brussels airlines to New York!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fets

Re: brussels airlines to New York!

Post by fets »

regi wrote:
azingrew wrote:CDG2-CDG1 ( Bus ) 20'..
CDG ? Nuke it. :twisted:
Why didn't you take CDGVAL? IIRC you can just take the elevators up from the TGV station to the CDGVAL.

In 2009 we arrived at 11:38 at CDG2 with the TGV, and were at the check-in desk in at CDG1 around 12:05. This was after check-in time (us-bound flight, left at 13:00), but the check-in staff let us through anyway after we showed them our TGV tickets :-) I fondly remember they added a red tag like "last luggage" and had a guy haul our luggage on a cart (not the automatic system!) to the plane.

regi

Post by regi »

fets wrote:
regi wrote:
azingrew wrote:CDG2-CDG1 ( Bus ) 20'..
CDG ? Nuke it. :twisted:
Why didn't you take CDGVAL? IIRC you can just take the elevators up from the TGV station to the CDGVAL.

In 2009 we arrived at 11:38 at CDG2 with the TGV, and were at the check-in desk in at CDG1 around 12:05. This was after check-in time (us-bound flight, left at 13:00), but the check-in staff let us through anyway after we showed them our TGV tickets :-) I fondly remember they added a red tag like "last luggage" and had a guy haul our luggage on a cart (not the automatic system!) to the plane.
I simply followed the signs.
But some things have changed in the mean time. Seriously, I don't wish the dreadful experience to happen to other people. Good that you had a quick connection with assistance. ( but the assistance proves that there IS a problem between Term2 and term 1...)
Anyway, I think that CDG is in the same league as other very large airports with bus/train transfers between terminals. It causes confusion, implements longer transfer times.
Just another example: how many complaints have there not been about transfering between International Terminal at Johannesburg and domestic terminal , involving a walk outside in the heat/cold/rain/sun...
For single, experienced travellers it is feasable because they are used to be flexible. But what about the occasional traveller who doesn't read/speak English? ( majority of the world )

azingrew

Post by azingrew »

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience Regi, but you seems to have a brain irrigation problem when it comes to understanding Signs. The TGV - CDG1 connections is very very clearly indicated and as for your assumption that if there IS an assistance, then there MUST be problems, come on. Remember, "Fets" arrived at the train station at 11.38. for a 1 PM to the US flight, (not Limoge) and he made it thanks to " Aeroport de Paris" 's assistance. And that's bad news.?? As for your comments about Joburg whitch has signs, in English to your horrified amazement!!!. What do you expect, signs in every language of the planet for the " occasional" travellers? Regi, you come accross as a spoiled brat who seems to systematically critizise everything. A "dreadful experience" is when you loose your job, not when you have to change terminal in dodgy conditions I'd say.
As for Flanker, "Air France is not interested in them" ( low yeld passenger) AF is just as interested as every other airline in filing the planes. When I had my travel agency in Miami, we were litteraly bombarded with faxes ( I know: faxes=jurassic park)with special offers from AF for all their gateways in the US. Wholesaler and consolidator all over Europe have the same now and with an average of 52% connecting passengers, you've got to believe, that If you take any AF Long Haul flight you'll see as many back packers than on other airlines . They are simply better dressed (Lol). I have just re-read my comments, maybe it's time to switch to decaff.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

To come back to the topic, would you bet on BRU-JFK rather than BRU-EWR?

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:To come back to the topic, would you bet on BRU-JFK rather than BRU-EWR?
Yes, AFAIK EWR was never an option due to the good performance of CO/UA on the route and possible 2nd daily flight to/from EWR.

And, as I said some time ago, the management was/is evaluating 2 terminals at JFK to operate from.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

HighInTheSky wrote:And, as I said some time ago, the management was/is evaluating 2 terminals at JFK to operate from.
T1 (LH, OS, CA & TK) or T4 (OZ, MS, LO, SQ, SA & LX), I suppose ? ;)

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Airbus A330 wrote:
HighInTheSky wrote:And, as I said some time ago, the management was/is evaluating 2 terminals at JFK to operate from.
T1 (LH, OS, CA & TK) or T4 (OZ, MS, LO, SQ, SA & LX), I suppose ? ;)
Indeed ;)

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I know that the sales for the NY flights has been postponed.
Do they have problems with obtaining a good slot?
Best regards,

Airbuske

brusselsairlinesfan

Sales for this flight were supposed to start right now?

Bralo20

BRU summer 2012: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

And still no news from the upcoming NYC route...

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: BRU summer 2012: latest news, routes, airlines

A dedicated topic about the brussels airlines NYC does already exist but... is this flight still in SN plans for the summer season?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:A dedicated topic about the brussels airlines NYC does already exist but... is this flight still in SN plans for the summer season?
Maybe problems with getting the right slots? Recently, around the time of the IATA conference in Singapore, I read something that SN was still looking for suitable slots at JFK. If they wouldn't find suitable slots at JFK on their own, they would try to get them through their Star Alliance/Atlantic ++ partners.
So I assume SN hoped to find good slots at the IATA conference, so they could announce the flights shortly after that (so around this time). But maybe SN didn't found the slots they want and they are now trying to find slots in another way (through their partners for example).

Anyway, just a guess, and I'm quite sure there is a good explanation for it. And I'm also quite sure SN will launch flights to JFK as planned anyway. It's not that they are in such an urgent need to announce the route that this delay will affect their whole plan. The route will be launched in June, not March/April, in that case I would say it is indeed urgent. (remember in 2010 the new routes to Africa were announced in February and launched in early July, but ok, I assume they want to start bookings to NYC earlier due to much more competition)

brusselsairlinesfan

Thanks for your contribution... I'll try to catch the 1st flight!

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Bralo20 wrote:And still no news from the upcoming NYC route...
Slots are requested as following

SN501 BRU - JFK STD: 1025LT
SN502 JFK - BRU STA: 0740LT

Edit: flights should be starting 01/06/2012

Bralo20

BRU summer 2012: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

Brubiac wrote:

SN001/002 would have been nice(r) :mrgreen:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi Bralo ,

Indeed but more the truth must be BRU-FIH SN001 no ?

Does SN have a SN001 BTW ?

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Brubiac wrote: Slots are requested as following

So, as soon as (if) SN start this flight we will have the following to JFK:

AA171 : 10 AM
9W226: 10.15 AM
SN501: 10.25 AM
DL141: 10.45 AM

Adding the UA EWR flight and assuming AA will stay in BRU that's an incredible amount of options to fly to NYC next summer. :mrgreen:

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

cathay belgium wrote: Does SN have a SN001 BTW ?
No, they don't.

brusselsairlinesfan

Brubiac wrote:
Bralo20 wrote:And still no news from the upcoming NYC route...

That is very interesting... would you be kind to post it also in the dedicated SN/NYC topic please?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Flights should be starting 01/06/2012