Asia Roundtrip

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

Asia Roundtrip

Post by Jumbolino »

Hello Friends,

Yes, I know, meanwhile I'm a rare seen guest here :|
Anyway let me share with you my trip between 15th of December and 8th of January 2009 somewhere in Asia.

Did you know, that I wanted to go to Mexico ? Well, won't bother you with the story behind these facts - it's a quite long one :?

Let me begin - 15DEC 20:45 DUS-DXB EK 058 27J on Emirates
totally overrated airline - at least in ECO
landed in DXB at around 6 in the morning and had to kill time till the connection to BKK till 08:55 boarding 09:40 departure - headed into the lobby of the Hotel in T1 - provides free WLAN, smoking lounge and good coffee
later bought something in the duty free perfumery.
16DEC EK 372 DXB - BKK 09:40 45C
same like the other leg - at least overrated because of the totally uncomfortable seats.
Spend 2 days in BKK and can recommend Merisses Hotel - and BKK was great - nearly no tourists and peaceful :mrgreen: good decision not to rebook last minute :mrgreen:
18DEC TG431 68B boarding time 08:10
very lightweight booked ! good service and nice crew
spend ten days in Bali - horse riding, elephant riding and West national park included
28DEC MH 714 13:50 Denpasaar-Kuala Lumpur - 33A boarding at 13:20
anyway not bad - but there was no meal choice any more when the reached my line and therefore - fish or fish or better fish - that's OK :lol:
28DEC MH74 18:45 KUL-Hong Kong lost the boarding pass
this time I choose the other meal
spend new years eve in Hong Kong and managed myself to the peak, Kawloon, and even to Shenzhen (China) as well as to Macau
07JAN 23:15 TK 71 Hong Kong to Istanbul - op by Jet Airways
the best leg on the whole trip and the most comfortable seat long haul in ECO for ages
08JAN IST-DUS 08:10
delayed - the last leg in the whole trip was the only one delayed ! all the others have been merely early or on time :twisted:
Here some pics
BKK and Bali
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 1373975091
Hong Kong
and some pics of all taken with my Handycam - amazing how good :mrgreen:

Cheerio ..........

sn26567

Re: Asia Roundtrip

Post by sn26567 »

Nice pics of your vacation. Which airline was the last leg of your trip?

I note your confirmation that Jet Airways has an excellent economy class.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: Asia Roundtrip

Post by regi »

thank you for the tip on the Merisess hotel in Bangkok, sukhumvit soi 16. Will keep it in mind. Only bad that they have no pool.