Alitalia: A Class of its own!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
747sp

Alitalia: A Class of its own!

Post by 747sp »

A few years back I flew from Athens to Vienna via Milan with Alitalia vice versa. I have not flown with that many airlines (Air Canada, American Eagle, Thai, Austrian, Olympic, Lufthansa, Alitalia) but I from what I have witnessed Alitalia really impressed me.

The food was execellent.The crew were very friendly but not in a "strict" professional way but somehow cool. They took time to chat with the passengers, joked with them, had a real good time. They made the passengers really fell that they were welcomed not just because they paid for the flight, but also because they -the crew-realy injoyed their work. And yes the stewardesses were gorgeous:wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Except from meals etc, their seats are like sofa's!

This airline rules in terms of seating comfort.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Lien

Post by Lien »

• Why don't you choose a nice avatar 747sp ?

Lien !

747sp

Post by 747sp »

E.....HM...IF I ONLY KNEW HOW LIEN!

SN30952

Long time ago...

Post by SN30952 »

Long time ago I was on an Alitalia flight from Rome (FCO) to Munich (MUC -the old airport). After take-off the crew starts with the safety demonstration of course in Italian... Something like "Bienvenuti a bordo...etc etc questo aero va a MONACO....)
I was sitting next to approximatively 120kilos of Bavarian meat. This guys jumps up, and standing in front of the shaking steward, the Bavarian shouts in his face: Iche will nicht nach MONACO Ich vil nach Muenchen...
The poor shaking steward could not stammer a word. But I could help him out of situation by telling the Bavarian meat & fett mountain Monaco in Italian means Muenchen in German....

Guess where I continued the flight? Yes in F-class*. That's what you get when you save an Alitalia steward in big trouble.

Alitalia in the air is fantastic. Airportservices in Italy were doing the handling, this was long time a commercial handicap for Alitalia... As this doubled the chances a chopero occured: if it was not the airportservice, it was the airline... And really it did look like airportservice didn't care at all.

*in these times there was no c-class

qnnm

Post by qnnm »

In may 1996 I flew ATH-FCO on AZ A300 I-BUSD.
I was seated in C-class ...all alone !
Imagine the security demo: the steward asked me if I was familiar with the safety 'show' ...and that was his perfect excuse not to do the safety demo.
Approx. 15 min. later I started reading my Belgian NL-newspaper that I'd bought the day before.

The steward promptly came to me speaking NL, he went to school in Genk (B) during the years that his father worked in the coalmines.
We started talking and talking and talking... he offered me a big bottle of Spumante to take along.
I continued reading the newspaper on the FCO-BRU flight.

747sp

Post by 747sp »

Pop singer Madonna probably was right when she wore that "italians do it better" T-shirt :lol:

Comet

Post by Comet »

What kind of food is served on Alitalia flights?

As a big fan of Italian foods, I would be interested to know, but no one I knew has ever flown with the airline to be able to answer my question.

They certainly sound like a good carrier though.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

747sp

Post by 747sp »

Well when I flew with Alitalia the food wasnt italian but it was excellent nevertheless.

SN30952

A simple way to know...

Post by SN30952 »

Comet wrote:What kind of food is served on Alitalia flights?
A simple way to know, is, Louise: You ask for the name of the caterer(s).

BTW this might be a nice database for aviation gourmets: What caterer serves what airline where?

Or does anybody have suggestions where to find an answer to this Q?

Enjoy your breakfast, lunch dinner or what ever you plan to savour next.