Aviation Scanner Frequencies

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
A318

Aviation Scanner Frequencies

Post by A318 »

Since I am trying to fill my scanner channels with some nice aviation frequencies I am keeping a list with (for me) usable frequencies.
I am keeping my list also online which you find here.
The ones which have a yes behind it are the ones I do receive, the open ones are still not received here in my house.
So I am still looking for frequencies to fill the gaps, if you know some please let me know.
I am interested in the active Amsterdam radar frequencies but also the ones from London>FL250 or London>FL300.
Maybe you can also find frequencies on my list you don't have yourself yet and want to have, well here it is help yourself.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

concordino

Post by concordino »

A318

Do you have just VHF or are you going to scan U as well?

Try this one http://home.wxs.nl/%7Ewekuyt/index.html plenty of VHF freqs as well as UHF.

Also take a look at Scramble for info on NL airfields mil & civil. If you have time take a look at Howard Curtis's Air Net, linked from this site and most aviation sites - 000's of links to everything aviation.

Concordino

A318

Post by A318 »

Concordino, the site you mentioned was already visited by me and as you can see on my list Woensdrecht is in there. Too bad but I can only scan VHF and not the UHF. That is for the future, since this is my 2nd scanner but 1st one with the aviation on it. I wanted to see if I liked it and then I can always buy something else later and sell this one like it also did with my previous one.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

I see that you have frequencies for specific airlines like EZY, FR, VEX in your list. What does that mean ???? I didn't know that airlines had their proper frequency? And during which circumstances do they use it :?:

Thanks
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro wrote:I see that you have frequencies for specific airlines like EZY, FR, VEX in your list. What does that mean ???? I didn't know that airlines had their proper frequency? And during which circumstances do they use it :?:
Most likely the company-frequency: to contact your home-base in case of delay, next flight, etc...

A318

Post by A318 »

Bart already answered this one. Well those frequencies are not that much used. I only hear EZY once or twice a day, RYR not at all till now and VEX 2 times a week. Trying to see which ones are more alive, now I have also Transavia but is totally a dead fequency for me. Will try KLM. MP and SN also to see if there is more to do.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Allright thanks for the answer guys ;)

Chris
8)

CST

Post by CST »

A318,

I don't know if you already know these ones:

131.1 Brussels radar
128.8 Brussels radar
128.2 Brussels radar
126.62 Brussels Departure
121.87 Brussels Ground
120.77 Brussels tower (often when RWY 02 is in use and for RWY 25R)
118.6 Brussels tower (RWY 25L)
118.25 Brussels approach
121.1 Brussels final (not always in use)
128.1 Paris radar

want some more? :lol:

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

You can't take them with normal radio's aint it?
What do you need if you want to listen on those frequencies?
And what are the costs :wink: ?

Grtzzz
Thomas :twisted:

Jense

Post by Jense »

I don't think so :roll: :?
You can buy these things in Belgium, I guess..., but you need a license when you buy them here... Otherwise, you can buy one @ the Internet:
- www.transair.co.uk
- www.scannersplanet.com
- www.google.be (wonderfull searchmachine :wink: :D :wink: )

greettzzz

CST

Post by CST »

Hasjie,

no, you can't listen to them with a normal radio

what you need is a so-called 'scanner'. This radio lets you listen to these frequenties, without being able to speak on the frequencies.

An other possibility is to get a radio-amateur license. With this you can indeed buy a sender/receiver. It's such a device that was used by a kid from Tervuren a couple of years ago. For example he asked the pilot of an Alitalia flight if he needed double cheese on his pizza. He got caught...

As you can listen to police-frequencies with a scanner, this is illegal in Belgium but I've heard you can buy it in Holland. Price +/- 100 Euro 8)

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

Hmmz

But i think i heard something about buying them in belgium,
"onder den toog" as we say in belgium. :)

CST

Post by CST »

since we live in Belgium, this is most likely the case ;)

but I would not know where...

AN124

Post by AN124 »

You can also take a look at Ebay. Good change you will find some out there.
And if you live close to the dutch border just hop over the border and get one over there.
It's legal to have these scanners so you can buy them in some electronic shops.
For a good scanner you must think somewhere around 100 Euro's

Best Regards,
Yvo

A318

Post by A318 »

@CST, thanks for those frequencies but since I am living in Holland (close to the Belgium border) I can not receive all freqs. Especially aproach freqs and for example euro control and london control for FL>250 things work fine. I will try them out to see if I can fill some quit channels.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Hasjie wrote:no, you can't listen to them with a normal radio
Wrong, answer. I can take them with a normal radio. Ok, just the landings. My frequency: 97.00 FM, normally a Radio Donna one.

But I think of buying a scanner.

Avro

Post by Avro »

blackhawk wrote:
Wrong, answer. I can take them with a normal radio. Ok, just the landings. My frequency: 97.00 FM, normally a Radio Donna one.

mmmh sounds interesting, but I won't be able to do it :( I'm living in Overijse :( :( it's too far isn't it ?

Jense

Post by Jense »

Avro wrote:
blackhawk wrote:

mmmh sounds interesting, but I won't be able to do it :( I'm living in Overijse :( :( it's too far isn't it ?
Probably, yeah:( I live in Sint-Gensius-Rode (not so far of Overijse :D)... Can I listen to the arrivals/tower @ Brussels?

greettzz

CST

Post by CST »

Although I've never succeeded in receiving ATC on a regular radio, I'm not saying it's impossible. I don't know enough about telecom to judge that.

Anyway, If you really want to receive ATC, I strongly suggest you buy a scanner.

A318

Post by A318 »

If you receive aviation on 97.00fm I can tell you that you are receiving a mirror frequentie. Since all aviation has amplitude modulation (AM) you can normally not receive the aviation and especially since the aviation is between 136 and 174 Mhz. If you do (and for sure on 97.00FM) you receive a mirror and praise yourself lucky for that. There is good chance that with the changing from the season, for example in summertime, you will receive nothing anymore due to astromic disturbances.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal