First Etihad Airways flight to Amsterdam.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

quixoticguide

First Etihad Airways flight to Amsterdam.

Post by quixoticguide »

Amsterdam joins a group of 17 leading European cities that Etihad Airways flies

The inaugural flight of Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has taken off for the Netherlands’ capital, Amsterdam. Flight EY77, carrying the KL code of Dutch national carrier, KLM, departed Abu Dhabi airport on schedule at 9.30am local time today, Wednesday 15 May. The launch of the service is another important development in the strategic partnership between Etihad Airways and KLM. First announced in October 2012, the partnership involves the two airlines codesharing on multiple routes across each other’s networks.

The daily service between Abu Dhabi and Amsterdam complements KLM’s flights on that route, which carries Etihad Airways’ EY code, ensuring the two airlines will offer a combined double daily service from the summer.

Amsterdam joins a group of 17 leading European cities that Etihad Airways flies to including Brussels, Dublin, Frankfurt, Geneva, London and Paris.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

LJ

Re: First Etihad Airways flight to Amsterdam.

Post by LJ »

quixoticguide wrote:The daily service between Abu Dhabi and Amsterdam complements KLM’s flights on that route, which carries Etihad Airways’ EY code, ensuring the two airlines will offer a combined double daily service from the summer.
And the 6 weekly GA flight (which nowadays stops at AUH instead of DXB).

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

LJ wrote: And the 6 weekly GA flight (which nowadays stops at AUH instead of DXB).
I think GA flies four times a week between AMS and AUH?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

LJ

Post by LJ »

quixoticguide wrote:
LJ wrote: And the 6 weekly GA flight (which nowadays stops at AUH instead of DXB).
I think GA flies four times a week between AMS and AUH?
Yes, until June 21st it will be 4 times weekly, but thereafter 6 weekly.

theaviationwriter

Post by theaviationwriter »

I have some nice photos of this inaugural flight - will let you know once I post them online!