Ages & Birthdays

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
twan01

Post by twan01 »

L-1011,

Why not making a competition to guess the age of Comet and VC-10.

The winners will have free drinks -payed by the losers- at the "Spottersmeet" in September, and if you say there will be "Sloeber" available too, than Comet will participate as well .... and than we just have to look after here answers. :D :D :D :D :D
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's funny to see everyone trying to find Comet's age :P

I'm sorry I'll have to dissapoint you all, but the game will stop now, since I have found the correct answer :twisted:

I did some research on this site and could find some clear hints ;)
https://www.aviation24.be/postx1841-0-0.html This is the link to Louise's first ever flight.

In that post she sais that she was four when travelling and that she would have flown on the Comet if British Airtours wouldn't have phased them out recently (in 1973). Instead she flew on the B707.

Conclusion: Comet is born on April the 16th 1970 and is 33 years old.

Mistery solved :dance: :kvole: :mexwave: :cheers:

Now we only have to find out VC-10's age ;) ;)

Greetz
Chris
:twisted:

Andries

Post by Andries »

Avro wrote: Conclusion: Comet is born on April the 16th 1970 and is 33 years old.
So it was JAWS 1 after all ... :lol:
Avro wrote:Now we only have to find out VC-10's age :wink: :wink:
Trisha, any hints on your year of birth ???

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris, CanonFreak and sab319 - you all deserve medals (I was impressed by the detective work of Chris and CanonFreak!) It gave us a good laugh and we let it continue for a little while, but I will put you out of your misery and say that 16th April 1970 is indeed correct :!:

You won't get VC10's age so easily though because there are no hints whatsoever provided on Luchtzak :lol:

Another hint I gave was to look at the photo of the aircraft in my Cyprus report. This required a bit of lateral thinking (or whatever you call it) because what I meant with that was to look up that photo on Airliners.net and read the details about it, which would have given a very big clue. The photo was taken in 1977 at Heathrow and therefore represented the livery of the airline as it was when we flew with them. There were loads of more modern liveries I could have chosen, but I decided to post a photo which had been taken in the year I flew with them.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Andries

Post by Andries »

Comet wrote:You won't get VC10's age so easily though because there are no hints whatsoever provided on Luchtzak :lol:
Maybe on another website ??? Or maybe it's time you gave us some hints in this topic ???

How old was your mom when you were born ??? :wink:

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:

B.T.W. : The list has been updated ...
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

You won't get VC10's age so easily though because there are no hints whatsoever provided on Luchtzak :lol:
That's what you think ;) There was once a picture with you and your mother while riding horses. I would say that your mother is between 20-25 years older than you :confused:

Greetz
Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris - I had forgotten about the photo of me and my Mum on the Icelandic horses! Doesn't give our ages though :lol:

I don't think VC10 would be very happy if you got her age, I remember she said in her very first post on Luchtzak that her age was a secret.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: I don't think VC10 would be very happy if you got her age, I remember she said in her very first post on Luchtzak that her age was a secret.
Don't worry Louise. I won't be able to find out her age with only one picture ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

MR

Post by MR »

My birthday is coming very soon: 3th of april... becoming 26+20 years. Becoming rather old but full of experience in life.... (I guess?)
MR

A318

Post by A318 »

A318 wrote:so she is 24 or is going to be 24 this year.
Could also be that she was not so good in her study and took 10 years longer ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
Some people just need a little more time I guess after reading Comet was 33 :mrgreen:

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

As many of you knows I've no home and as well no internet at home yet :cry:
but hopefully that will change soon and my noise will stop rinning like a river soon, too -
but back to the topic

on 25th of october 1969 which was a real good year :lol:
I was born as Jutta Edith Zona in the "great" village of Moedling, lower austria

and I expect many birthday cards next 25th of october because it might be a sad day (35) :oops:

Jumbolino.

PS: at my new working place in vienna I've a collegue from Gent and his grandma is from Neuss (NRW) - how small, small this world is (and we are all europeans :D which makes this europe even smaller ....)

PPS: LX trip rep will come soon but unfortunatly (night) without pic's ...

Comet

Post by Comet »

A318 wrote:
A318 wrote:so she is 24 or is going to be 24 this year.
Could also be that she was not so good in her study and took 10 years longer ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
Some people just need a little more time I guess after reading Comet was 33 :mrgreen:

Greetz,

Erwin
Erwin - I shall reveal more about my "late" degree in an updated post on the Member Introductions forum, so I don't take this thread off topic :lol:
Louise

Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Well, I may or may not be as old as Andre.

My birthday is 31 May.

I was taught to fly by a gentleman called Wilbur Wright.

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Erwin

Not everyone gets their degrees at 22. I have a relative who got his degree at 50 and went on to publish academic books in his 70's - learning is not just for the young!

Meerkat

Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I agree entirely, Meerkat. I did my Master's about 10 years ago (4 years after I retired) and I'll let you know how I get on with the next one later in the summer ... In the meantime, I suppose I should get off the 'net and get down to revision ... finals are only a month away. :?

Comet

Post by Comet »

meerkat wrote:Erwin

Not everyone gets their degrees at 22. I have a relative who got his degree at 50 and went on to publish academic books in his 70's - learning is not just for the young!

Meerkat
I agree entirely with you there Meerkat. It's a pity that many small minded bigoted ageist British employers don't think the same way. If UK employers weren't so obsessed with the idea of only ever providing job training for the under 18s, or under 25s (as is the current trend over here) then there wouldn't be a skills shortage and many people would be spared the indignity of being sentenced to the dole queue merely for being the wrong side of 25.
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

Every company prefers people with experience and not somebody that finally got his degree at the age of 33. Those kind of people are too expensive, have no practical skills and have their own will already, something you can create with somebody from 22 years old. That's the reason comapanies prefer or older people with skills or younger ones with the degree and ready to be formed.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

Erwin - in the UK you are often written off as "too old" at 18! I certainly was. I want a job, it is not my fault that employers are too bigoted to appreciate the fact that I am damned hard working and alot more reliable than the bloody bimbos they are so fond of employing.

It is common practice for employers to dismiss staff on mass and then give their jobs to bimbos who are just out of school. That happened to me and a load of colleagues - we were finished with a days notice and then our jobs were given to under 18s. That attitude really makes me :pukey:
Louise

William

Post by William »

born 25th july 1988 ... so a.t.m. i'm 15 years old

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

William wrote:born 25th july 1988 ... so a.t.m. i'm 15 years old
Welcome on the website William!