UK's Monarch Airlines cancels order for 6 B787s

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

UK's Monarch Airlines cancels order for 6 B787s

Post by sn26567 »

UK's Monarch Airlines cancels its entire order for 6 Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

This might be good news for Boeing: they certainly get some compensation for the cancellation, and it reduces the backlog, thus the delay for the aircraft.

More: http://t.co/lj9Usr5
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: UK's Monarch Airlines cancels order for 6 B787s

Post by regi »

sn26567 wrote:UK's Monarch Airlines cancels its entire order for 6 Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

This might be good news for Boeing: they certainly get some compensation for the cancellation, and it reduces the backlog, thus the delay for the aircraft.

I don't want to attack you, but I can not imagine that Boeing would really be happy about this cancellation.
The end game is that they lost a customer of 6 new airplanes. And despite they can lay their hand on some deposited cash, and despite it relieves some steam off the delivery backlog, it is still a cancellation. :(

earthman

Post by earthman »

So Monarch decides to focus more on short-haul. Would the decision have been the same if the 787 would have had no delays? When was the first one due to be delivered anyway?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

earthman wrote:So Monarch decides to focus more on short-haul. Would the decision have been the same if the 787 would have had no delays? When was the first one due to be delivered anyway?
When they ordered it was planned that they would get the first one in 2010. Now it was something like 2014. So maybe they wouldn't have changed their plans without the delays. But it's also possible that they waited longer to take a decision about the long haul division because they had plenty of time 'thanks' to the delays.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

regi wrote:
sn26567 wrote:UK's Monarch Airlines cancels its entire order for 6 Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

I don't want to attack you, but I can not imagine that Boeing would really be happy about this cancellation.
The end game is that they lost a customer of 6 new airplanes. And despite they can lay their hand on some deposited cash, and despite it relieves some steam off the delivery backlog, it is still a cancellation. :(
By 2009 Boeing had 910 orders of the 787 . Today it is reduced to at least 821.
It means a cancellation of 89 B-787 Dreamliner or - 10% of the total order within 2 years.
I wouldn't be happy with this evolution.

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

What about the 787 aircrafts for Jetairfly?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
Shanti wrote:What about the 787 aircrafts for Jetairfly?
euh aircrafts ? ONE !

It should arrive in a year of 2/3 as mentionned in another topic,..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Is it really sure with 100% about this cancellation?

I ask because I was end of October in their office for an assesment day, and they explained us a lot of thing about their fleet, and from what they said they still waiting for 6 Boeing 787... or maybe it's just an option?