growth in future.

http://www.tijd.be/detail.art?a=9599684&n=3085&ckc=1

RoMax

Re: DHL expands its infrastructure in BRU

Post by RoMax »

They do say they will fly more during the day and with bigger aircraft. Night flights will remain limited within the legal limits, so not much room for expansion there probably. Of course saying they will not increase the amount of flights (or at least night flights) is to keep the complainers silent...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Brussels will become the HUb for al transit flights between middle east,Africa and North America this are the day flights.
And they will keep a small European hub to deserve the BIG industrial and economic pole.(Paris,Randstad,Ruhr etc...)
Last edited by lumumba on 12 Feb 2015, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

teach

Post by teach »

Interesting choice of location for the new building, on the other side of RWY 25R from the current hub.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

teach wrote:Interesting choice of location for the new building, on the other side of RWY 25R from the current hub.
TIJD: "DHL trekt naar de vroegere site van Virgin Express, omdat de bereikbaarheid daar beter is."

Really? There seems to be limited tarmac space over there, even if they pour concrete on those tennis and soccer fields.

I thought DHL would have been happy to get this empty lot on Brucargo West, next to that other new DHL building there.
Attachments
VEX.JPG
DHL.JPG

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

The planes will park at Brucargo...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello,
The old Virgin Express building will be demolished or renovated/transformed into the new DHL building :?:

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I believe they said on TV that the old buildings at that location (the ones they showed also had old Sabena Technics signs) will be demolished and a completely new building (or buildings) will be constructed.

I believe there are quite some old buildings around BRU that are actually too old and nonfunctional to justify the investment of renovating them.

I'm not that well aware of all these buildings at/around BRU, but I though they already demolished quite a few buildings in 2013-2014.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

RoMax wrote:I believe they said on TV that the old buildings at that location (the ones they showed also had old Sabena Technics signs) will be demolished and a completely new building (or buildings) will be constructed.

I believe there are quite some old buildings around BRU that are actually too old and nonfunctional to justify the investment of renovating them.

I'm not that well aware of all these buildings at/around BRU, but I though they already demolished quite a few buildings in 2013-2014.
Thanks, RoMax! ;)

Indeed, one (or two) old Sabena Technics building(s) near the terminal has/have been demolished recently.

eagleheart

Post by eagleheart »

Will this be in the former buildings of sabena technics and Tec4jets?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Established02 wrote:
teach wrote:Interesting choice of location for the new building, on the other side of RWY 25R from the current hub.
TIJD: "DHL trekt naar de vroegere site van Virgin Express, omdat de bereikbaarheid daar beter is."

Really? There seems to be limited tarmac space over there, even if they pour concrete on those tennis and soccer fields.

I thought DHL would have been happy to get this empty lot on Brucargo West, next to that other new DHL building there.
That empty lot at Brucargo West is reserved for two big handling buildings and a whole new tarmac. But those plans are in the fridge already for a long time as there is way too less cargo traffic for those investments.
That tennis and football field will be removed in some time.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

RoMax wrote:I believe they said on TV that the old buildings at that location (the ones they showed also had old Sabena Technics signs) will be demolished and a completely new building (or buildings) will be constructed.

Brussels Airport started a couple of years already to demolish old buildings and to replace them by new ones who can be build in modules, so that in the future they can be expand.

It's very good that those old building of Jetairfly, Sabena Technics, etc will be demolished and one new one will be build.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I wonder how much flight's is DHL doing now to and from Brussels?