BruAir cheating on taxes?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fcw

BruAir cheating on taxes?

Post by fcw »

BruAir: BRU-GVA: tax €37,00
Easy Jet: €20,00
What about their: "we are the cheapest" publicity?

b720

Post by b720 »

GOOD POINT!!!

just booked a bru-gva-bru myself air fare was bru-gva euro 28 gva-bru euro 48 total euro 76 + EURO 73 TAXES ! which of course is BULL **** they are hiding a part of the airfare in the so called taxes and that should be made illegal.. very easy to advertise aire fare of 9 euro and hide 91 euro in taxes.. Switzerland had made it obligatory to advertise and quote full price including taxes and fees..when booking any airline out of their swiss website fares are ALWAYS including all costs..

dre

Post by dre »

this has been discussed before. On trips from and to the same airports Brussels airlines had higher taxes than all other airlines.

OrientThai

Re: BruAir still cheating on taxes?

Post by OrientThai »

fcw wrote:BruAir: BRU-GVA: tax €37,00
Easy Jet: €20,00
What about their: "we are the cheapest" publicity?
Every new airline coming to BRU has reduction on the airport taxes for the first year of operation. So it is normal that U2 or Sky Europe can offer lower taxes than Brussels Airlines.

fcw

Post by fcw »

I knew this excuse was going to be used, but the return is the same:
GVA-BRU:
BruAir: 43,50 CHF tax
EasyJet.com: 19,00 CHF.

dre

Post by dre »

well compare the taxes for a flight BRU to Hamburg with lufthansa than
Not exactly the same taxes paid than with Bru.Air

fcw

Post by fcw »

dre wrote:well compare the taxes for a flight BRU to Hamburg with lufthansa than
Not exactly the same taxes paid than with Bru.Air
What is your point? If somebody else steals more than you do you are not a thief?
By the way total of booking fee and tax are exactly the same for LH and BruAir. And LH doesn't try to sell you insurances without asking.
Passionate about you has turned into passionate about your money!

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Brussels Airlines is cheating in their advertisements.
That is sure.

It just makes it look cheaper, but it is important for the marketing. Taxes and fees are a very high at BRU compared to other airports. The same goes for Antwerp.
The client has to have the feeling he is having a bargain.

But I understand Brussels Airlines. With the high fuel prices and high operation costs, it is difficult to make every single flight profit-generating.
A part of the "taxes" surely include a fuel-surcharge.

You know it is just impossible to give people seats for free.
Think about the leasing costs, the maintenance costs, the costs of personnel, the fuel costs, the costs related to infrastructures, the marketing costs, the costs of renting an office, the taxes, the effort and activity to achieve very little profit, the pressure they have to cope wit (cancellations, strikes, techincal issues, difficulties to attract passengers...)

These people are working very hard for a very small margin of profit.
Please, congratulate them instead of criticising them.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

EBBR_Based

Post by EBBR_Based »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Brussels Airlines is cheating in their advertisements.
That is sure.
ALL Brussels Airlines' advertisements show the fares INCLUDING taxes, surcharges and service fees.
b720 wrote:they are hiding a part of the airfare in the so called taxes and that should be made illegal..
Which 'part of the airfare' is included in the taxes? All additions in the taxes are legal.
b720 wrote:very easy to advertise aire fare of 9 euro and hide 91 euro in taxes..
As mentioned already, ALL advertisements contain all-in fares.
fcw wrote:Easy Jet: €20,00

For your information: the official airport tax at Brussels Airport is 23,49 EUR.

In addition to the airport tax, Brussels Airlines also asks a 15,5 EUR fuel surcharge. Benchmarks show that Brussels Airlines has one of the lowest fuel surcharges compared to the competition.

Airlines like Ryanair have hidden fuel surcharges. You will never see them in the taxes, but in reality they offer smaller amounts of cheaper seats on the marked to compensate for the increased price of fuel. Another popular way for airlines like SkyEurope, Easyjet, Ryanair,... to compensate the high fuel price is to increase the number of ancillary revenues. The list of examples is long: pay if you want to be the first on the aircraft, pay if you want to have a specific seat, pay if you want to check-in hold luggage, ...

fcw

Post by fcw »

EBBR_Based wrote:All additions in the taxes are legal.
I am sure the insurances which are automatically added are NOT legal!

fcw

Post by fcw »

EBBR_Based wrote: In addition to the airport tax, Brussels Airlines also asks a 15,5 EUR fuel surcharge. Benchmarks show that Brussels Airlines has one of the lowest fuel surcharges compared to the competition.
A BruAir 146 uses the same amount of fuel to transport 80 pax as does an Easy 319 to transport 150 pax. That is the real reason for the hidden charge.
A 146 uses 3000 l between BRU and GVA, 80* 15,5= 1200 or almost 0,5€ per liter used this is the price of the fuel, so the pax is paying the entire fuel again and you call that reasonable, I call this a ripoff

fcw

Post by fcw »

EBBR_Based wrote:
FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Brussels Airlines is cheating in their advertisements.
That is sure.
ALL Brussels Airlines' advertisements show the fares INCLUDING taxes, surcharges and service fees.

taxes are legal.
b720 wrote:very easy to advertise aire fare of 9 euro and hide 91 euro in taxes..
As mentioned already, ALL advertisements contain all-in fares.
They are cheating, I tried to claim a price difference back and they only pay the difference in fare and not the difference in taxes!

Established02

Post by Established02 »

> BruAir still cheating on taxes?

I believe this is a so called "loaded question", mainly because of having added the word "still".

Another example of an infamous loaded question is "When did you stop beating your wife?"
This question implies that you have indeed been beating your wife.
How do you answer without agreeing with the implication?

Question: BruAir still cheating on taxes?

Expected answer: SN never did.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Established02 wrote:

Question: BruAir still cheating on taxes?

Expected answer: SN never did.
NO? What do you think about this:
As a frequent flyer I have a free ticket, only thing to pay: the taxes in which is a hidden fuel charge... you think this is normal?
No other words for this than cheating!!!

Established02

Post by Established02 »

fcw wrote:As a frequent flyer I have a free ticket, only thing to pay: the taxes in which is a hidden fuel charge... you think this is normal?
I understand that this kind of construction may frustrate or disappoint the customer.

I would have to double check the facts, however I tend to believe that this has been common practice in the industry for years now.

If you're qualified for a free ticket with Skyteam, Star or any other carrier, I believe you will also have to pay the taxes plus fuel and other surcharges.

I think SN is just following industry trends, rather than engineering them.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Airlines in general (not only SN) consider the fuel surcharge as a tax; but it is not. It is a normal operational cost.

When you go to a café that increases the cost of your pint of beer from 1.40 to 1.50 euros because InBev has itself increased the cost of a drum of beer by 3% due to an increase in transportation costs caused by higher price of diesel, the café does not call this a fuel surcharge. Airlines also should not use that argument.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

Now I wonder about legislation. Let us take cars. Just untill some years ago, cars were advertised with a nett price and the tax added in small script. This was later forbidden.
I don't know the legislation but I wonder why the pricing of tickets would be different than a cinema ticket, loaf of bread or a car?

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

EBBR_Based wrote:In addition to the airport tax, Brussels Airlines also asks a 15,5 EUR fuel surcharge. Benchmarks show that Brussels Airlines has one of the lowest fuel surcharges compared to the competition.

Airlines like Ryanair have hidden fuel surcharges. You will never see them in the taxes, but in reality they offer smaller amounts of cheaper seats on the marked to compensate for the increased price of fuel. Another popular way for airlines like SkyEurope, Easyjet, Ryanair,... to compensate the high fuel price is to increase the number of ancillary revenues. The list of examples is long: pay if you want to be the first on the aircraft, pay if you want to have a specific seat, pay if you want to check-in hold luggage, ...
Are you serious?
Are you really saying Ryanair hides their fuel surcharges in their fares? That's where they are supposed to be! Fuel is not an extra cost, but a basic operating cost. BruAir can't raise their fares, so they introduce a hidden fuel surcharge... I like FR's way better, it's much more clear.
If the price of the fuel goes up, so do the fares. It's as simple as that...
That's why Ryanair can claim they have the lowest fuel surcharge in the world.