Brussels Airlines new service in b.flex : doritos ?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OO-ITR

Re: Brussels Airlines new service in b.flex : doritos ?

Post by OO-ITR »

airazurxtror wrote: As you say, Doritos Airlines sure could steal pax from Ryanair.
coming from the sales rep of Slavery Airlines

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

OO-ITR wrote:airazurxtror wrote:
And then make the website a bit more easy to use : see Vueling or easyJet, where you can look at once to the fares of three weeks or even a full month.

Have you been looking at SN's website??? OMG! You will burn in hell WHOEHAHAHAHAAA
Dorito airlines's website is indeed a mess and amateurish.
The buttons aren't clear and they're all over the page.
The domain name is way too long too, unless you know that flysn.com redirects you. free advice! :lol:
cnc wrote:Flanker wrote:
So according to you, the other 130 pax, some who might be connecting onto other flights or trains, or need to be somewhere, should experience an undefined delay? Oups... forgot about them

this is why there is communication between airlines/handlers at different airports, why after every flight is closed in DCS an LDM, PSM, PTM etc is send, why pilots contact the handling company via freq...
full service carriers have multiple options to fix such problems unlike most LCC's
All airlines and handlers use sita communications to send the relevant information, this is also the case at CRL. I'm not sure what options full service carriers have unlike LCC's. An extra free bag of Dorito's?

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Flanker wrote:All airlines and handlers use sita communications to send the relevant information, this is also the case at CRL. I'm not sure what options full service carriers have unlike LCC's. An extra free bag of Dorito's?
no they just wait 10 mins for the pax... ;)

cnc

Post by cnc »

Flanker wrote: All airlines and handlers use sita communications to send the relevant information, this is also the case at CRL. I'm not sure what options full service carriers have unlike LCC's. An extra free bag of Dorito's?
full service carriers actually anticipate on them... if there's an inbound flight with pax who are about to miss their connecting flight due to delay we prepare everything on ground to get them ASAP to the aircraft when landed and let the aircraft wait at the gate if needed. if the delay is too big we start looking to reroute them or put them on a flight of one of our partners... btw i have yet to see the first PTM for an FR flight. they wouldn't even provide extra info on the LDM or PSM as to where your baggage is loaded knowing you need an other flight upon arrival :roll:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
OO-ITR wrote:I agree but what will you do with the flights during lunch and dinner hours...There the pax receive a meal.
cathay belgium wrote:just like LH BTW..
Don't think 'the meal' is that much of a cost increase these flights a bit ( @cost ) giving all the meal and free drink... like in the good old days ?
Giving everybody what they want.. streamline LH-LX-SN-OS...
This cost won't raise that much the fare.. publicity with free meal and free luggage and the real destinations guess who's the low fare airline.. ( yet without flexibility offcourse.. ) for 99,- euro flight ??

FR can't beat this...
including drink-meals-main airports- and for a higher price more timesshedules..
If SN have the right equipment/planes for serving this ...
OO-ITR wrote:oh and some members on here claim that pax travel WITHOUT luggage
Indeed,these pax still exist but ain't worth fighting for... these pax won't travel SN anyway...
give this pax. to FR and let them fly around europe for less than 50 euros..
If europe ever decides that this LCC must pay their own use of traffic control, stop every subsidies they
will running out of cash faster than any other bankrupted company...
They can live only under this protection..
don't coem up even with a kerosine tax,CO2 emissions and other eco-taxes.. in the future..

Okay,they create low cost jobs for how long ?
If economy will further downsize this travelling will drop fast and also these jobs will be gone..
FR grow has already stopped..
airazurxtror wrote:First, they have the big advantage of flying from Brussels, easy access, a large city with a big tank of customers who would prefer not to drive 60 km to Charleroi.
They pay for this advantage, so the customers of SN ( see last well discussed topic about it )
airazurxtror wrote:But instead of promoting 69 or 99 euros return flights with a lot of conditions like a minimum stay, week-end, and so on - they should offer individual flights at a fixed price so that the traveller can arrange his trip as he wants : Vueling, Germanwings, easyJet do it from BRU, why not SN in Blight ?
And then make the website a bit more easy to use : see Vueling or easyJet, where you can look at once to the fares of three weeks or even a full month.
;)

Euh, NO ! ( altough I would like it also )
SN can't ... because they have a complete other plan about filling planes .. they need this flexible fares
to combine these flights with connections..
Dropping this, will lead to dropping their soul I guess..
SN isn't a LCC, they are a full service sometimes with dorito-touch airlines but they have to serve connections even around the globe.. Vueling/FR/Easy don't have connections... so they can do this.. doesn't matter for them..
SN has feeds from connections AND sole travellers..
On the flight from FRA BTW how many pax.. stays at FRA... not 10 of +100 !! ( indeed LH codeshared SN )

But I agree SN website could be better, especially the price of choosen flights often raises on the next page with extras...of what anywy ??

Do I critise FR or other LCC ? No, .. it's just the way it is..
Do I use them, YES !
Do I prefer SN, YES !

Cx-B ;)
New types flown 2022.. A339

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

cnc wrote:
Flanker wrote: All airlines and handlers use sita communications to send the relevant information, this is also the case at CRL. I'm not sure what options full service carriers have unlike LCC's. An extra free bag of Dorito's?
full service carriers actually anticipate on them... if there's an inbound flight with pax who are about to miss their connecting flight due to delay we prepare everything on ground to get them ASAP to the aircraft when landed and let the aircraft wait at the gate if needed. if the delay is too big we start looking to reroute them or put them on a flight of one of our partners... btw i have yet to see the first PTM for an FR flight. they wouldn't even provide extra info on the LDM or PSM as to where your baggage is loaded knowing you need an other flight upon arrival :roll:
A flight doesn't wait for its pax unless the delay is predictable.

But you can figure that out by yourself, I don't care as I will never fly with Dorito Airlines anymore. The aircraft seem to be falling apart and they have some cowboy pilots, although fa's are on average better.
Thanks but no thanks.
I'll take my earplugs and look forward to my next on-time Ryanair flight for 15 euro's all-in.

cnc

Post by cnc »

Flanker wrote: A flight doesn't wait for its pax unless the delay is predictable.
when talking about a connecting flight we already know the delay since we have an ETA and we contact our crew.
in case a group is still missing 5min before closing checking we try to contact them.
Flanker wrote: and they have some cowboy pilots, although fa's are on average better.
FR pilots are better? :roll:
i enjoyed your idea's in the past but these last topics you go way out of line.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Concerning the pilots : didn't noticed any difference ever between any airlines,
altough the aer lingus guys gave me the smoothest landing ever and sobelair the steepest take-off..
but this is part of different circumstances I guess..

The first pax which has reasons to claim a bad flight don't have usually lot time/ life left to complain the pilot :lol:

Indeed this remark doesn't make sense.. if so explain how you come to this...

NCB,Flanker.. first you say you work for SN and now you're going this way,strange moves..

Let us keep remarks on topic before we're getting -again- moderated and off topic with personal attacks to eachother..

CXB

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

(..) they have some cowboy pilots, although fa's are on average better.
Where did you grab this one from? Thin air?
Weird that the FA's are better, heard that at FR they get paid REAL good, so I'd expect 110% commitment there, or more..

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Catering on board will change again with the start of summer season!
The pathetic Doritos will disappear :)
Best regards,

Airbuske

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

I love doritos, first time a tasted them was in 1984 in NYC, I was 15 years old and it was my first encounter with these wonderful corn chips...they arrived much later in europe, although we already had the chipitos, the taste of the dorito's is unforgetable...
Good thing is that nowaday's they fried the dorito's in healthy frying oil(?), so you can eat them as much as you want, personnaly i like to dip them in spinach or mexican dipping sauce.

What about you?
:D
:D

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

airbuske wrote:Catering on board will change again with the start of summer season!
The pathetic Doritos will disappear
Any idea what will replace the Doritos ?
In favor of quality air travel.

earthman

Post by earthman »

A piece of wood to chew on.

b720

Post by b720 »

SN2722 dep. GVA at 21:00 B.Flex DORITOS!! had that last night... rather inappropriate though given the price
of the ticket for this 55 min flight.. cheapest selling at EURO 168 One way.. they should at least offer a sandwich..does not cost more than the choice of doritos or pathetic looking pre-packed lotus frangipane cake.
or the other option is that they should phase out B.flex all together.. serve the doritos in b.lite.. and expand B.business as a combination of the current Business and b.flex class.. in service and price..

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Air Key West wrote:
airbuske wrote:Catering on board will change again with the start of summer season!
Depending on the duration of the flight: sandwich / hot wrap / meal.
Best regards,

Airbuske

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airbuske wrote:
Air Key West wrote:
Depending on the duration of the flight: sandwich / hot wrap / meal.
I would add, as suggested before, a platter of fresh fruit to choose from. I remember some flights of SN Brussels Airlines where I got fresh fruit, like apples, cut and wrapped in plastic.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

sn26567 wrote:I remember some flights of SN Brussels Airlines where I got fresh fruit, like apples, cut and wrapped in plastic.
The Chiquita branded pre-cut fruit pots, you mean?
Those are disgusting. The apples and grape taste funny, like the sweet fructose was sucked out of them to make them last longer. I don't know what makes them lose their sweetness (no it's not the altitude), perhaps some conservants they spray to avoid the glucose breaking down and rotting, but they look much better than they taste.

What's wrong with serving a pair of whole grape fruit, apples, oranges, banana's or grapes at the customer's choice?
Does it have to be artificial?

It's that simple and yet it seems to be such a big challenge. :roll:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
Flanker wrote:Those are disgusting.
Many different people have many different opinions...
I liked the apple parts BTW..
Flanker wrote:What's wrong with serving a pair of whole grape fruit, apples, oranges, banana's or grapes?

Whole grape fruits ? haha
Guess these must be treathed as a lethal weapon..
Both oranges which I carried for my daughter were 'caught' and 'destroyed' at security check @BRU :roll:

So you wanna serve a lethal weapon during flight ? :lol:

Guess these cut up parts are less lethal than the whole fruit...

Serving fruit could also be difficult by entry in some countries..
( altough SN yet flies to Australia..don't now about similar procedures in european countries )
Flanker wrote:Does it have to be artificial?
Euh.. guess yess.. because people don't like cutting up fruit with plastic knives..
And healthy food isn't appreciated anymore these days..

I'll still opt for a Kinder Buono and a coffee ;) or a tuna sandwich but this could already be too expensive :roll:

CX-B

cityflyer001

Post by cityflyer001 »

This weekend my wife and I were flying BRU-BIO/BIO-BRU in b.flex and I can confirm.... no more Doritos. Officially, the BRU-BIO lap takes 2h05, so everybody received a hot meal. The way back is only 1H45 of flying, so the b.flex passengers got again a hot meal and free newspapers. Passengers in b.light could purchase drinks and snacks. I know the reputation of airline meals, but the meals offered by SN were very tasty (and I know what I am talking about).
So thumbs up for SN, nice service, efficient and friendly crew.
Loadfactor (estimate):
BRU-BIO - RJ 85 (OO-DWA): 75 %
BIO-BRU - RJ 100: 95 %

Cityflyer