How many partners still with Brussels Airlines after 25/03 ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

EBBR

How many partners still with Brussels Airlines after 25/03 ?

Post by EBBR »

Was reading this topic: viewtopic,p,169919.html#169919

Partnership with Iberia has ended.

Will BA still codeshare with Alitalia, Finair, British Airways, etc.... with the introduction of the new BFLEX BLIGHT service?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In my opinion, all codeshares which are not officially announced as cancelled (as with Iberia) will remain in place after 25 March. Not only American, Etihad and Hainan, but also Alitalia, Malev, Ukrainian, CSA, Bulgaria, BA, Malmö Aviation, Finnair, etc.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airwave

Post by Airwave »

I was told at info desk in Brussels Airport that all (except for the 3 intercontinental) codeshares have been annulated from March 25 on...

Maybe Brussels Airlines is renegotiating some codeshares at this moment, but we'll have to wait untill we get the official info

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

easiest way to know which code shares remain is to just check the timetable on www.brusselsairlines.com , while the Iberia flights have indeed vanished as of 25 march, Alitalia, British airways etc can still be found there ;)

Koenie666

Post by Koenie666 »

As vilnius isn't anymore on the route map... the FlyLAL agreement is gone probably.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

For as far as I know none of these airlines every did code-sharing with Virgin Express , and since it will be mainly the fleet op Virgin Express wich is now integrated in the Brussels Airlines fleet , wich will operate the B-flex flights with the B737 , I don't think the B-flex/B-light flights will have ANY code-sharing.

But as for regular Brussels Airlines flights I think the code sharing will just go on like usual.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

I can not find flights to Malta any more. Is the daily code-share flight with Air Malta finished as well, or am I just missing something?
SN used to be a lot more interesting (read cheaper) to book with compared to KM.

krist0f

Post by krist0f »

I fly regularly to South America and used to fly with IB from BRU to MAD and then to on to GRU, EZE or GIG. But because of the loss of the IB/SN partnership I'm revising my position because I fly SN partners quite a lot and have always gotten great mileage on the SN Privilege program with these IB flights which has always encouraged me to keep recurring business with them. However, this upcoming weekend I'll be flying once again with IB to South America and but this time it'll be the last time I'll fly IB since there'll not be any extra perks and advantages in it for me anymore after the SN partnership ends on 25 March 2007. It's a shame to see SN lose it's partnerships with other airlines like this and that and I believe it could cost them several customers, but it's a strategic business decision which SN made and which hopefully is gonna work out for them in the end. As for me, I'll be taking my business elsewhere, most likely Star Alliance or Skyteam.

Cheers,

Kris.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Partnership Privilige- Mastercard will come to an end this year as well.
Would all these stopped partnerships mean: the rats jumping from a sinking ship?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

FWIW: the long standing agreement with AVIS will terminate too, and be replaced by one with Hertz.

Lukas_Ridgeston

Post by Lukas_Ridgeston »

Bruspotter wrote: For as far as I know none of these airlines every did code-sharing with Virgin Express , and since it will be mainly the fleet op Virgin Express wich is now integrated in the Brussels Airlines fleet , wich will operate the B-flex flights with the B737 , I don't think the B-flex/B-light flights will have ANY code-sharing.
But as for regular Brussels Airlines flights I think the code sharing will just go on like usual.
I think you will find (checking brusselsairlines.com), that ex-VEX 737s and ex-SNBA Avros and A319s operate all routes of the new airline. there will be no "B-flex flights with B737": all flights offer B-flex and B-light!

Most of SNBAs codesharing was always on a route-specific basis (not limited to any alliance), and some of these routes will now see B-air compete with former codeshare partners like Iberia. Other codeshares will continue, on B737s, Avros and A319s, all offering B-flex and B-light.