Brussels Airlines : pilots strike looming

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

papysn

Re: Brussels Airlines : pilots strike looming

Post by papysn »

Hi,

You're not answering my question Sean,i'm not talking about FR or any other airline anywhere in the world,I'm also not saying that there's not 1000 poeple waiting at the door.... this is not the point...
What i am saying is that that kind of management is crap and leading to poeple being highly demotivated...
It has to change as it leads nowhere!
Being part of a group,being recognised as a add value,that's (for me)management...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

for me to, but that's not today's reality. I'm mentioning other airlines because it's everywhere the same. At least in SN you have some advantages that nobody else in Belgium has. I would be happy about that instead of the arrogance that the pilots are showing today.

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

Let's be honest Sean. If nobody strikes at FR, it's because there is no union, and you'd be fired the next day.
Something that wouldn't happen under belgian law. Ryanair brand is strong enough to support a strike or two.

papysn

Post by papysn »

Arrogance is coming from the management,desperation from the emplyees....
You know that when you thing you'have nothing to lose anymore,then it can become nasty!!
Can you give me more info about those "wonderfull" advantages given by SN

Regards.
K.
Last edited by papysn on 18 Nov 2013, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

maybe partly true, but you would be surprised how low the will to strike would be at FR. In most European countries striking is "not done" and a lot of my colleagues are from those countries. Don't bite the hand that feeds you kinda thing.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

I really hope that the strike is solving something and i really symphatize with the pilots. In my company there is no union (the company is too small) at all and there is also a serious lack of respect. But i found the solution. I decided to quit flying and doing another job. Another monkey can take the yoke now from me in return to be treated like shit. I hope that other pilots will have the same courage as me to do the same. (there are still good non aviation companies outthere).

Good lucks guys (and girls)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

papysn wrote:Arrogance is coming from the management,desperation from the emplyees....
You know that when you thing you'have nothing to lose anymore,then it can become nasty!!
Can you give me more info about those "wonderfull" advantages given by SN

Regards.
K.
Go and ask your Thomas cook and JAF colleagues ;)

papysn

Post by papysn »

Hi again,

Sean,can you give us more info about those advantages given by Bru air you're talking about.

Once again,i'm not talking about JAF or any other airline,i'm talking about Bruair.
You know, people are working for 100€/month in other contry,it is not a reason to take them as exemple!!!!

You give always the same answers...,not happy,go away.... Or "it can be worse",pls Sean,be positiv,yes it can be worse,but we need to drive Bruair for a better!
Last edited by papysn on 18 Nov 2013, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I'm saying compare what YOU have at SN with other Belgian aviation employees. If you refuse that, you are even more arrogant then I thought striking today.

papysn

Post by papysn »

Sean,

I'm not striking today'...
But maybe,you're working for Bruair communication when giving those kind of answers.
Please open your mind...i want this cy to be the best,i don't want to compare with any less or more Lucky colleague...

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Ah, another topic been 1982'd... :roll:
sean1982 wrote:The unions are retards, and by extension all pilots that follow them as well. They drove sabena into the ground and are well on their way to so the same now. I hope LH draws it's conclusions.
Sure, it was all the pilot's & union's fault.. Please read some books on SABENA before brainfarting this utter nonsense..

And by LH-conclusions, I'm sure you have the best in mind as action right? These utter 1982-hate replies are ruining this site, IMHO....

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

me? working for SN? no, I've been working for FR for 11 years already. And even like it.
Maybe you already have the best you can get? If you don't want to compare with the other Belgian companies then you are wearing eyepatches ... that's your choice, just not very smart if you ask me.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Squelsh wrote:Ah, another topic been 1982'd... :roll:
sean1982 wrote:The unions are retards, and by extension all pilots that follow them as well. They drove sabena into the ground and are well on their way to so the same now. I hope LH draws it's conclusions.
Sure, it was all the pilot's & union's fault.. Please read some books on SABENA before brainfarting this utter nonsense..

And by LH-conclusions, I'm sure you have the best in mind as action right? These utter 1982-hate replies are ruining this site, IMHO....
Go and read somewhere else then Squelsh, has nothing to do with hate. If you would have put your reading glasses on you would have read something completely different. Not that I care in the slightest.

I would invite you to go into dialogue with sensible arguments if you don't agree with me instead of taking a personal shot as someone who says something you don't like. You should have gone into politics.
Last edited by sean1982 on 18 Nov 2013, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

papysn

Post by papysn »

Sean,

Life is maybe not as clear and evident as you think....
Sabena has been sacrified by politicians ,not by Unions

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I'm not talking about SABENA, I'm talking about the BruAir. Sabena is done and dusted, and I would have hoped employees at SN would have cared enough about their job not to hurt their company by going on strike, leaving their customers in the cold, costing their company hands full of money at a time when they most need it, sending a really bad message to a shareholder that has to make very important decisions in the year ahead. Anyone who thinks that this is the best solution is not in their right mind.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Some seem to forget that we're not talking here about a healthy company, but about an airline with:
79.793.412 Euro loss in 2011
60.661.732 Euro loss in 2012
73.840.765 Euro reported loss (31/12/2012)

Annual report 2012 page 40: "in order to finance the strategic plan and to protect the cash position, Brussels Airlines received access to a credit line of max 100 mio Euro, offered by Deutsche Lufthansa AG"

Anyone an idea about how much this strike will add to the loss?

Anyone an idea how Lufthansa's shareholders feel about this loss?

papysn

Post by papysn »

Ok for Sabena,leave it where it is.....
About Bru air,as i told you despairation can lead everywhere,even to the worst!
strike is for me the wrong but only possible way...due to wrong management strategies!

About the numbers given....ok the cy is in bad shape,but to get a good cy you need first a decent basic investment,wich was never given to Bruair....invest if you want to build for the futur,if you just want to do trading,it's another story...

But positive attitude,driven by good management can lead to the best,so please at Bruair,adapt your management strategies....and go for the best!

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

papysn wrote:Sean,

Life is maybe not as clear and evident as you think....
Sabena has been sacrified by politicians ,not by Unions
What!!!!! SABENA had in all his history only 3 years where it was profitable!?!?!?
SABENA was saved by politics for more than 70 years Allo la terre!!!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Overview cancelled flights

SN 2821 Brussels - Budapest (sorry for the member who announced here that he booked this flight)
SN 2822 Budapest - Brussels
SN 2711 Brussels - Geneva
SN 2712 Geneva - Brussels
SN 3631 Brussels - Paris
SN 3632 Paris - Brussels
SN 3721 Brussels - Madrid
SN 3722 Madrid - Brussels
SN 2581 Brussels - Berlin
SN 2582 Berlin - Brussels
SN 2623 Brussels - Hamburg
SN 2624 Hamburg - Brussels
SN 2809 Brussels - Prague
SN 2810 Prague - Brussels
SN 3587 Brussels - Lyon
SN 3588 Lyon - Brussels
SN 3127 Brussels - Milan Linate
SN 3128 Milan Linate - Brussels
SN 2303 Brussels - Stockholm
SN 2304 Stockholm - Brussels
SN 501 Brussels - New York (apparently the only long§haul. African flights are operated.)
SN 502 New York - Brussels

SN 3667 Brussels - Toulouse
SN 3668 Toulouse - Brussels
SN 2835 Brussels - Moscow
SN 2836 Moscow - Brussels
SN 3815 Brussels - Lisbon
SN 3816 Lisbon - Brussels
SN 2371 Brussels - Vilnius
SN 2372 Vilnius - Brussels
SN 3703 Brussels - Barcelona
SN 3704 Barcelona - Brussels
SN 3727 Brussels - Madrid
SN 3728 Madrid - Brussels
SN 2045 Brussels - Birmingham
SN 2046 Birmingham - Brussels
SN 2259 Brussels - Copenhagen
SN 2260 Copenhagen - Brussels
SN 3621 Brussels - Nice
SN 3622 Nice - Brussels
André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

I guess JFK was cancelled as those pax could be easily transfered to other flights?