EasyJet's no-frills policy extends to flight's baggage

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-SBZ

EasyJet's no-frills policy extends to flight's baggage

Post by OO-SBZ »

Nearly 200 angry easyJet passengers on a cut-price trip to Italy did not expect "no frills" to mean "no baggage". Travellers were left without their luggage after the company insisted that the flight should take off with an empty hold.
Full article here

BeN :idea:

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I love the comment that "easyJet took the decision to operate the flight to Milan Linate to reduce the delay and minimise disruption to its passengers"

I mean loosing your bags is not disrupting at all...! Is it...?!

Emirates

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Not all passengers have bags checked in... Perhaps there weren't many pax with checked in bags.

The article says 'nearly 200 pax...'. Maybe they sold the cargo hold to paying pax, since the cabin can only hold 156 pax (if a319, 737 almost the same)... :wink:

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

I think the 73G is about 155. Could be wrong.Try doing thie on Cayman Airways Grand Cayman-Havana! You can't buy clothes anywhere in Havana!

earthman

Post by earthman »

'Circumstances outside the control of the airline'. Yeah, right. Power goes down, but instead of waiting, they rather go without the baggage. I fail to see how that decision is outside the control of the airline.

Mudvayne

Post by Mudvayne »

I honestly think it's a good decision.

On a flight LGW- Milan you have a lot of businessmen who don't have any luggage, so for them it's not problem. It is a problem if their flight is 2 hours delayed... And if it's the first flight of the day it's not only that flight that's delayed but the other 3 (or more ) that are gonna be flown by that aircraft that day...
So that means a lot of unhappy passengers (and businessmen, the regular customers)... Now it's only those 100 who didn't have their luggage (who would have been annoyed with the airline anyway because their flight would have been delayed )

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Mudvayne wrote:I honestly think it's a good decision.

On a flight LGW- Milan you have a lot of businessmen who don't have any luggage, so for them it's not problem. It is a problem if their flight is 2 hours delayed... And if it's the first flight of the day it's not only that flight that's delayed but the other 3 (or more ) that are gonna be flown by that aircraft that day...
So that means a lot of unhappy passengers (and businessmen, the regular customers)... Now it's only those 100 who didn't have their luggage (who would have been annoyed with the airline anyway because their flight would have been delayed )
The idea behind budget airlines was to bring air travel to the masses not just business men.
Obviously there was a decison to be made and someone took it, just seems a bad one to me.
One more thing, have you ever had your bags lost?

Emirates

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Well it was obviously a difficult decision for Easyjet: Either wait, and lose a valuable peak slot at Malpenza, leading to even further delays since the plane would probably have had to wait in the sky till a new landing slot available. More fuel used too! Oh and finally repercussions on many other flights during the day...

Or,

Leave, get there on time, but make some passengers very unhappy!

Either ways sure they thought about it before taking a decision! Can't blame them!