The merger of SNBA-TV

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I heard Davignon on the TV yesterday saying "There will be two classes on our aircraft" - and, for those who didn't quite grasp the meaning, he explained : "Yes, two classes, like on the Thalys (train) !"
And how will he call them ? Economy and business ? Seems he is rediscovering the wheel...
As for the name , I suggest, on the model of Tony Ryan / RyanAir : DavignonAir...

Attila

Post by Attila »

SN_fan wrote:
Attila wrote:Hello,
Just keep one thing in mind... VEX check-in staff is paid less than Flightcare staff...
How do you know that??

And what is the diffrence in wages of the check-in staff of VEX, flightcare and aviapartners
Hello,

Because I work with Flightcare... Somebody who works with VEX earns in full-time (100%) the same as somebody with Flightcare in 75%. But at least they have free tickets... So a lot of speculations are going on... We didn 't receive any info yet...

If they will do the check-in themselves, it brings a lot of operational costs with it... They have to pay their own staff... A groundhandler is easier and cheaper to work with...

So what will it be?

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

First of all; VEX pays even less, they pay just under 1000 euros, wich is even less then a 60% with flightcare. But the way it is right now is just not possible anymore in the future. OR they have to chose for a ground handler (Flightcare) and then the VEX agents would have to come and work with us. Or they have to do their own handling. But at the wages they are paying right now, I don't think anyone would move from flightcare to VEX/SN.

Second of all, where do you work?

SierraFoxtrotMike

Post by SierraFoxtrotMike »

Keep cool little fella's ! "Sabena Express" was a April Fool ! You should keep in mind that we don't no anyhting.

Life is FUN !

Regards

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

I don't think Sabena will be in the name. In fact I would be very superised if the name will have Sabena in it. Maybe it will be something like "Brussels Express" or maybe it will be a whole new name.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

But still, Sabena (Express or not) would be the best possible choice, for all the reasons mentioned in several posts before.
André
ex Sabena #26567

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

For all the same reasons Sabena would be a bad name.

Just think of all Pan Am revivals. If business decissions are made because of nostalgia .. you'll find yourself sooner or later again in the bankruptcy court.

Get a new name! Because this airline is going to be a lot better than Sabena ever was!

Attila

Post by Attila »

EBAW_flyer wrote:First of all; VEX pays even less, they pay just under 1000 euros, wich is even less then a 60% with flightcare. But the way it is right now is just not possible anymore in the future. OR they have to chose for a ground handler (Flightcare) and then the VEX agents would have to come and work with us. Or they have to do their own handling. But at the wages they are paying right now, I don't think anyone would move from flightcare to VEX/SN.

Second of all, where do you work?

I work @ Passenger Services, Check-In and Boarding

harry_spotter2

Post by harry_spotter2 »

I was thinking about SN Express in order to keep both names. Etienne Davignon said that the S tail would remain. They have to keep the S that is still identified with Sabena, otherwise it would be a real commercial mistake.
My opinion is that the new company should not be too hungry and begin to extend too much and end up like Sabena. I hope that lessons have been learned.
As a fleet renewal, around 2010; I would put my money on either B737NG or or Embraers (175 or195) for the short haul fleet. For the replacement of the 3 A330s, i'm not sure that they will be able to buy brand new airplanes. I think they will either opt for 767s or other 330s but we will never see 777s, 340s or 350s in their fleet.
It is a very good move to have a new compnay, Belgium is too small to have two companies in competion, L'Union fait la force, isn't it? :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

harry_spotter2 wrote:Etienne Davignon said that the S tail would remain.
Where did he say that ?

harry_spotter2

Post by harry_spotter2 »

He said it last night on the news, RTBF or RTL, I watched both news. [/quote]

Avro

Post by Avro »

harry_spotter2 wrote:He said it last night on the news, RTBF or RTL, I watched both news.
Thanks for your answer :)

harry_spotter2

Post by harry_spotter2 »

You are very welcome :D

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

Forget the 767as a replacement for the A330. They already did some studies about this item and the 767 doesn't has as much as cargospace available than the A330-300. Cargo is also big business for SNBA.

And the €12 M Euro profit?? It's thanks to a devidend of SIC that was paid and some nice tricks that SNBA made a profit. According to Kanaal/Canal Z the profit made by the longhaul doesn't fill the loss made by the European flights. They were just lucky again.... :wink:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

About the possible North-America routes, a while ago AA was asking SNBA to play also a role in this. They want that SNBA is going to offer flights to the USA.

There is a chance that they could start up a late afternoon or evening flight.

But like Mr Davignon said: the new transatlantic routes are a long term thought.

SabenaRebirth

Post by SabenaRebirth »

harry_spotter2 wrote:He said it last night on the news, RTBF or RTL, I watched both news.
??????

I just saw both the RTBF and RTL news online, and I didn't hear that!

SabenaRebirth

Post by SabenaRebirth »

harry_spotter2 wrote:we will never see 777s, 340s or 350s in their fleet.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@harry_spotter: is that an April fool's joke about the S-Tail?

I heard exactly the opposite yesterday...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

SabenaRebirth

Post by SabenaRebirth »

Wouldn't this be great to see in Zaventem in 2007:
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attach ... ntid=22931

:jump:

Image removed by OO-VEX; see Forum rule 9: Keep the images in your forum-messages under 640*480 or 800*600, otherwise the page will be stretched too much.