Belgocontrol in serious difficulties, 1000 jobs in limbo...

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Airbusvsboeing

Re: Belgocontrol in serious difficulties, 1000 jobs in limbo

Post by Airbusvsboeing »

Okay,

What do you propose? Let anyone who uses the Flight information service pay?
Let them choose for simple info or for traffic advisory service?
The en route traffic is paying en route charges... Even above fl245 when in contact with muac...

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

I don't know, just asking questions and mentioning some other concerns than just regional vs enroute..

For example, would it cost a lot to Belgocontrol to take back its upper airspace ? (I think we are the only country delegating whole the upper airspace to MUAC).

If I remember well, an audit was performed pointing out management problems... maybe there's some money over there.
Lacking of money can be solved by spending less, or better. Not only with getting more...

Airbusvsboeing

Post by Airbusvsboeing »

Lvnl is also delegating its entire airspace to muac... If i am not mistakng...

Atco EBBR

Post by Atco EBBR »

Not only lvnl... Muac controlls everything above fl245 overhead Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and north-west Germany.
If I remember well, an audit was performed pointing out management problems... maybe there's some money over there.
Lacking of money can be solved by spending less, or better. Not only with getting more...
That's true up to a certain extent... In fact, Belgocontrol has cut its losses from 19 mio € two, 17 mio € in 2011 to 15 mio € in 2012. And not to forget, those haven't been the best years in aviation history... I can't say if more can be done to reduce costs even furthter in non-ops, but in ATC I don't think so. Over the past few years the number of active controllers per shift has been reduced. Mostly due to the entry into service of CANAC², which no longer required the assistant controller, but also the number of radar/tower controllers has been reduced...