Sickness bag, Spuckbeutel, Sac vomitoire

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
SN30952

Sickness bag, Spuckbeutel, Sac vomitoire

Post by SN30952 »

Sickness bag, Spuckbeutel, Sac vomitoire, Bolsa de Mareo.
Did you know Microsoft had Sickness bags with its Flight Simulator 98?

But Shanghai Airport bus Ltd has Sickness bags on board of their busses. So you can imagine how rough the ride can be on these busses....

But the best one of all is the one of De Ster. It is called: Do you want....*
Its 'operation instructions' are: After use fold toward you....

*I imagine the stewardess asking "Do you want....", pulling the bag back and forth, "or can you wait, my colleague is coming in a minute..."
btw toward ist BrE, British English, and towards is not the plural but the American version...

What are your experiences** with the "Sickness bag"?

To be honnest, I only used some for discarding waste. Although I have been in several awkward flying situations, typhoons, cyclones, heavy storm over the Kalahari, even sandstorms. I also fell some 3000m in a SN B737 flight over the Balkans. And I ate on board of Pakistone Airlines, Delta Airlones, Nerthwost, and even Uganda Airlines.
Never had to put my nose in such thing.

What about you?

**(I'm trying to launch a nauseating forum... :P, read well not nose eating....) :P

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

I've used it. A lot. It's not pleasant, but it comes in handy.
About 7 years ago, I flew in trough a big storm over the English channel. The landing in LHR was already bad enough, but we also had to fly LHR-BRU. Winds where so powerfull that none, not even flight attendants, were allowed to walk trough the cabin. The turbulence during landing was so bad, hat more then half of the cabin needed a sickness bag. The captain told us that we needed to make a go-around as the aircraft before us missed the approach, tough we were quite sure that it was actually our aircraft.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

LOL, thunderstorms are awful to fly through, I remember one time flying through one and feeling ill although I was never actually sick, but most of the cabin were! Ive never been sick on a plane before but that was my closest encounter with the sickness bag.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Are pilots actually stupid enough to fly THROUGH thunderstorms over there?!?!?!! My only experience with a sickness bag was when I was already sick from food-poisoning and had to fly the morning after. I reached for it, but fortunately didn't have to use it. Oddly enough, someone told me once that Ginger Ale helps ease the tummy, I tried it, and it worked!!! :D

hanahiyo

Re: Sickness bag, Spuckbeutel, Sac vomitoire

Post by hanahiyo »

SN30952 wrote: **(I'm trying to launch a nauseating forum... :P, read well not nose eating....) :P
Daijyoubudesuyo~, wakattemasu.

I haven't used a sickness bag.
As for my mother, she always gets it as a suvenior.
:cry: