Qatar may cancel A350's

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

bits44

Qatar may cancel A350's

Post by bits44 »

Qatar may cancel A350 order and switch to 787.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... fer=europe
There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

Sikiri

Post by Sikiri »

But there are also customers who say the opposite:

"No plan to review A350 order: Finnair CEO"

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/20 ... r+CEO.html

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

All those rumours its the press :!:

wait until the planes are ready then u know it for 100%

like emirates they will cancel the A380 maybe now :x

greetz,
didier

bits44

Post by bits44 »

I think that the point of the article is Qatar is not satisfied with the progress on its order, certainly there will be customers who don't care what the final rendition is, and they will carry on no matter what. The point was made by the Chairman of Qatar that it may not wait for Airbus to finalize its design.

The Airlines usually plan fleet expansions and replacements years in advance, the delays encountered may cost them in more maintenance, lease extensions, etc. etc. etc.

KT

David747

Post by David747 »

In my opinion, Qatar airlines will make its decision after they see what Airbus will propose with the new A350 or A370.

smokejumper

Post by smokejumper »

I agree with David 747. Qatar will probably not do anything until after Airbus reveals the details of the replacement for the A350. This will be the 5th version of a replacement for the A330 and it needs to defined carefully. It will need to be as light and efficient as Boeing's 787 promised to be and offer comparable life cycle costs.

Thus far, Airbus has not distingushed itself with its' design (A350) nor its delivery schedule.

Unless Airbus comes up with a definitave design soon, they run a risk tha Quatar will defect.

fleabyte

their chairman is getting more and more impatient

Post by fleabyte »

Qatar Airways, which had committed to buy 60 A350s from Airbus SAS, may choose Boeing Co.'s planes instead for long-haul routes because the European planemaker hasn't spelled out what kind of plane it will bring to market.

"We're not going to wait forever," Qatar Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said today in an interview at the International Air Transport Association meeting in Paris. "If things don't happen in the timeframe we want to happen, then of course we'll look somewhere else."

TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

I think it is saber rattling. They are making noise to get Airbus to further commit to changes and to do so faster with a final design.

Theres nothing better than slow cooked fall off the bone BBQ, Texas style

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Emirates has now chimed in with their announcement:

http://www.ameinfo.com/88054.html

CX

Post by CX »

Wow doesn't that say Airbus will 'for sure' get the A350/370 order from Emirates? i have never seen anyone said anything like that before..
"will ONLY consider Airbus over Boeing if it comes up with a 300-seat aircraft" are VERY harsh words...

As for Finnair, what they said is what i thought.. if you were willing to order the original A350, then the new one will only be better!

As for Qatar, well again, what can they do? If they want planes in 2010, they won't get it because the 787 slots are also filled! THey said the new A350/370 is bigger but there is always the -800 which is the size they wanted! And again i'm sure Airbus can offer some lease A330s or 340s to fill the time delay gap..
Last edited by CX on 06 Jun 2006, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

I wonder what US Airways is doing about all the A350 uncertainty....They have ordered i think 20 or 22 A350's

David747

Post by David747 »

I don't think US Airways will change its mind on the A350 order.

fleabyte

US Air

Post by fleabyte »

The indeciciveness on the A350ish gives US Air an out. Afterall, the condition for their order was a USD 250 million loan from Airbust to help them out of bankrupty.

Now they have taken the loan and repaid it. This gives them an excuse to cancel those A350ishes and buy 787's

cageyjames

Re: US Air

Post by cageyjames »

US Airways indifferent to Airbus’s A350 dilemma, even if 20-aircraft order scrapped
In a memorandum to employees, the airline’s president and chief executive Doug Parker says US Airways management understands Airbus “is having internal debate as to whether or not they shouldn’t start over on the A350”. He adds: “If they come back with a new aircraft, great. If they don’t and we don’t have an order any more, that’s fine. The merger’s done and [Airbus has] been paid back, so everyone’s happy.”
US Airways - Fly with US

TexasGuy

Re: US Air

Post by TexasGuy »

cageyjames wrote:US Airways indifferent to Airbus’s A350 dilemma, even if 20-aircraft order scrapped
In a memorandum to employees, the airline’s president and chief executive Doug Parker says US Airways management understands Airbus “is having internal debate as to whether or not they shouldn’t start over on the A350”. He adds: “If they come back with a new aircraft, great. If they don’t and we don’t have an order any more, that’s fine. The merger’s done and [Airbus has] been paid back, so everyone’s happy.”
Interesting....

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Aeroflot now delaying their decision as well:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/14752627.htm