K3 - now on thomas cook plane!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

EBAW

K3 - now on thomas cook plane!

Post by EBAW »

hvs89

Re: K3 - now on thomas cook plane!

Post by hvs89 »

Another link : http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail ... 110603_121

And in french (I think there are some words missing...) : http://www.facebook.com/notes/thomas-co ... 1646924240

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

Indeed, on OO-TCN !

arianne

Post by arianne »

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

they did a flashmob at BRU yesterday, probably to promote it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKfRMgCE ... ture=share

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

K3, who are they ?
Belgium: one point. :roll:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

K3 is the best thing for my kid and others kids in belgium since ages and even i can get their melodies out of my mind so they definately deserve their plane so as plop piet piraat TC stands for family holidays so its brilliant to give their plane such a livery good job tc and offcourse people without children of extrabelgiums could never understand the goal of these liveries but i hope a lot to come brings a bit life in belgium planeliveries cx/b
New types flown 2022.. A339

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

liege-bierset wrote: K3, who are they ?

Belgium: one point.
K3 stands for Karen, Kirsten and Kathleen. Three young ladies who started a musical group about ten years ago, aiming for the age group 1y-12y. Excellent clientele: their parents and grandparents buy K3 cd's, K3 clothings, K3 shoes, K3 bicycles, tickets for K3 shows, ... K3 is backed by Studio 100, one of the strongest media groups in Flanders. K3 is extremely popular in Flanders and in the Netherlands. Those who don't like their songs, don't dislike them (very important: K3 has no negative publicity).

Reason why Thomas Cook Airlines did this : the coverage THC now gets in the Flemish and Dutch media (television, radio, newspapers, magazines) is 100 times bigger then the costs from painting OO-TCN and paying royalties to K3 and Studio 100.

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Interesting allegation. And how -exactly- do you measure the return on investment ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

TCAS_climb wrote:Interesting allegation. And how -exactly- do you measure the return on investment ?
Just for the 2 variety programs on Flemish tv, they've got 6,5 minutes prime time: 4 minutes on VTM (kind of RTL) and 2,5 minutes on VRT (counterpart RTBf). I haven't counted the number of times that "Thomas Cook" was said, nor the number of times that the branch name was shown on tv. But presence was multiple, so value of this prime time at an estimated cost for a publicity spot (5.000 euro/30 seconds) = 65.000 Euro.

4 minutes on VTM De Vrijdagshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfwKflem2dA
2,5 minutes on VRT De Rode Loper:
http://www.een.be/programmas/de-rode-lo ... e-lucht-in

And this is only for the 2 television programs. We can do the same calculation for the other broadcasts, for the newspapers, for the weekly magazines, for the youtube appearances, ...

- - -

(and for the K3 fans here: yes, I know that Kathleen has been replaced by Josje...)
(and yes, I know that VRT officially doens't accept tv publicity. But they do it - they just call it sponsoring or product placement or pps or "in collaboration with" or whatever)

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Thanks for your comments. ;)

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Ah, after ANA's Pokemon and EVA's Hello Kitty (even the boardingpass OMG) , why not.... uhm.. There is money to be earned, there are people who like it, and there is a question of good taste...

regi

Post by regi »

TCAS_climb wrote:Interesting allegation. And how -exactly- do you measure the return on investment ?
The never asked question in marketing !
Anyway, I was happy that my daughter didn't see the documentory. Otherways she would have yelled "Dad, I want to fly that airplane!"
Can you imagine that you go on a family holiday, and you watch a bit around A pier, feeling great as the house-father who organises and pays for the whole trip. To Egypt with Egypt Air for example.
And even before your departure, your child ruins the entire holiday by crying: "I don't want on that Egypt thing, I want a K3 !"

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

sometimes I wish there was a "I like" button on this forum. :)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

On Friday 3th June, THC organized a flashmob at the departure hall in BRU.

Check this Youtube, as maybe you have been filmed!

- -

And for those who don't their popularity in Flanders and the Netherlands: they have already 5.225.000 hits for this Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hza4sQ4NQ

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

OK, so we know a little bit more about the amount of money invested, about the amount of money that wasn"t invested... but it seems to me that we're still missing info on the amount of money actually generated just by that marketing campaign.

No, answers about the importance of branding and corporate image don't count. ;)

Someone, somewhere, must know the answer. Any idea ?

regi

Post by regi »

Passenger wrote:On Friday 3th June, THC organized a flashmob at the departure hall in BRU.

Check this Youtube, as maybe you have been filmed!

- -

And for those who don't their popularity in Flanders and the Netherlands: they have already 5.225.000 hits for this Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hza4sQ4NQ
OMG! If my daughter sees this, she gets absolutely bonkers!
"Dad, why was I not in that group?" ( she follows dance at school as well )

Great stunt by Thomas Cook. And so joyful , great way to start a holiday.

Air2D2

Post by Air2D2 »

It's a matter of strategy.
Some airlines invest in marketing. Great job !
Others prefer to invest in new aircraft.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Air2D2,

Indeed but TC did both as their fleet is going to be replaced quite soon as we could read on another topic at luchtzak ;)
Hope Plop,K3 are still on board with the new ones,next time I vote PIET PIRAAT !

Schip AHOY Piraatjes !

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

earthman

Post by earthman »

Kathleen, who left K3, wrote in her book how it's all about marketing and how they wear very short skirts on stage to please all those dads who were forced to accompany their kids to the shows - no wonder there's no negative publicity... ;)