Jet Airways will double its number of pax via Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TWA

Post by TWA »

When will they start to built the new C-concourse (former south finger) and the new terminal 2 (present DHL location) ? They must start in the next 2 years from now because the present terminal is very crowded quite often, or do they not anticipate the need for more capacity at BRU airport....

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

What could change the situation is that countries shift to shengen, e.g. UK, IE, ... in the long term even all European countries, including new member states of the EU.

This would mean increased used of A-terminal and decreased use of the B-terminal. I am not sure that there is a need (in the short term) to have an additional terminal, especially when there would be a LCC terminal ...
Actually around the 15th of December all new member states join Schengen, with air transport changing on the first of March. So quite some airlines will change from the B to the A pier, yes.

On the other hand, how many widebody gates does that free up? Not many, I guess. This because all new member states fly narrowbodies to BRU, and they can normally park at the gates between 2 widebody gates. But you can't fit a third widebody in that gate, not enough space.

Same for low cost, it aren't widebodies.

If Jet wants to continue it's plans, they better start thinking about a new international concours.

For general interest, these are pictures of how they thought BRU would look like in 2020, taken on the holiday fair of last year or beginning tof this year, can't remember. Probably already out of date. Still, notice the location of the low cost terminal.

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/index-10318.html

Greets,

Pieter

itami

Post by itami »

brussels airlines wrote: (A-pier can still be expanded, Their is place to build a new C-pier at the cargo building from DHL as most of the cargo operations will move to the other part of the airport)
A bit off topic but recently I heard the rumour that the DHL cargo building might be taken over by SQ who requested around 70 weekly slots for 2008. Any more news and/or rumours about this ?

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

ERICAIRLINES wrote:more new destinations via Bru hub?
Vancouver,washington,houston,boston,montreal ??
And why not even JNB,which would be a hit via Bru?

The problem is, you cannot book a flight from BRU to YYZ or the other US destinations because flight are either full or the tickets are very very expensive....

I tried yesterday again on flysn.com to book a flight to the US trough their codeshare with jetairways...it doesn't work....

Could be a problem with the internet site tough... :?

Gonzola

For Thailand

Post by Gonzola »

Does anyone know if its possible to charter their aircrafts for flights between Sweden and Thailand with a stop in India

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

-You can book North American destinations on 9W web site without problems or call their outstanding call center in Diegem. I think that the flysn.com is listing those flights codesharing with AA...and nothing for Toronto indeed which I don't understand either since they are codesharing also with 9W

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Desert Rat wrote:The problem is, you cannot book a flight from BRU to YYZ or the other US destinations because flight are either full or the tickets are very very expensive....

I tried yesterday again on flysn.com to book a flight to the US trough their codeshare with jetairways...it doesn't work....
The SN codeshare with 9W is only to India, not to North America. For the latter you can only book with 9W.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

sn26567 wrote:
Desert Rat wrote:The problem is, you cannot book a flight from BRU to YYZ or the other US destinations because flight are either full or the tickets are very very expensive....

The SN codeshare with 9W is only to India, not to North America. For the latter you can only book with 9W.
All right....and when we book a flight to the US with JetAirways are we getting the SN privilege miles???

Sorry to be a bit off-topic but it is so difficult to understand how these agreement are working.... :lol:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Desert Rat wrote:All right....and when we book a flight to the US with JetAirways are we getting the SN privilege miles?
That's because of the FF agreements between the airlines. In the same way you can get Privelege miles on ALL British Airways flights.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

PRILEGE MILES ACCUMULATION: It says on Privilege web site that all flights operated by 9W qualify - more information under partners/special conditions.

What is not clear is the possibility to redeem an award to North American destinations - don't think it is possible according to the web site.

Laurens

Jet Airways Booking?

Post by Laurens »

Maybe a bit off topic, but I'm trying to find the cheapest flight BRU-EWR

Jet Airways has a class called "Special economy", wich is really cheap comparing with their "normal economy". What does "special economy" mean? (cargo :) ) And in some cases the premiere class is cheaper than "normal economy". I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain this?
Thanks

LX-LGX

Re: Jet Airways Booking?

Post by LX-LGX »

Laurens wrote:I'm trying to find the cheapest flight BRU-EWR. Jet Airways has a class called "Special economy", wich is really cheap comparing with their "normal economy". What does "special economy" mean? And in some cases the premiere class is cheaper than "normal economy".Thanks
I don't know the exact rate structure from JetAirways, but the general rules for tickets are:

There are three different seats in most long haul planes: First Class, Business Class and Economy Class.

Full Economy, Y-class (shortly Y) is the most expensive Economy-class. These tickets are fully refundable if not used, changes are permitted for free, and you're also allowed to fly one or both flights with another carrier. Mostly used for business trips with probability that the return flight will have to be changed a few times. If an exit seat is still available, the airline will give it to you.

Special Economy could well be the same seat in the plane as Full-Y, but with rules from the carrier: f.e. valid on their flights only, no changes allowed (or allowed at a cost, f.e. 125 euro), tickets must be paid within a time limit after the booking, and no refund afterwards. The rate depends on the load factor from each particular flight: few pax = cheap tickets, and the more people book for that flight, the more expensive next tickets will be. Each carrier has a "yield management" for these operations. If a flight is almost full, they will block the Special Economy, and try to sell the remaining seats at the expensive Full-Y. Till they think they won't sell all of them, and open Special Economy again...

Same applies for the better seats (f.e. lie flat beds) in the plane, the Business Class: there is an expensive C-Class, which allows you to change your ticket whenever you want, and allows you to fly C-class on another carrier. And there is the Special Business Class, which is much cheaper, but the ticket will show "valid on ... / this carrier / only". You are allowed to change your dates, you have access to the Business Class lounges, but if you've missed your flight, you have to wait for the next flight from that carrier only.

Once again: these are general remarks, thus not valid for all carriers.

Travel agencies have access to a worldwide reservation system that shows all flights from all carriers, and they can check the load factors. Make a print from the lowest offer you can get at home, and then ask them if they can beat it. Don't forget the extra's like airport taxes, fuel surcharges, ...

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

Good news indeed!
I hope lot of these >2M pax will fly with b.air on european flights (or even african ones)

Anybody knows how much money a connecting pax on europe could bring to b.air?

Too bad these 2M pax won't be flying all the way on b.air metal!
This proves there really was a market to cover there...

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

from the forseen 2 millions pax,there will probably be a ratio of 75 pct (connecting ones)25 pct boarding at bru

Deluxe

Post by Deluxe »

Andries wrote: I heard another version from several people last week. B-concourse would become Jet Airways Terminal. New C-concourse would be built for all other non-A- and non-B-concourse traffic.
This seems to make more sense to me. 9W just build in the B-concourse a very luxurious lounge which will be opening this week.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Deluxe wrote:
Andries wrote: I heard another version from several people last week. B-concourse would become Jet Airways Terminal. New C-concourse would be built for all other non-A- and non-B-concourse traffic.
This seems to make more sense to me. 9W just build in the B-concourse a very luxurious lounge which will be opening this week.
More sense :?:

16 flights a day (intercontinental), despite the fact this is very impressive it would be nonsense to dedicate it to 16 flights a day (morning). Please put your both feet on the ground ...

Danny

GORKI

Post by GORKI »

expansion great to travel and good for Bru airport but anybody info on pilot jobs ?
I heard answer is come back if you have a type rating 777 and cockpits are filled with American pilots
Any Belgian pilot working for them?
tx for info

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

GORKI wrote:expansion great to travel and good for Bru airport but anybody info on pilot jobs ?
I heard answer is come back if you have a type rating 777 and cockpits are filled with American pilots
Any Belgian pilot working for them?
tx for info
For all the times I was in the cocpit of a 9W, the pilots were indeed American. Maybe it has something to do with the pilots having a licence to operate at a particular airport? I don't think every pilot can just put his plane down at every airport in the world. Or am I wrong?

Greetz,
Rutger

Stij

Post by Stij »

DannyVDB wrote: 16 flights a day (intercontinental), despite the fact this is very impressive it would be nonsense to dedicate it to 16 flights a day (morning). Please put your both feet on the ground ...
Danny
I agree,

Is there information they'll all come in the morning? I mean couldn't they have a second wave late afternoon linking the most popular area's in the US and India?

E.g.
MUM 11:45 17:15 BRU 19:15 21:30 EWR
EWR 6:00 19:15 BRU 21:15 09:00 MUM

The schedule would allow an easy transfer from India into Bru Air's evening wave and visa versa.
And the icing on the cake (for me that is) is my beloved evening flight to the NY area!

Cheers mates,

Stij

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Builing a new concourse, only for 9W would not be very smart, because the biggest number of gates will be unused true out the rest of the day. Unless SN will be able to use the same terminal, because of their alliance with 9W.

Building a new international terminal for all flights (and particulary for widebodies) is more interesting, even more if 9W, instead of financing an whole new concourse, only has to pay a part of the terminal, if they have to pay at all.

Better widebodie gates at BRU are necessary. I am thinking about gates with a double noseloader for quicker (un)loading of planes and more room for pax to wait before boarding their plane. The B-concourse is actually rather small. This will only be profitable if BRU will receive more Asian flights, which leave true the afternoon most of the time.