Business Class Flat-Bed

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Whose Business Flat Seats r the best

Total votes: 0

Concorde777steward

Business Class Flat-Bed

Post by Concorde777steward »

I've tried SQ new Raffles from SIN to PEN last year. (They sold it as First Class) & BA new Club World between SIN & SYD earlier this year. I like both of them. SQ new Raffles seat is incredibly wide. However i still prefer BA new Club World as it give us more privacy & it is the only carrier which to provide the REAL lie flat seat in business class before VS introduced their new Upper Suite in April 2004.

**For those who already tried the new Virgin Atlantic Airways new Upper Suite & South African Airways new lie-flat Business class, can u please write your comment here ?

Thank you.

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

I've never sat in a lie-flat seat. I've flown Garuda Premium Class, but that isn't a lie-flat seat. The only seats I can talk are the KLM World Bussiness Class seats in the B777.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/453941/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/491240/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/446091/M/

They looks good to me, but people they've experied them, are not so happy about it. The seat include an AVOD-system, telephone, Laptop input, back massage system, adjustable headrests...etc. People like the AVOD-system and the rest of the 'toys' of the seats, but they complaining about how small the seat is and about the middle seat in the middle section. It feels very cramped if you sit there when the person in front and the persons next to you reclines the seat. I can imagine that. I've heard somewhere that they will remove that middle seat of all B777, but that was only said by a purser. But for the rest you have plenty much room for yourself. I think KLM missed their chance to improve their service concerning seats. People still prefer the rather primitive seats on the B747/B767/MD-11.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/234221/M/

;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Although I flew transatlantic and Japan a lot in C class in the past, I still have to make my first flight with a flat bad. Therefore, I am unable to participate in the poll. I am not sure many other of our readers can...
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Never experienced the airliners in C-class mentioned in the poll. I only used KLM, SN, SNBA and Swissair in C-class. All of them had a semi-flat 'bed'. In SNBA or SN seats were reclining 155°. Is there a big difference with a 'real flat bed'? Is there a big price difference? I liked very much the semi flat beds of SNBA: I slept very well ...

:lol: :wink: Danny

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

A 'real flat bed' is able to recline a practical horizontal position. I don't know if there's is a difference in price. I personally think it is, because a flat bad is more luxurious than a normal seat and the maintainance of those seats asks a very good tension. ;)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

sn26567 wrote:Although I flew transatlantic and Japan a lot in C class in the past, I still have to make my first flight with a flat bad. Therefore, I am unable to participate in the poll. I am not sure many other of our readers can...
Indeed Andre.

However I am ready to post a report on a flight on those nice seats IF a generous member is ready to offer me a return ticket. :wink:

Regards

BeN :idea:

jgp

Post by jgp »

does EK have flat bed on their new A340-500s(business class)?

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

ANA has in business class a flatbed to know only the pitch is a bit to down , people say but for the rest it is an ok bed and i flown in it when i dh out of nrt when i was sick ... it was really nice but made for 1m80 and not 1m85 , had to bend l\egs a bit ...

greets

it is on B747-400

jgp

Post by jgp »

yeah i saw the ad...looks good!