ZRH-DUS-ZRH on ST and a Fokker 100

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

ZRH-DUS-ZRH on ST and a Fokker 100

Post by Jumbolino »

here comes the newest trip report and I've to admit, I've gotten much more for my few bucks (44 EUR all incl. each way) than expected.

Last wednesday I heard that I should come to Francfort yesterday and as my husband had his birthday on saturday I knew that I've to fly from ZRH once again, well I did a quick check about an direct flight into FRA - LH had only BUS class places left for a little bit more than 700 EUR which is inacceptable for me for an maybe 100 day contract and LX liked to have the same for an ECO seat without food so I looked about other possiblities and found cheap flight from ST into DUS - and a Fokker 100 was still missing in my log-book so I booked ST 6091 ZRH DUS on 8th of dec and today back ST6090 (unfortunatly done by an B737-300) and I took the train into FRA (ICE 123 btw ICE 122 both on 8th of dec.).

So yesterday I arrived at ZRH airport on 07:28 and was looking for an germania check-in at Check-in 3 which I found soon and I've gotten Seat number 4F Gate E47 ST6091 08DEC0840 and the girl informed me that they will get closer information about boarding time 20 min. before 8. Well, I tried to find the gates numbered E after buying some duty free cigarettes, but wasn't that easy - the new sky metro didn't come for approx. 5 minutes or but than it worked - security was done also rapid and I've gotten a coffee while waiting for boarding nearby gate E47 which was nice because I'd a perfect look onto the runway. 0810 the flight from DUS arrived and our boarding was done by 0825 and quickly all pax entered the plane and so pushback was only 5 minutes late (and the plane was well fullfilled)
D-AGP? ZRH-DUS
landing in DUS was on time and the nicest thing was everything on board except alcohol costs 1 (!!!!) EUR ! *WOW* so I bought a cheese sandwhich and a coffee and pid whopping 2 EUR !!!! 8O

disembarquement in DUS was done by bus (not so in ZRH and not so back) and passport control was done rather quick - it helps to smile and tell "my train !" ;-) but again the sky metro to the db station took time :(
unfortunatly ICE 123 was 30 minutes late and I was frozing too death on DUS main train station. Interview itself was also fine except that the guy does not know when he needs my help ?! *grrr*
return I took ICE 122 (Plan und Spar and Bahn Card 25 ) which was late too but the people where helpful and told me my connection to Neuss a few minutes before arrival (change from 19 to 12 within 1 minutes - nearly without baggage and with two good feet it worked). Met my friends later - and had a little accident also later - you should be more careful if you ran with socks on a timber floor (gut gewachster Pakett) - because I lied myself onto it (auf die Fresse gefallen) - ok my noise hurts.

Well today after 3 hours of sleep I arrived on DUS airport at 0550 and checked in for ST6090 09dec C40 0645 seat 5C which I changed into 23A B737-300 this time it made beep at security but afterwards passport control was rather quick and boarding was done by 0605 pushback was early and we land also in ZRH 4 minutes early ;-)
again everything for 1 EUR and not usual for a flight that early three very, very friendly flight attandands
D-AGEE DUS-ZRH
again passport check was quick and I arrived back on 09:30 and went into bed again at 10 (very, very tired Jumbolino with a ramped noise)

Comments are as usual welcome
Jumbolino.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice report

It's amazing, I've never heard before that the food only costs 1 € on Germania's planes 8O

I hope you don't have too much pain left ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi Chris,

Thanks, it's not too much pain what's left, but it disturb :(

Ciao Ju.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Ah suggest tha ses moo-ar abaht thi flight an' less abaht thi train trip!! :lol: :lol: (that's a bit of "broo-ad Yorksher"!!)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote:Ah suggest tha ses moo-ar abaht thi flight an' less abaht thi train trip!! :lol: :lol: (that's a bit of "broo-ad Yorksher"!!)
And I think I understand it :lol:

Chris
8)

SierraFoxtrotMike

Post by SierraFoxtrotMike »

Such a nice report ! Well only 1€ !!
Ah suggest tha ses moo-ar abaht thi flight an' less abaht thi train trip!! (that's a bit of "broo-ad Yorksher"!!)
I didn't understand :D

Regards

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Your trip reports are very funny, Jumbolino. I enjoyed them, even the train trips!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Nice to see that one person (Chris) can understand a bit of "reyt damned English!!"

As for the rest of you, I suggest you learn to "speyk reyt"!!!!
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Avro wrote:
Comet wrote:Ah suggest tha ses moo-ar abaht thi flight an' less abaht thi train trip!! :lol: :lol: (that's a bit of "broo-ad Yorksher"!!)
And I think I understand it :lol:

Chris
8)
An' wait while tha guz on t'spot next year pal, Ah'll teych thi sum moo'ar!!

An' wun o' these days Ah'll pu' a flight repoo-art on i' Broo-ad Yorksher, that'll be a damned good laugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: An' wait while tha guz on t'spot next year pal, Ah'll teych thi sum moo'ar!!
It would be nice to be able to learn to speyk some reyt ;)
An' wun o' these days Ah'll pu' a flight repoo-art on i' Broo-ad Yorksher, that'll be a damned good laugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know if there will be a lot of reactions in that flight report ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris (and anyone else who wants to learn to "speyk reyt") Ah'll continue this in t'pub afoo-ar this gets locked as :offtopic:

In pure English - I will continue this in the Luchtzak Pub before this gets locked as off topic!!!

Here's the link to the Pub topic

https://www.aviation24.be/ftopic2506.html
Louise