Sobelair Boeing 737-400 OO-RMV stored @ EBOS (Oostende)?

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

OO-SBZ

Sobelair Boeing 737-400 OO-RMV stored @ EBOS (Oostende)?

Post by OO-SBZ »

While surfing on the internet, I found this pic of OO-RMV

Image Image

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/498523/M/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/498522/M/
Belgium, January 25, 2004
OO-RMV (cn 24352) It's a sad sight to see this 737 parked at Ostend. This picture is dedicated to all the people of Sobelair, we will miss you guys!

Isn't all the -remaining- SLR fleet grounded @ BRU?
Any more info would be appreciated...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Andries

Post by Andries »

Ben,

every week SLR used to send a 737 to EBOS for 4 to 5 days to operate charterflights for JetAir. At the moment of bankrupty, the aircraft was at Ostend. It was scheduled to operate some charterflights the next day, but as SLR was declared bankrupt, the aircraft stayed on the ground and hasn't moved since.

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have "known" OO-RMV since the day it was delivered to its first owner!

This aircraft was originally TF-FIA "Aldis" of Icelandair. I remember once when I landed in Keflavik, the aircraft had just been delivered to Icelandair, and there had been ceremonies with bands and a naming thing by the President of Iceland, Vigdis Finnbogadottir. I flew on this aircraft between GLA and KEF, so in the Airline Experiences forum you will soon get a report on this flight.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

A few days ago (I think wednesday) I saw a Sobelair overflying my house for 25L at BRU ... Had my camera in my hands, but missed him :(

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for the information CanonFreak :thumbsup2:

Regards

BeN :idea: