Where are BIAC's statistics?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Where are BIAC's statistics?

Post by DannyVDB »

Dear all,

I wander why BIAC does not publish anymore statistics on movements, pax and freight each month (not anymore since March). I only see an update graph on statistics, but no figures on their website. Anyone knows why or where I can find the figures?

Danny

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

Hi,

I was also asking myself the same question, but today i discovered this: (you'll be very happy)

http://www.brusselsairport.be/statistics/

That part of the BIAC website was already there for a long time, but if you click on the charts now, you will see that they also include detailed numbers!

Thanks BIAC, we had to wait for a while, but now i think that it is even much better then the old way, where you had to go browse through the newsarchive for older statistics.

Also interesting:

http://www.brusselsairport.be/press/

There you can find all statistics for 2003. (the may reports)

Greets,

Pieter

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

wow, thanks Flybe to mention that they added detailed numbers :)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the links Pieter.

But shouldn't this topic be in General Aviation rather than Airline Experience :confused:

Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro wrote:But shouldn't this topic be in General Aviation rather than Airline Experience :confused:
Moved

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Looks like 2004 is going to be a great year for BIAC. Only the number of transfer passengers is still disappointing, but it will be very hard to go back to the numbers of good old Sabena days...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

Only the number of transfer passengers is still disappointing
I guess that not participating in the European football championship costed BRU quite some passengers now. Let's hope that the Olympic games can contribute a little bit. Athens isn't really the destination that people go to by car from Belgium 8)

I hoped for a little bit more passengers than now in 2004, but hey, at least it is still rising. And let's hope for a very good summer! What amazed me the most is seeing that the amount of transfer passengers in BRU in 2004 is even lower then 2003!!! How is that possible? I guess it is true that SNBA isn't focussing on transfer passengers (which other company could have transfer passengers in BRU? VEX?). A pity, because i guess that the amount of local people (arriving in or departing from BRU) won't change that much, everyone that needs to come to BRU will come anyway. So it is really the transfer passengers that would make a difference. But indeed, they aren't so interesting for airlines...

Anyway, good to see the numbers still rising in BRU! Let's hope for the best!

Greets,

Pieter

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flybe wrote:I guess it is true that SNBA isn't focussing on transfer passengers (which other company could have transfer passengers in BRU? VEX?).
Well, SN BA is trying to build a small hub at BRU that will help it fill its African flights. And I guess there are also transfer passengers between European cities.

But it will take a long, long time to have the same number of transfer pax as Sabena.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Pieter,

Thanks for the information. This is indeed very detailed information.

Bart,

Sorry for the misposting ...

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

If I understand well, the month of May will be a very good month although not all the figures are there yet:

I see roughly 48.500 transfert pax (= 97.000 in total)
I see roughly 660.800 departing pax ( so +/- 1.321.600 departing and arriving if we assume them being equal which is not the case I guess).

This would mean more than 1.418.600 pax for May whic is a lot more than last year (> +80.000). :D

Is this estimated correctly? I think this will be due to the 'natural growth' and the addition of the New-York route (?)

Danny

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

DannyVDB, I tried to make the same calculation and I came up with (at least) 700000 more passengers than last year. I think the average loadfactor is increasing too beceause the amount of new movements is less than the number of new passengers (compared of course).

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

In the chart of the movements, i guess also the cargoflights are included, or not? Because those rose against the same period last year (SIA was later in 2003, that they decided to make the hub, no?)

So maybe the passenger flights are still more or less the same, instead of rising. Anyway, good for the loadfactor!

DannyVDB, i also made a similar calculation, but i'm still a little bit more careful. The NY route of AA i don't expect to make much of a difference in may, because it started only the 17th and in the beginning, loadfactors are normally not very high yet (i wonder how it is doing now?)

Reading in Metro about many belgians travelling this summer, and about 1 on 3 going by plane, i think it will be a good summer. Nevertheless i really hope to see more connecting pax, otherwhise it could backfire next year, if local pax would be less then... Let's hope that AA/SN create a lot of connecting pax to africa!

Greets,

Pieter

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I'm pretty sure that most of you already know this, nevertheless for those who don't: On http://www.airports.org when you go to "traffic data" and look for the monthly, year to data and other links from there, you will find nice information about cargo at BRU and the place in the world that BRU has for it. Uhnfortunately the number of pax and movements isn't big enough to get BRU on that list. Still a nice site! It is normally also updated every month (lately it takes slightly longer).

Greets,

Pieter

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Thanks for the link Flybe,

Interesting overview ... BRU is doing better en better in the ranking

Danny

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Very intersting link indeed...
DannyVDB wrote:Interesting overview ... BRU is doing better en better in the ranking
They have to be as good as they can, so they can be sold at a good price later this year :!:

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Brussels National Airport

22,400 movements were recorded in May 2004, which is an increase of 2.71 % compared to the same month of 2003 (21,808 movements). In May 2002, six months after the Sabena bankruptcy, we registered 22,937 movements. In May 2001, we registered a total of no less than 28,129 movements.

http://www.belgocontrol.be/pages/newsce ... 4#eng15-04

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Finally, BIAC has updated their statistics: http://www.biac.be/statistics/

vflies

Post by vflies »

Sorry for being off-topic but I can't help wondering: does Blackhawk earn anything (as affiliate maybe?) from his/her advertising under each post?
And where do the Luchtzak mods stand on this issue?

I have to admit I find it a little "invasive"!

VFlies

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

vflies wrote:Sorry for being off-topic but I can't help wondering: does Blackhawk earn anything (as affiliate maybe?) from his/her advertising under each post?
And where do the Luchtzak mods stand on this issue?

I have to admit I find it a little "invasive"!

VFlies
I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Blackhawk gets twice as much from SN Brussels Airlines as you get from Delta... :wink:

vflies

Post by vflies »

LOL Ozzie!

Still I see that the ads have now been removed from under each of his message... :-)

(end of my off-topic break. sorry for the intrusion)

VFlies