What's your job/ What do you study?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

What's your job/ What do you study?

Post by sab319 »

I was wondering what aviation enthuasiasts do in normal life. Which jobs do they have, or if they still study, what do they study?

I'm studying Tourism, my dream is to become an FA.

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm studying Civil Engineer and will graduate in three years (hope so :) ) as a mechanical engineer specialized in aeronautics.

I would like to become a LAME ;) ;) and if my eyes are not tooo bad :( also a test pilot :D

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

My big number one love, apart from aviation of course, is veterinary medicine. Superb, varied and never boring. I spent all my spare time during school holidays helping in a vet clinic - cleaning cages out, taking the dogs for walks, watching and helping with operations, cleaning up after operations (the animals and the operating instruments), watching animals get treated in the clinic and going out on visits to farms to help treats cow and sheep. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!!

When you're a girl and you are interested in aviation, those who listen always say that you should go and be a flight attendant or something boring, but if you are a guy they say would you fancy being a pilot - that really makes me mad :evil: I would hate being in a job where I had to smile at everyone all day and serve drinks to them, I am much better doing something technical away from passengers. I would also have fancied being an aircraft mechanic - diagnosing mechanical faults is much like diagnosing medical faults :lol:

But I never achieved any of my ambitions. I failed to get into veterinary school ( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( ) and so I ended up doing marine biology because I thought it would be interesting (how wrong could I have been?) I graduated from university in 2002. In 2003 I went to a private local college and studied for an IT qualification, which I passed in February 2004. Now I am trying to get a job. At weekends in the summer I work in a museum.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Andries

Post by Andries »

Avro wrote:I'm studying Civil Engineer and will graduate in three years (hope so) as a mechanical engineer specialized in aeronautics.
Chris, where do you study this ? Not the KHBO at Ostend ???

I study Aviation at the KHBO in Ostend. It's the only school that offers a training in aviation (developpement & maintenance) in Flanders. There is a second school in Charleroi for the french speaking people in Belgium.
Next year they will also start a new branch for the people that study aviation. When you've done your second year and go on to the third year, you'll have 2 options :
:arrow: pilot training
:arrow: developpement & maintenance

I'm in my 1st year now and after this one, I have 2 more to go (if i get through the exams ... ) After that I will look for a job at EBBR with Sabena Technics, EAT, Lufthansa Technics, ... I hope to become a succesful aircraft mechanic.

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Last edited by Andries on 23 Mar 2004, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Jense

Post by Jense »

I'm studying Kantoor, my 4th year. I hope/dream to become an FA... (Maybe a collegue of Bart :wink: :?:)
greettzzz
Last edited by Jense on 23 Mar 2004, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I study communication sciences in Gent...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

CanonFreak wrote: Chris, where do you study this ? Not the KHBO at Ostend ???
It's not aircraft mechanic which I do, I do "burgelijke Ingenieur" at the university of Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL). There you can graduate as a mechanical Engineer with an aeronautical specialization.

Anyway, we'll maybe meet some day working for the same company like EAT, SN technics or LH Technik ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

I am Crew Scheduler & Planner for a real dutch airline, guess which one ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

A318 wrote:I am Crew Scheduler & Planner for a real dutch airline, guess which one ;)
Euhm, ..... seeing your avatar I would say KLM ;) ;)

Lame

Post by Lame »

LAME. :wink: :lol:

JetB

Post by JetB »

I graduated in advertisement but not worked once for an advertisement company :!: .

I was working in the automotive industry for some years, Logistics department. My colleges would always say "building cars sucks" I cant disagree on that one :wink: .

Had and still have a part time job working for GS Group Inc from San Diego, CA. As a tour planner / guide.

Started working part time for Securair at Brussels Airport and have a great time there. If I still feel good about this job in a few months, than I would even consider a full time position.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Chemical engineer. Formerly at the chemical/metallurgical lab (Bldg 22) of Sabena (now called Sabena Technics), than in the largest chemical company of Belgium (in Brussels and in New York), than at the UN (in Geneva), now in a European chemical federation.
Last edited by sn26567 on 24 Mar 2004, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

I studied electricity but immediatelly after school I started giving driving lessons. I still do ( in July 15 years ).
When I was 16 I wanted to become a traindriver but my eyes weren't good enough. :cry:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

I study industrial engineering (electronics, design techiques) @GroepT in Louvain. Looking for a place to do my thesis at the moment.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I study Human Sciences at the Royal Atheneum in Zaventem. Afterwards, I hope I can go to the KHBO (like Canonfreak) and study Aviation.

My dreamjob is to become Redcap.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

1st year architecture at the PHL in Diepenbeek...
Would love to become a pilot, but eyes aren't good enough :(

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

I have completed the theoretical course ATPL and I'm now flying to get my Frozen ATPL (with BAFA in Antwerp).

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Lots of interesting sounding studies and jobs there...

I have done some boring stuff like Civil Service, also been a nurse and now I work in a large town centre store.

What would I have liked to be? Like Comet, I would have liked to be a vet, but I wouldn't mind being a Rock star either!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rock:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I study physics in Louvain-la-Neuve. I'll graduate in june this year.

TriStar :)

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

I study commercial sciences in Brussels.

OO-VEX