New planes for Russian Airforce

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

ElcoB

New planes for Russian Airforce

Post by ElcoB »

ImageRussian Air Force to receive some 20 new combat aircraft in 2009 (RIA novosti)
MOSCOW, January 20 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Air Force will receive around 20 modernized Su-25 Frogfoot attack aircraft and new MiG-29SMT Fulcrum fighters in 2009, an Air Force spokesman said on Thursday.

"About 10 modernized Su-25 attack aircraft and over 10 MiG-29SMT fighters will be delivered to the Air Force in 2009," Lt. Col. Vladimir Drik said.

RC20

Re: New planes for Russian Airforce

Post by RC20 »

They are going to need them!

Mig29 came apart reportedly the keel was corroded into failure mode, Morocco gave all their back and canceled the whole project. Something like 650 Russian Air Force Mig 29s involved I believe. Oooops

F15 has that issue was well, but fixable.

sarapova

Re: New planes for Russian Airforce

Post by sarapova »

What's the difference between The Naval academy and the air force academy? I want to enter the military; but i'm not sure which one! but i do know it's between the navy and air force. pretty much whats the difference between the navy and the air force and what acdemy should i go attend?